RIP shoutbox 2018-2018 - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Obnoxious Amen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Astoria, NY
    Posts
    21,560
    Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

    Re: RIP shoutbox 2018-2018

    Just shut the fuck up and accept your L.

    I know plenty of people that can freestyle off the dome.

    And have proved it by rapping about random shit thrown out at them to rap about.

    You're just a fucking idiot who can't freestyle or even rap for that matter.

  2. #17
    Administrator Dia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,488
    Streak
    1
    Battle Record
    15-10

    Re: RIP shoutbox 2018-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Just shut the fuck up and accept your L.

    I know plenty of people that can freestyle off the dome.

    And have proved it by rapping about random shit thrown out at them to rap about.

    You're just a fucking idiot who can't freestyle or even rap for that matter.
    if they where off the top they didn't need random shit thrown at them lmao. thats for them dudes that cant think of shit to say. people have rhyme list/vocab/go to rebuttals prepared, rather they admit it or not, and its a stupid thing to even hide.

  3. #18
    Obnoxious Amen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Astoria, NY
    Posts
    21,560
    Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

    Re: RIP shoutbox 2018-2018

    Not reading that. Just shut the fuck up. You are wrong.

  4. #19
    Administrator Dia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,488
    Streak
    1
    Battle Record
    15-10

    Re: RIP shoutbox 2018-2018

    take that base out of your voice son.

  5. #20
    Obnoxious Amen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Astoria, NY
    Posts
    21,560
    Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

    Re: RIP shoutbox 2018-2018

    I read that one tho, LMAO.

    Good one, @Dia - you made a funny right quick.

  6. #21
    and fuck you too Meks.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    South Jersey / KL, Malaysia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,114
    Battle Record
    115-57
    Awards VBL Champion 100+ Wins

    Re: RIP shoutbox 2018-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    if they where off the top they didn't need random shit thrown at them lmao. thats for them dudes that cant think of shit to say. people have rhyme list/vocab/go to rebuttals prepared, rather they admit it or not, and its a stupid thing to even hide.
    i disagree. maybe a ton of ppl do, but there are ppl who just rap, and dont revert to recycling past shit or have a rhyming list ... lmfao wtf is that even? You just rap as it comes to you and the shit comes from the vibe of whoever you're cyphering with or w.ever the beat makes you feel... I dont think everybody has shit prepared lol, fuck would the point be of freestyling then? - Its not that it makes someone better than another either - it's just fun to see how fire you can get just rippin off the top.

  7. #22
    Administrator Dia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,488
    Streak
    1
    Battle Record
    15-10

    Re: RIP shoutbox 2018-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Meks. View Post
    i disagree. maybe a ton of ppl do, but there are ppl who just rap, and dont revert to recycling past shit or have a rhyming list ... lmfao wtf is that even? You just rap as it comes to you and the shit comes from the vibe of whoever you're cyphering with or w.ever the beat makes you feel... I dont think everybody has shit prepared lol, fuck would the point be of freestyling then? - Its not that it makes someone better than another either - it's just fun to see how fire you can get just rippin off the top.
    having a rhyme list is the same as having random shit throwing at you in a cypher, in fact it takes more skill, because you would have to think ahead and think of an appropriate rhyme and rebuttal to use in a certain situation, I guarantee all battle rappers have a rhyme list or prepared go to's they can use in a battle when they forget there shit.

  8. #23
    Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,087
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

    Re: RIP shoutbox 2018-2018

    90% of shit on youtube labeled a "freestyle" is obviously written. I think now the term freestyle just means to spit bars over a random beat rather then actually being off the top.

    theres definitely people that can actually freestyle though. and theyre actually good at it..

    then you have dudes who are actually freestyling.. but theyre just rhyming words with no actual clever rhymes or rhythm & its painfully obvious its off the top.

  9. #24
    Administrator Dia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,488
    Streak
    1
    Battle Record
    15-10

    Re: RIP shoutbox 2018-2018

    to me freestyling is when you say random shit over a beat for ideas, everyone that said they freestyled there shit off the top sounded more prepared than the others lol.

  10. #25
    Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,087
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

    Re: RIP shoutbox 2018-2018

    heres the first thing that comes to my mind.. heres nas tim westwood 'freestyle'

    the beginning is obviously written shit but you can tell at 1:30, he starts freestyling off the top.. just by the way his flow slows down amd he starts hesitating. and the bars got a little more elementary

    Last edited by Mike G.; May 14th, 2018 at 05:47 PM

  11. #26
    Administrator Dia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,488
    Streak
    1
    Battle Record
    15-10

    Re: RIP shoutbox 2018-2018

    yea that's one of those instances you can tell its a freestyle, but the other stuff if he called that "off the top" id call bull shit, but it was still freestyled, just not off the top. memorizing your shit takes skill to.

 

 

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •