User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Does being an audio rapper equate to being an MC? No, it doesn't. If you strictly record audios but have never progressed beyond that..

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Re: Does being an audio rapper equate to being an MC? No, it doesn't. If you strictly record audios but have never progressed beyond that..

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    MC is a term used falsely in the first place...

the abbreviation stands for Master of Ceremonies....some people say Microphone Choreographer.... but Master of Ceremonies it was it originally meant...which is basically the host of any on stage event or show... the announcer/host at a circus?? MC... at a school talent show? MC... at fucking bingo, the person calling the balls...they are the MC....

being a rapper just makes you a rapper...
    MC was adopted into it all at some point and a new meaning created for it...

to me the difference is performing in front of a crowd vs. just recording raps...if you dont perform in front of crowds, you are not an MC...
    Add in Move the Crowd as an adapted meaning of sorts I guess and I agree with what he said. You need to perform to be considered an MC in my book. Almost anybody can rap.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    0-100

Re: Does being an audio rapper equate to being an MC? No, it doesn't. If you strictly record audios but have never progressed beyond that..

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlidge View Post
    Almost anybody can rap.
    It's been confirmed, DIA can not and is a worthless faggot coder nerd.
    Name Br&nd

Stranger

well broke thinks being a rapper requires you to drop freestyles on hot beats, fuck that lmao.

Battle Record
    0-100

Is that was you got out of his long winded paragraphs?
    Name Br&nd

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Nothing’s changed here I see

Battle Record
    0-100

Quote Originally Posted by Kill Spree View Post
    Nothing’s changed here I see
    Nope, the normal Dia just being a worthless faggot.
    Name Br&nd

Quote Originally Posted by B Dot LESNAR View Post

If I were to record audios now, if I had any hint of passion for it, I wouldn't be an MC. It would be a hobby. Being an MC is a lifestyle. There is so much more that goes into being an MC then sitting at your computer using hacked software to record a track. That isn't a slight to audio rappers, but if you're limited to just doing that then I wouldn't call you an MC, and I would be right to do so, because you haven't lived the lifestyle of traveling to different states to do shows, or getting paid for a performance. It's easy to be an audio rapper, it's much harder to be an MC.
    I agree with you to a degree... I do think there is much more to it than just being an audio rapper... but where our opinions differ is.. once you have done shows, gone on tours (and gotten paid)... networked with other artists in person... gotten your music on radio/tv etc... been contracted to write or perform music for others and gotten paid for your services ... if you decide one day to slow down but still want to make music as a hobby and not a profession... such as in your case.. that doesn't negate you having been an MC ... and suddenly make you not an MC... that is like saying some of the greats who stopped performing are not MC's ..

Just my opinion.. once you advance past just making music in your bedroom and meet the criteria of an MC ... that doesn't just get taken away from you... retired chefs are still referred to as chef.. painters or artists are still referred to as such etc..

Again.. that is just my opinion.. doesn't mean I am correct.

Reflections is out now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Logic View Post
    I agree with you to a degree... I do think there is much more to it than just being an audio rapper... but where our opinions differ is.. once you have done shows, gone on tours (and gotten paid)... networked with other artists in person... gotten your music on radio/tv etc... been contracted to write or perform music for others and gotten paid for your services ... if you decide one day to slow down but still want to make music as a hobby and not a profession... such as in your case.. that doesn't negate you having been an MC ... and suddenly make you not an MC... that is like saying some of the greats who stopped performing are not MC's ..

Just my opinion.. once you advance past just making music in your bedroom and meet the criteria of an MC ... that doesn't just get taken away from you... retired chefs are still referred to as chef.. painters or artists are still referred to as such etc..

Again.. that is just my opinion.. doesn't mean I am correct.
    this, what he's mentioning isn't even required to make it anymore, you got artist going above and beyond and still struggle to get their shit heard, all you need these days is a fan base, of loyal fans that will buy your shit.

So this might be rambling but this was an interesting topic

to me, hip-hop is a way of life/culture.. not rapping. Rapping/MC'ing is one of the elements of that culture, and I feel like there's a difference between a rap forum rapper (audio head) who just sits at a desk, grabs a beat, slaps some vocals over it and uploads it to SoundCloud or wherever - and an MC/rapper is the one who takes the time, and respects the craft enough, to not only hone his skills on the mic but to put the time/energy/money into making sure that his stuff sounds as good as it can - which I feel is the difference between sitting in your bedroom with a hacked copy of FL Studio, and turning your spare bedroom into a functional recording studio (sound treating the room, building a vocal booth, paying for your software) and taking the time to actually learn how to use the equipment, mix (or pay someone else to). Now weather or not performing live makes you an MC and not performing live makes you "just a rapper" - I can see where some people might think that, but for the most part that's largely bullshit and just a way to make other people who don't/havent performed live feel like they don't really care about the craft.

I last performed live in 2011 while in college, and now at 31 I have no aspirations of "making it big" or any of that bullshit, but I did turn our spare bedroom into a fully functional recording studio because I love to rap. It feels like a super power that I have and that others, who don't rap don't have. I love the process of making/picking beats, recording the vocals, mixing the tracks, mastering, all of it. And I think that's the difference between an MC/non MC. The love and the passion to study the craft and elevate your skills as much as possible.

The one's that sit on the sidelines, and shout out "I use to.." "I did XYZ 20 years ago!" but aren't any more because... whatever reason, or the dudes who come on here and drop their little text pieces but then try to talk down to those who have enough balls to actually put their selves out there and actually RAP.. shut the fuck up and go read another excellently crafted text piece while you reminisce about yesteryear ¯\_(ツ)_/¯