User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Zazen

Awards OM HOF

Zazen

Suggestion: read uttered under breath

I was only 15 years old when my father died. He was a charming guy, almond-eyed and full of light.
    The calm and kind and always honest type that lived a modest life. Kissed his wife. Farmed and liked
    to smoke his bong at night. Provided chai & appetizing bowls of rice. Our home was nice. My only gripes
    were over times he'd go for wine to soak his throat and sober mind (invoking ghosts he hoped to hide).

"Zopa, I was only 5 when boats arrived on coastal lines" He'd close his eyes. "...and most of my.....
    whole family died, like toasted goats and roasted swine, enclosed inside a holy shrine. I moaned & whined
    then choked and cried - the open sky was cloaked in grime - as Chinese soldiers bolted by
    and catapulted boulders high like flying coals of molten death igniting homes and scalding flesh
    'til only bones and skulls were left of noble folk from Old Tibet that etched the road to Okobek.
    Where local sects in togas met & buddhist monks with yogis slept upon the steps that cobras stretched."

He'd slow his breath. then go in-depth. about the throne & strong protest and how it led to thousands dead
    or how he fled and found the land of Shangri-La. His anger stopped once he unlocked the ancient box
    of elevated train of thought. He'd train a lot. Reframe from drops of alcohol and break the pots.
    When days were hot. the shade was not. We made the pond our sacred spot. Then shaped a rock into a block
    to meditate and say our 'oms'. My father passed, but did not die. Instead he managed to survive
    beyond the frantic hands of time, chronologically devised & romantically inclined to turn the mantis into flies.

Cause transcendent elevation comes from stations that you climb and the greatness you can find
    in trading places if you're wise. The enlightenment he reached at his psychedelic peak was like an atrophy to grief
    and a practice I believe that I can master gradually, once I'm actually in sync with the natural tapestry.

...and so I sit here. beneath a canopy of trees. As peaceful as a lotus. floating in a stream.
    I close my eyes to focus. Control my inner ch'i. By soaking in the moment. and solar energy.
    The leaves begin to rustle. from blowing in the breeze. It's lovely and it's subtle. The poetry of Spring.
    I'm humble as a bubble. that flows into the Sea. Untroubled like the puddle. along the empty street.
    My ego has been muffled. (Emotional relief). Unmuddled and unpuzzled. I'm totally at ease.

...topical battle verse written to the picture...

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Re: Zazen

Self, I never doubted your talents for a moment. There are many talented people who drop on rb and don't get the feed they deserve. and some of those people seem to drop gold on a constant. Its obvious that you spend a good amount of time working on a piece and dont just post ramblings at the drop of a hat. I like that you cultivate a piece from birth and help it grown, nurturing it like a baby that you're proud of. Every one of your pieces has a deeper meaning and delves into waters typically untouched by everyday language or thought.
    This was no exception. There's a richness in your words that takes me to a higher plane. The imagery is always vivid and the colours pop in my mind, as the atmosphere gets denser and thicker the rhymes, internal and multis add to that story telling thats imo on another level.
    I'd usually do my typical run down but I just woke up and Im not quite ready for that intense breakdown.
    Plus its been forever since ive been here. I just had to come and drop a few words on this piece of yours that for some ungodly reason has been slept on and not fed at all.
    So im here to tell you that you havent lost your spark my friend.
    You've still got it.
    You're a true story telling with melodical flow streamlining the reader on a rainbow of delightful pictures while riding a symphony of sounds.

Respect and admiration for your gift.

em

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The 0bserver
    Battle Record
    3-4

Re: Zazen

Daaaaaaaaaamn you are good. Conveying what you want to say with eloquence all in the midst of a tight rhyme scheme, this is the hallmark of a good rapper. If I could I would steal all of Lil' Wayne's undeserved millions and give it to you. We need more subject matter like this instead of shit like....
    I'm poppin' molly nigga
    my balls be bigga
    all these niggas
    think I ain't on lean that's a folly nigga (etc.)
    In other words we need less lean and cash flossing and more consciousness and lyricism.