User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 46 to 60 of 114

Thread: Rest in Peace RapbattlesDOTcom

Re: Rest in Peace RapbattlesDOTcom

Its no one's fault. Technology & facebook
    Changed our reliance on forums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Dia
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I wish you aids.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
    The site is oversaturated with text battling shit/leagues. And its advertised as such which is why itll never become active. No ones going to have a desire to be apart of something theres no demand for. Like danze was saying the texting needs to be a side section of the site rather then the main attraction. You could still do ao much other shit with this domain name.
    Give it a break. There has been much discussion about making improvements to the site and you have been approached numerous times and asked to contribute. @Dia respectably stepped up and made shit happen, you haven't done anything of value except manage a halfway house you were living at for two years because you're a convicted felon with no future.

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

LOL. I havent been approached at all to contribute, I OFFERED to make a banner which ill do when I get a minute. Im a father & work 10 hour shifts overnight.

If someone wants to sell the site ill gladly buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I struck a nerve with the text battle promotion part

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Not reading that long shit man. Too tired.
    @ILLunatic too busy for this shit man. He finally got employed after sitting home collecting welfare for so many years and works 100 hours and 7 days a week. He doesn't have time for RB anymore, lol.
    This fucking guy. They still do welfare?

Add & Follow

·

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

I wish we were more audio / video based, point blank period. Nobody is capable of giving it the focus it needs to make those the forefront

Add & Follow

·

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Lmfao

You've Earned a Custom Title! Danze's Avatar
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics

Mike G understood what I was trying to say.

I really think if you thought about making this a hub for all rap battles, including reviews of kotd or don't flop any thing that is different. We can either sit here and blame each other or the advance in social media and technology. But really and truthfully if you ever wanted an active site you'd be open to change and move with them advances.
    Last edited by Danze; April 17th, 2018 at 01:41 PM Reason: Because spelling is important.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Truthally.

Stranger

if everyone in this thread messages there fb friends every once in awhile, we would be in good shape.

Battle Record
    51-15

Lmao - not messaging family members about a text battle forum, bro.

Unlike you, people I legit know - like have encountered throughout my life are on there not strangers I've never met.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Danze's Avatar
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics

Truthally.
    Cheers mate, I'm normally alright with my spelling, must of rushed that post whilst trying to work out how i can help.

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by ILLunatic View Post
    I wish we were more audio / video based, point blank period. Nobody is capable of giving it the focus it needs to make those the forefront
    Yea I remember when opie and all them guys here we had more audio shit than text.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

LMFAO. This.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Stranger

Unlike you, people I legit know - like have encountered throughout my life are on there not strangers I've never met.
    speak for your self, most of us have a fb with people we know online.

as well as a twitter or something else.

one of my accounts is just for people I know online, so I don't get no one on my personal shit.

everyone I have on there already knows about RB though.

I doubt there is anyone that does this, that doesn't know about RB

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Yea I remember when opie and all them guys here we had more audio shit than text.

I don't think there was EVER a point there was more audio than text, but definitely a lot more livelier around those times, for sure. We will never get to that point because frankly forums are dead and unappealing. Most of us only come here because we've been here for so long and there's that nostalgic value towards it, but even the most reputable of hip hop forums have the dedicated members they had from the beginning, give or take a few that came later on.

No audio head will be coming back because there's just no incentive to. This site is a niche that only appeals to less and less people as the years go by. It's outdated, and a drastic overhaul of this site would be needed to even give it one half of a fighting chance against what's out there now. No amount of dress up is gonna change the fact that there's much more efficient ways to network with your peers than this. Even the admins don't want to advertise it - that says a lot.

Lounge is the only thing still alive because in essence it's a Facebook wall before there was a Facebook. Just random shit (incl. rap topics) all in one central location, without adhering to a unified conformity. It's everything you want in one place with minimal effort to access it. Not even switching around forum locations is gonna change that.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut