User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Does being an audio rapper equate to being an MC? No, it doesn't. If you strictly record audios but have never progressed beyond that..

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Does being an audio rapper equate to being an MC? No, it doesn't. If you strictly record audios but have never progressed beyond that..

...then being an audio rapper doesn't make you an MC.

I started freestyling around 13, at that time I was only comfortable doing it around friends. Then I progressed into writing lyrics. Back then doing text online was simply posting your lyrics for tracks (based on that it can be said the most accomplished textcee to ever do it was Apathy, because he transitioned into becoming one of the dopest and recognizable MC's in underground hip-hop). As years went by I became more comfortable with performing in front of a crowd, and when I did so I would freestyle, so I had to know how to cater to the audience because seeing how it was my shtick I had to appeal to the setting.

I went from just fucking around with my friends, to doing house parties, talent shows, open mics, to county and state fairs, to music festivals, and then topped out at being paid to perform in clubs and host open mics there. I made audios here and there, did some audio battles, released a ton of freestyles online, but the guy I emulated most was a cat named Supernatural, who in my mind was the greatest freestyler of my generation.

I've had 23 years worth of experience freestyling, so it comes rather naturally to me now, even though I went on to do promoting for a number of years before growing up and handling adult responsibilities. I have alot of great memories from freestyling, I've freestyled with both Chino XL and C Rayz Walz, Chino would later become a Yahoo Messenger friend and we would go to freestyle chat rooms and fuck with the people there. I've had some really dope freestyle battles in front of crowds, not the acapella shit but to actual beats, I used to get laid practically everytime I did it, when I was 17 I was offered a Sony recording contract which had I taken it (parents didn't give consent) I would of had the opportunity to make an album and have a track on the "0" (Othello) movie soundtrack.

What I used to love about that former life was that I never met anybody who shied away from an opportunity to prove themselves. If there was a cypher to jump in, you volunteered for it. If you wanted to battle, you weren't hit with a shitload of excuses, you just did it. If you didn't then you were obviously shook for whatever reason and didn't have any confidence in yourself.

If I were to record audios now, if I had any hint of passion for it, I wouldn't be an MC. It would be a hobby. Being an MC is a lifestyle. There is so much more that goes into being an MC then sitting at your computer using hacked software to record a track. That isn't a slight to audio rappers, but if you're limited to just doing that then I wouldn't call you an MC, and I would be right to do so, because you haven't lived the lifestyle of traveling to different states to do shows, or getting paid for a performance. It's easy to be an audio rapper, it's much harder to be an MC.

Battle Record
    0-2

Re: Does being an audio rapper equate to being an MC? No, it doesn't. If you strictly record audios but have never progressed beyond that..

MC is a term used falsely in the first place...

the abbreviation stands for Master of Ceremonies....some people say Microphone Choreographer.... but Master of Ceremonies it was it originally meant...which is basically the host of any on stage event or show... the announcer/host at a circus?? MC... at a school talent show? MC... at fucking bingo, the person calling the balls...they are the MC....

being a rapper just makes you a rapper...
    MC was adopted into it all at some point and a new meaning created for it...

to me the difference is performing in front of a crowd vs. just recording raps...if you dont perform in front of crowds, you are not an MC...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Re: Does being an audio rapper equate to being an MC? No, it doesn't. If you strictly record audios but have never progressed beyond that..

Who uses cracked software anymore?

Battle Record
    0-100

Anyone who can't afford the actual software.
    Name Br&nd

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

my shit will be forever hacked

but i have no aspirations or dreams of becoming a rapper. i just do this shit out of pure boredom. and because its easy to do

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Gay.

yes. it does.

Stranger

today you don't need to do all that shit to get noticed, and even if you did all that shit it doesn't guarantee you will get noticed, people do less every day and blow up in this shit, people don't live in the 90s lol. and you never performed in front of a crowd stop lying.. or show proof. if you think freestyling makes you someone, then you are a fucking idiot... the best rappers in the game do not freestyle, and the ones that did aint shit, coughs.. krs one.. coughs.

Battle Record
    0-100

Here's the worthless faggot with all the answers.
    Name Br&nd

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    MC is a term used falsely in the first place...

the abbreviation stands for Master of Ceremonies....some people say Microphone Choreographer.... but Master of Ceremonies it was it originally meant...which is basically the host of any on stage event or show... the announcer/host at a circus?? MC... at a school talent show? MC... at fucking bingo, the person calling the balls...they are the MC....

being a rapper just makes you a rapper...
    MC was adopted into it all at some point and a new meaning created for it...

to me the difference is performing in front of a crowd vs. just recording raps...if you dont perform in front of crowds, you are not an MC...
    Exactly. The term Master Of Ceremonies is used to describe somebody that performs live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    today you don't need to do all that shit to get noticed, and even if you did all that shit it doesn't guarantee you will get noticed, people do less every day and blow up in this shit, people don't live in the 90s lol. and you never performed in front of a crowd stop lying.. or show proof. if you think freestyling makes you someone, then you are a fucking idiot... the best rappers in the game do not freestyle, and the ones that did aint shit, coughs.. krs one.. coughs.
    I have nothing to prove to you. Even if I felt compelled to list off the events I've attended and clubs I've performed at, I still wouldn't do it because you're nowhere my level in success. I could easily beat you in a freestyle battle or regular audio battle, but you've already demonstrated your unwillingness to back up any of that shit you talk. You are a worthless faggot. You're life will never measure up to mine, the most you've contributed to the hip-hop culture is being a nobody admin on a dead forum.

Don't even entertain the thought of being somebody worthy of respect or admiration. You are a shook little bitch who would never be able to do the shit I've accomplished because you're spineless and have no integrity.

I could easily beat you in a freestyle battle or regular audio battle, but you've already demonstrated your unwillingness to back up any of that shit you talk.

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...1-broke-lesnar

Battle Record
    32-6

When did he agree? When I LEFT? LMFAO. That figures. Let's do it. And fuck that no vote bullshit.

Also, you're an idiot if you think the lifestyle of an actual MC is a past product that died with the 90's. Making audios won't lead to you blowing up. There is a process. You can't just skip everything and get ahead. This is why everything you say is worthless. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Battle Record
    0-100

He has NO IDIA what the fuck he's talking about.

Worthless faggot should be his user name.
    Name Br&nd

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by B Dot LESNAR View Post
    Exactly. The term Master Of Ceremonies is used to describe somebody that performs live.

- - - Updated - - -

I have nothing to prove to you. Even if I felt compelled to list off the events I've attended and clubs I've performed at, I still wouldn't do it because you're nowhere my level in success. I could easily beat you in a freestyle battle or regular audio battle, but you've already demonstrated your unwillingness to back up any of that shit you talk. You are a worthless faggot. You're life will never measure up to mine, the most you've contributed to the hip-hop culture is being a nobody admin on a dead forum.

Don't even entertain the thought of being somebody worthy of respect or admiration. You are a shook little bitch who would never be able to do the shit I've accomplished because you're spineless and have no integrity.
    I mean if your so successful you should have shit posted up somewhere, do we agree? you never rapped out of your bedroom,quit fucking lying, it doesn't even make you look cool. if you're bragging about doing shows ect, you best damn well back it up with proof, or don't even make that claim, you're braggadocios personality and ego if you done that shit, you woulda posted it already.. smh.

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by B Dot LESNAR View Post
    When did he agree? When I LEFT? LMFAO. That figures. Let's do it. And fuck that no vote bullshit.

Also, you're an idiot if you think the lifestyle of an actual MC is a past product that died with the 90's. Making audios won't lead to you blowing up. There is a process. You can't just skip everything and get ahead. This is why everything you say is worthless. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    you're delusional if you think you need to be anywhere close to an MC or even have an ounce of skill to blow up.. talent and work ethic does not equate to success anymore in this shit.