User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 114

Thread: Rest in Peace RapbattlesDOTcom

Stranger

Re: Rest in Peace RapbattlesDOTcom

not all forums are dead, just generally text battle forums, I am a member of a few forums out side of this niche, that is active.

I propose making a site about everything, and if theres people on there that like rap battles they can do that, the niche of this web site has to be broader than text battles.

the mods / admins on here never realized they can start as many tournies/leagues or put the most dopest features up here, if no one sees the shit, its pointless, focus on promoting the site, then do all that shit!

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

I will not allow this site to die.

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by B Dot LESNAR View Post
    I will not allow this site to die.
    to late

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    to late

As an admin of the site your attitude is really counterproductive, dude.

Stranger

I would say that about any site.

I'm not "admin" just the coder guy.

and avid chocolate milk drinker.

Battle Record
    32-6

I would say that about any site.

I'm not "admin" just the coder guy.

and avid chocolate milk drinker.
    We need to be upbeat and optimistic. Our biggest concern is making the new members feel welcomed.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Danze's Avatar
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics

I dont understand. You have a coder here and still it's just a bulletin board. Have you thought of adding a website at the front to give news, latest battles from kotd or don't flop and encourage new people to stick around? Maybe a dedicated members blog posts, album reviews, monthly Spotify playlists, sound cloud spotlight? Right now this looks like a secret page for only a select few people.

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Danze View Post
    I dont understand. You have a coder here and still it's just a bulletin board. Have you thought of adding a website at the front to give news, latest battles from kotd or don't flop and encourage new people to stick around? Maybe a dedicated members blog posts, album reviews, monthly Spotify playlists, sound cloud spotlight? Right now this looks like a secret page for only a select few people.
    we had a front page, people complained because it wasn't updated.

people don't want to be forced upon a frontpage before coming to the forums.

Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics

Which people. The three you have active?

I genuinely think that you need more content. But i mean what do i know.

Stranger

no want wants to do shit man.

front page would require someone updating it, and put a road block up in front of the forums annoying the members we already have, you can have a blog like that without making it the front page, since each individual page on your site has it's own ranking chance in google, these people don't fuck with blogs / front pages and neither would anyone participating in a site like this, just need to focus on promotion instead of features.

If no one loves text battle forums enough to talk about them on social media, then that's where we should start.

Agreed with your last statement. But why are you focused on text battling so much. why isn't a hip hop community of people who share music and collab through their own passion, not the end goal here. The enthuses of text battling is disturbing.

I think you are narrowing you demographic tremendously.

And this is from someone who enjoys text's battles. All the old heads would take their time to read mag's and peoples post's about their favourite mixtape or album, and grow together. Treat a Blog in the same way.

There are ways around your issues with the handfull of active heads you have here getting annoyed because there is more content.

Well if you have decided this is how the forum will remain then there is nothing anyone could say to change that.

Stranger

well this forum has always been about text battling, we only recently had a forum where members could share audio ( unless ur talking back in the day ), still the members didn't care enough about that.

we are shit out of luck, and the domain name is partially responsible, this limits us to rapbattles, that is dead across the board unless your a big league, even then it's dying.

back in the day before all the leagues,and social media forums was the place to go, so it makes sense this would be replaced, if you wanted to battle you would do it IRL or on a forum, prolly a good portion of battlers/rappers started out doing this shit.

the ban stick ruined this shit.

I'm about to open the flood gates and unban everyone, if the people that got banned haven't changed their ways then fuck them, a good percentage, ( even more than that ) was banned for no reason, because they had beef with management or something like that.

you can only do so much if you don't have the keys to take over the site, if that where possible I could allocate some budget and time for real promotion, I just don't see my self spending real ad revenue on something I get no ROI out of, still that could be done for free if you're willing to spend all the time to do it.

there is a few off us here, if we each hit up our fb friends, that would be dope.

I actually had an idea about that, I will post about later tonight.

well this forum has always been about text battling, we only recently had a forum where members could share audio ( unless ur talking back in the day ), still the members didn't care enough about that.

we are shit out of luck, and the domain name is partially responsible, this limits us to rapbattles, that is dead across the board unless your a big league, even then it's dying.

back in the day before all the leagues,and social media forums was the place to go, so it makes sense this would be replaced, if you wanted to battle you would do it IRL or on a forum, prolly a good portion of battlers/rappers started out doing this shit.

the ban stick ruined this shit.

I'm about to open the flood gates and unban everyone, if the people that got banned haven't changed their ways then fuck them, a good percentage, ( even more than that ) was banned for no reason, because they had beef with management or something like that.

you can only do so much if you don't have the keys to take over the site, if that where possible I could allocate some budget and time for real promotion, I just don't see my self spending real ad revenue on something I get no ROI out of, still that could be done for free if you're willing to spend all the time to do it.

there is a few off us here, if we each hit up our fb friends, that would be dope.

I actually had an idea about that, I will post about later tonight.
    Well that explains a bit.
    When you say you don't have the keys, what do you mean by that? I was under the impression you are the admin here. Who is paying for hosting here?

I completely agree with the history of the site, and understand that this has primarily been a text site since day one. My concerns and the reason i have tried to suggest some possible changes lie in the fact that yes text battling is dead, on most of the internet. The only real active site i found recently led me to find NME and Kin*Etic which was nostalgia trip reading their drops in itself, but the text scene looks active there.

Maybe my studio will just start a little project of our own in the hip hop sector. I don't seem to find any really useful hip hop sites in general, Forum or none.

Anyway im not completely understanding... are you limited to what you're allowed to change?

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Danze View Post
    Well that explains a bit.
    When you say you don't have the keys, what do you mean by that? I was under the impression you are the admin here. Who is paying for hosting here?

I completely agree with the history of the site, and understand that this has primarily been a text site since day one. My concerns and the reason i have tried to suggest some possible changes lie in the fact that yes text battling is dead, on most of the internet. The only real active site i found recently led me to find NME and Kin*Etic which was nostalgia trip reading their drops in itself, but the text scene looks active there.

Maybe my studio will just start a little project of our own in the hip hop sector. I don't seem to find any really useful hip hop sites in general, Forum or none.

Anyway im not completely understanding... are you limited to what you're allowed to change?
    strobe is the main owner, but doesn't mean he's paying for hosting, not sure who does that, I have access to everything.

but I'm not going to spend hard earned money on this shit honestly, I'm not the main guy., the owner don't come here.

I have control over the whole site in that aspect, but still would need the keys and take over before any real change happens, I don't want to have to answer to no one, I ask first before I do anything on here.

I was only asked to baby sit the battle hack basically.

me and gow was really the only one that really knew how to manage that, if he needed help coding wise I always helped him out, I just never wanted to be a "full admin".

That's fair enough.