User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: Guns and Schools

Stranger

Re: Guns and Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Yeah ok. Because anyone in the right mind would take a childs life for "skipping class".

a.
    because police don't take kids lives for less.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
    I seen some shit earlier.. trump is actually pushing to arm teachers..and all teachers would get a raise

Obviously a teacher wouldnt be shooting anyone for skipping class.. but in the inner cities & rough neighborhoods its not uncommon at all for teachers to get physically assualted when they say something disrespectful to students.

I went to alternative school when I was in hs.. a school full of kids with behavioral problems who were expelled from their regular high school. Teachers getting threatened was an everyday thing.

Its bound to happen for a student to get in an aggressive stance towards a teacher, the teacher feels threatened and the kid gets shot. The whole class will record it on their iphone, upload it to worldstar and its gonna start a race war. Its gonna happen all the time.

If this shit actually goes through ill be shocked.. yea lets hand out more guns.. the reason we have so many school shootings is cause of how many guns we have in this country.. when you compare school violence in the US vs other countries.. we have more school shootings here then 36 other countries combined.. and we have way more guns.. the guns ARE the problem.

If these pussy ass kids didnt have access to a weapon like that, you think theyd go around stabbing people?? Fuck no. They dont have the heart. Anyone can easily pull a trigger and unload on people.. if they had to go to greater lengths to commit mass violence it would be much harder and would happen much less.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...-class-n850281
    And alas... you can refer back to my earlier comment, because that's where it stemmed from.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

Quote Originally Posted by KnowP View Post
    @Enoch Light chime in sir. I want to hear your point of view.
    just for you brotha . . .

The problem with debating gun control is each point seems to create a new point and people just end up arguing in circles.

on the topic of teachers having guns, i do not support Trumps plan.
    If you are offering money to carry a gun, most teachers will only carry the gun to increase their salaries. There are also serious and extensive training issues that will fall into play here . . . i just don't think its a realistic solution

However, i think states and government should lift the 'No Gun Zone' from public schools and allow teachers to conceal carry if its legal in their state, or if they have a permit to do so.

if anyone wants to debate whether all guns, or certain types of guns should be banned, we can have that discussion too. But i think we need to tackle one at a time. And instead of just saying "Guns are a problem and something needs to be done" people need to provide solutions. Here are some that i posted on a different site. .

A) Provide more resources for the Feds to properly conduct background checks

B) Right now there is a law that States if a background check takes longer then 3 days, you automatically get sold the rifle. I do not agree with this, they should have to submit a second back ground check (free of charge). If that one takes longer than three days, then sell the damn rifle or whatever. . . there is no excuse for it

C) Decriminalize and end the war on drugs. Take that 600 million dollars a year and fund local law enforcement agencies to provide educational courses free to the public. . .

*Gun Safety
    *Gun Laws
    *Defensive training
    *Situational Awareness
    *Shoot dont Shoot scenarios

D) Fund mental health and make resources more available!!!!! I cant stress this enough.

E) More regulations are needed on Psychotropic drug prescriptions. Doctors prescribe this shit like crazy and are heavily linked to gun related suicide deaths

F) Make businesses responsible for security if their policy will not allow me to carry or conceal a firearm for self protection. This will promote more security in highly populated places. If not, at least i have the option of defending myself or somebody else in an active shooting situation

G) Stop letting violent offenders out of prison! A non-violent offender should be released before ANY violent offender if its a population issue. Especially don't release the repeat offenders

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Witty View Post
    If my teachers had guns when I was at school I would have been dead a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Also...America, we need to talk.

You are now at the point where you are seriously considering ARMING your teachers...surely you have to now address the very real issue that there is something deeply wrong with the psychology of your YOUTH's culture.
    Fixed.

And @Dia - You can not compare a police officer with a teacher, you fucking idiot. You are legit stubborn as dumb as fuck - stay out of these grown man conversations and continue coding.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again...

GUN CONTROL is not the problem.

Discipline in today's youth is.

Stranger

you're totally missing the point, historically putting guns in the arms of authority figures has done us no good, and once again it wasn't a comparison, it would be worse than it is with the police, no comparison, I even said that in the comment and you can't read, or comprehend.

the only comparison would be they're the authority figures.
    Last edited by Stranger; February 23rd, 2018 at 07:59 AM

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Teachers aren't "Authority Figures" you idiot LMAO...

Law Enforcement are Authority Figures. Teachers are not.

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF

authority figure
    noun
    a person whose real or apparent authority over others inspires or demands obedience and emulation:
    Parents, teachers, and police officers are traditional authority figures for children.

Just saying.

Battle Record
    51-15

Key word, traditional.

We haven't been in a "traditional" mind set for a century now.

Fuck Y2K.

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

Im pretty sure a teacher is definitely an authority figure.

Theyre responsible for keeping an entire classroom full of kids in line.. and they have the responsibility of disciplining them when someone disrupts the class. This creates hostile situations because I know alot of kids who dont resond well to authority figures, or being told what to do.

You can compare this sitiution to officers carrying guns cause police have to go through extensive training on carrying weapons.. and they still make controversial & unjust killings on a regular basis. And its cause alot of the times, the cops are in bad neighborhoods and are in constant fear so they overreact to situations thinking theyre protecting themselves.

You think teachers in bad schools arent in constant fear while they teach?

I went to school in the suburbs.. and I also went to school in some rough places. And its 2 completely different expieriences.

If you went to a really nice school as opposed to a bad one.. I could completely understand why you would never see how a teacher would feel the need to use a gun unjustly.. but trust me, Itll happen.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Security should be the primary option. I don't see a need necessarily to arm every teacher, when you have the possibility of an irate teenager, or even a group of classmates , jumping a teacher , taking that gun and going on their own killing spree. The risk of that scenario is far greater than any massacre in the past month. There definitely should be some kind of security checks/clearances, school training, etc to help tackle the issue. Donald Trump seems to spew idiocy at every corner, so it's not too surprising this idea came up in the first place. I'm sure there will always be SOME kind of way a kid can sneak a gun in the school, but making more guns accessible to children isn't the answer. Even when I think about the viral videos you see of student/teacher altercations, and you throw a gun in the mix and it's just head shaking..

Anyways, my two cents.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Witty View Post
    authority figure
    noun
    a person whose real or apparent authority over others inspires or demands obedience and emulation:
    Parents, teachers, and police officers are traditional authority figures for children.

Just saying.
    lmao.

we was talking about kids anyway to, or I was.