User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 41

Thread: Guns and Schools

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Re: Guns and Schools

Anyways...

I'm seeing that the arming of teachers may come a reality.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    12-8

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    an AR-15 will kill more people in a shorter amount of time than a shotgun dude, if you bring a shotgun to a highschool shooting you will be lucky to make it out alive.
    Do you understand what semi-automatic means? I can put a drum attachment on a 12 ga. shotgun and do the exact same amount of damage in the same amount of time. Shit, in close quarters like a school I would argue that you could do MORE damage with a semi-auto shotgun.

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Do you understand what semi-automatic means? I can put a drum attachment on a 12 ga. shotgun and do the exact same amount of damage in the same amount of time. Shit, in close quarters like a school I would argue that you could do MORE damage with a semi-auto shotgun.
    When youre trying to hurt rooms & hallways full of people very quickly.. I dont know much about guns but I think its pretty obvious an AR-15 would be the better choice.

I didnt even realize it was you ryan.. arent you a cop now. Last I remember you were in training or something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Taut View Post
    Anyways...

Itll never happen.. just imagining all those old ass ladies I had as teachers in school carrying a gun is making me giggle. The teaching community would never approve of it

Not to mention how much drama this country has on how police officers are handling themselves with weapons.. I couldnt imagine the kind of chaotic situations that would arise if all teachers carried guns.
    Last edited by Mike G.; February 20th, 2018 at 07:37 PM

Coal to the furnace Cody Phoenix's Avatar
    Awards OM HOF

TBH a little kid should be strapped in this day and age

Niggers/retards are, why not little jimmy from down the way?

Battle Record
    12-8

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
    When youre trying to hurt rooms & hallways full of people very quickly.. I dont know much about guns but I think its pretty obvious an AR-15 would be the better choice.

I didnt even realize it was you ryan.. arent you a cop now. Last I remember you were in training or something
    Again, semi-auto means that every time you squeeze the trigger, a round comes out, forever, so long as you don't experience a weapon malfunction or run out of ammo. So a semi-auto AR - which is the only type you can walk out of a store the same day with - is the same as a semi-auto shotgun.

That being said, as far as damage in a hallway, you could put some 00 buckshot in a 12ga. with a drum mag and take out multiple people with a single shot. It won't have the same range as an AR, but we're talking close range here. So range isn't really an issue.

But alas.. what happened was terrible and I hope they hang the little psycho by his nuts. But the problem isn't the AR, or the guns in general. The problem is people. My S&W Bodyguard .38 stays loaded in my night stand with no safety. It's never gotten up in the middle of the night and killed me.

As far as being a cop, nah not yet. I graduated in December. I'm getting married in October so I'm looking at getting into the academy sometime early next year.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Taut View Post
    Anyways...

No it wouldn't.

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

Paid armed security and/or officers at schools will be the new norm in the US before teachers get strapped.
    If im a teacher though, Im keeping a loaded one in the ceiling right above my desk tho.
    No one gets paid enough just to be a sitting duck. Hell naw!

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

@Enoch Light chime in sir. I want to hear your point of view.

Stranger

arming teachers would be a tragedy, if you think it's bad with the police it will be even worse with teachers, think about it, if someone ditches class or something simple they risk getting shot lol.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Yeah ok. Because anyone in the right mind would take a childs life for "skipping class".

I'm sure it's nearly impossible but please don't have kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KnowP View Post
    Paid armed security and/or officers at schools will be the new norm in the US before teachers get strapped.
    If im a teacher though, Im keeping a loaded one in the ceiling right above my desk tho.
    No one gets paid enough just to be a sitting duck. Hell naw!
    Schools my kids attend have their own police department. Have had one for 20 years apparently. Then again, the school district is rated top 5 to 10 in America.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    128-135
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins FL Champion VBL Champion

armed security is a safe option no doubt they gotta go through intense training though and a mental test. Does anyone think changing the gun law to 21 to purchase will change society fuck no.
    [url]https:

Battle Record
    51-15

Altering gun laws will only mean more firearms illegally purchased.

Armed guards isn't the answer either.

This is why, who will they seek; ex military, police officers or any form of former law enforcement, most likely.

With vets you risk PTSD - MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES and the same could be with former Law Enforcement.

Developing a school district Police Department where requirements of obtaining the job is set up as applying for any law enforcement. Extensive testing, background check and investigation, physical with minimum required scores and times, and academy with a completion requirement.

An officer with a badge designated to serve and protect personnel and children under oath. That is their only job and priority is to protect and serve the school district.

Like I said, my kids school has been doing this for 20 years now nearly, since 9/11... And there has NEVER been issues where weapons have been brought to the school or anything.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    128-135
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins FL Champion VBL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Altering gun laws will only mean more firearms illegally purchased.

Armed guards isn't the answer either.

This is why, who will they seek; ex military, police officers or any form of former law enforcement, most likely.

With vets you risk PTSD - MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES and the same could be with former Law Enforcement.

Developing a school district Police Department where requirements of obtaining the job is set up as applying for any law enforcement. Extensive testing, background check and investigation, physical with minimum required scores and times, and academy with a completion requirement.

An officer with a badge designated to serve and protect personnel and children under oath. That is their only job and priority is to protect and serve the school district.

Like I said, my kids school has been doing this for 20 years now nearly, since 9/11... And there has NEVER been issues where weapons have been brought to the school or anything.
    thats what implying someone who has mental stability lol
    [url]https:

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

I seen some shit earlier.. trump is actually pushing to arm teachers..and all teachers would get a raise

Obviously a teacher wouldnt be shooting anyone for skipping class.. but in the inner cities & rough neighborhoods its not uncommon at all for teachers to get physically assualted when they say something disrespectful to students.

I went to alternative school when I was in hs.. a school full of kids with behavioral problems who were expelled from their regular high school. Teachers getting threatened was an everyday thing.

Its bound to happen for a student to get in an aggressive stance towards a teacher, the teacher feels threatened and the kid gets shot. The whole class will record it on their iphone, upload it to worldstar and its gonna start a race war. Its gonna happen all the time.

If this shit actually goes through ill be shocked.. yea lets hand out more guns.. the reason we have so many school shootings is cause of how many guns we have in this country.. when you compare school violence in the US vs other countries.. we have more school shootings here then 36 other countries combined.. and we have way more guns.. the guns ARE the problem.

If these pussy ass kids didnt have access to a weapon like that, you think theyd go around stabbing people?? Fuck no. They dont have the heart. Anyone can easily pull a trigger and unload on people.. if they had to go to greater lengths to commit mass violence it would be much harder and would happen much less.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-floats-bonuses-teachers-willing-carry-guns-class-n850281
    Last edited by Mike G.; February 22nd, 2018 at 06:06 PM

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF

If my teachers had guns when I was at school I would have been dead a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Also...America, we need to talk.

You are now at the point where you are seriously considering ARMING your teachers...surely you have to now address the very real issue that there is something deeply wrong with the psychology of your culture.