User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 75 of 114

Thread: Rest in Peace RapbattlesDOTcom

Stranger

Re: Rest in Peace RapbattlesDOTcom

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Taut View Post
    I don't think there was EVER a point there was more audio than text, but definitely a lot more livelier around those times, for sure. We will never get to that point because frankly forums are dead and unappealing. Most of us only come here because we've been here for so long and there's that nostalgic value towards it, but even the most reputable of hip hop forums have the dedicated members they had from the beginning, give or take a few that came later on.

No audio head will be coming back because there's just no incentive to. This site is a niche that only appeals to less and less people as the years go by. It's outdated, and a drastic overhaul of this site would be needed to even give it one half of a fighting chance against what's out there now. No amount of dress up is gonna change the fact that there's much more efficient ways to network with your peers than this. Even the admins don't want to advertise it - that says a lot.

Lounge is the only thing still alive because in essence it's a Facebook wall before there was a Facebook. Just random shit (incl. rap topics) all in one central location, without adhering to a unified conformity. It's everything you want in one place with minimal effort to access it. Not even switching around forum locations is gonna change that.
    you use to many big words!

I was just saying when forums where active as fuck, I was literally a teenager, ( 33 now ) nearly almost 2 decades of this shit "dying".

there is enough people on social media from those days, to bring that back, but they need a reason to come back to forums and stuff.

I was thinking like a little hof reunion thing and tagging said people on social media and linking them up back here.

make it like an event radio show, with someone wiling to host the shit.

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

I’ve offered money for an audio tourney...

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

^ Yeah, unfortunately all those ideas are as old as these forums are. Shit's just a mirror reflection of what social media USED to be. This shit's the fucking Geocities of social media.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

I offered to buy this site in 2012.

Edit: I offered 3 times in '12.
    Last edited by #PrimeTime; April 17th, 2018 at 11:44 PM Reason: Forgot stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Celph Taut
    sick, bro. Holy shit. Absolutely captivating lyrics. never seen something so explosive, dynamic, and quintessentially mesmerizing! Keep it up!

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

I think social media has a big part to do with it.. but theres still plenty of extremely active forums. I mean look at reddit or 4 chan. Theyre interference is alot different but still very live forums.

Dia that idea sounds dope.. I definitely never added anyone from rb on fb though. I think I follow ric on instagram thats about it

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
    I think social media has a big part to do with it.. but theres still plenty of extremely active forums. I mean look at reddit or 4 chan. Theyre interference is alot different but still very live forums.

Dia that idea sounds dope.. I definitely never added anyone from rb on fb though. I think I follow ric on instagram thats about it
    yea rap related sub reddits are active, but it's hard to get those people to come from reddit back to traditional forums, that one site rmbva or otbva are pretty active only because they pirate kotd events and shit. I forgot the one.

Battle Record
    0-2

when Broke Lesnar made that thread trolling Dia about fixing up the site, i had laid out the only thing that would make this site relevant again...

that still stands...

no amount of attention is going to fix the place if its not going to be completely overhauled and integrated into a social media vibe....if it stays in a forum format, nothing will change...

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    when Broke Lesnar made that thread trolling Dia about fixing up the site, i had laid out the only thing that would make this site relevant again...

that still stands...

no amount of attention is going to fix the place if its not going to be completely overhauled and integrated into a social media vibe....if it stays in a forum format, nothing will change...

Yeah, they know having us talk about it over and over is the only thing giving this site activity, cause it sure as shit ain't coming from the other forums on this site. #StayWOKE

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Taut View Post
    Yeah, they know having us talk about it over and over is the only thing giving this site activity, cause it sure as shit ain't coming from the other forums on this site. #StayWOKE
    aye ima hit you up on FB soon about osmething...gonna hit your inbox...

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post

that still stands...

Brokeback wasnt trolling.. that was genuine anger. upset he put his heart & soul into promoting leagues for the site which generated no activity

- - - Updated - - -

Brokeback lesnar. Dont even reply. Just shut the fuck up.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    speak for your self, most of us have a fb with people we know online.

as well as a twitter or something else.

one of my accounts is just for people I know online, so I don't get no one on my personal shit.

everyone I have on there already knows about RB though.

I doubt there is anyone that does this, that doesn't know about RB
    No bro - speak for YOURSELF. I'm pretty sure people don't dedicate social medias just for "Online friends" faggot.

Don't have time for that shit nor do I care to ever add someone I do not know on a social media platform. That is some weirdo shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by #PrimeTime View Post
    I offered to buy this site in 2012.

Edit: I offered 3 times in '12.

Last edited by #PrimeTime; Yesterday at 11:44 PM Reason: Forgot stuff.
    The edit reason leaned me, can't front.

niGGa don't fucking explain yourself EVER again lol.

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
    Brokeback wasnt trolling.. that was genuine anger. upset he put his heart & soul into promoting leagues for the site which generated no activity
    *shrugs*
    i dunno...
    turned into trolling...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    No bro - speak for YOURSELF. I'm pretty sure people don't dedicate social medias just for "Online friends" faggot.

Don't have time for that shit nor do I care to ever add someone I do not know on a social media platform. That is some weirdo shit.
    i have plenty of people on social media that i only know from the internet...
    but i AM a weirdo, so... maybe you're onto something...

Stranger

- - - Updated - - -

well then you don't really care about bringing this shit back if you aren't willing to go the extra mile.

you just want someone else to do it.

I'm not putting all that work into this site, and I can't just make a new platform, it has to bee agreed upon by all parties, and it has to be worth my while to, I was just asked to do one thing, I'm not remodeling the site to a new format, I have other work to do that I get paid for, and other work that id prefer to do over this haha.

if I do any of that, I will just create my own shit, or someones giving me the keys to this bitch tbh.

you don't ask the janitor of your store, to remodel the shit to, rofl.

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

- - - Updated - - -

lol. got it.

Originally Posted by Celph Taut
    sick, bro. Holy shit. Absolutely captivating lyrics. never seen something so explosive, dynamic, and quintessentially mesmerizing! Keep it up!

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    well then you don't really care about bringing this shit back if you aren't willing to go the extra mile.

you just want someone else to do it.

I'm not putting all that work into this site, and I can't just make a new platform, it has to bee agreed upon by all parties, and it has to be worth my while to, I was just asked to do one thing, I'm not remodeling the site to a new format, I have other work to do that I get paid for, and other work that id prefer to do over this haha.

if I do any of that, I will just create my own shit, or someones giving me the keys to this bitch tbh.

you don't ask the janitor of your store, to remodel the shit to, rofl.
    Your analogies are so off, it's retarded.

Hows a Janitor equivalent to an admin?

Fucking idiot.