User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Danny Garcia vs. Shawn porter

Battle Record
    22-3

Danny Garcia vs. Shawn porter

@Amen who you got?

I think Shawn porter is made for Danny Garcia's style of fighitng. Garcia struggles with (only one loss to be fair!) Slick Boxers. Shawn porter is not a slick boxer he is a wrestler lmao. Mr. Charge in with his head like a bull aka The headbutter. Garcia historically does his best work against swarmers like Porter. This will be interesting altho i will say shawn porter has the better jab when he uses it. It gave thurman fits for days in their match. But garcia has the timing and Power to be the first one to Ko porter

This is honestly a 60/40 for GArcia to me. But i do see porter having the ability to win. Garcia weakness is The thurmans, Glass Jaw Amir Khans (he was losing until the knockout!! check scorecards yall), mauricio herrera.

Porter is just a dog tho he doesn't get discouraged when losing he cranks it up & goes harder.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Re: Danny Garcia vs. Shawn porter

Yea man, Danny does great against aggressive fights. His defense and counter striking is on point as well. Something Porter will have to ensure he avoids either play back or counter each counter effectively and not get caught sleeping by being overly aggressive on the offense side and applying to much pressure. Especially against someone like Garcia - I think he's at his best like you said when being pressured. His technical ability is dope.

I got it closer then that. I think this one will be a damn close fight at 55/45 Garcia.

Battle Record
    22-3

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Yea man, Danny does great against aggressive fights. His defense and counter striking is on point as well. Something Porter will have to ensure he avoids either play back or counter each counter effectively and not get caught sleeping by being overly aggressive on the offense side and applying to much pressure. Especially against someone like Garcia - I think he's at his best like you said when being pressured. His technical ability is dope.

I got it closer then that. I think this one will be a damn close fight at 55/45 Garcia.
    Yeha like i said i see porter giving him fits like he did thurman IF HE USES THAT JAB. but lets be real its porter once he starts to struggle he starts to Bulldoze instead of utilize boxing. So yeah 60/40 for me just because of his habit of throwing boxing out the window and just football rushing you to get inside with his head over jabbing his way in like he was doing with Thurman in middle rounds.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

I don't think he'll let emotions ruin this fight for him. I'm a huge fan of Porter and have watched him on his social media page train for this fight. Dude has trained harder then ever, man.

Battle Record
    22-3

It's why I like porter he a dog always live and will put work you. But by trying to outwork you he tends to smother his own work wear judges dont see it. Thurman was spot on with that comment. I wish cus d'mato got a hold of porter. He of made him something to behold. A Baby Tyson with that peak-a-boo style of infighting.

Battle Record
    51-15

Told you it was much closer, dude. That fight could have gone either way - Good shit on Porter, tho. He earned that title. Hell of a fight.

Battle Record
    22-3

Told you it was much closer, dude. That fight could have gone either way - Good shit on Porter, tho. He earned that title. Hell of a fight.
    Yep, We agreed it could do either way. U can quote me as i said if porter boxes his way/jabs his way in; he will give danny problems like he did thurman & win. Porter mainly boxed for the majority though, he ripped combos. He studied Danny's weaknesses really well. I commend that, Porter was alot more technical this time around. Still not a classical boxer by anymeans but he did step up his boxing this time. Yeah danny just froze he couldn't handle that swarmer/pressure. I dont like porter b/c of those headbutts. He basically is doing it purposely at some points in the fight. IMO, danny was clinching too much should've lost a point and Porter was headbutting too much and should've lost a point. I hate ppl who clinch on the inside, it shows weakness. All the greats have awesome inside game.

I loved the fight though, did you see CHARLES MARTIN VS KOWNACKI? now that was the BEST fight on the card. Haha, trading bombs for 12 rounds. I honestly wanna see a rematch b/n those two. That fight had me hype haha, i even spilled some beer on my date. She was a champ about it. I won some money too on the Ugas fight.

Thoughts on Yordenis Ugas? He looked like a monster in there, he dominated. Those Body shots man were so fast! It was like he was doing mitt drills how smooth and quickly he reacted to each opening that was presented. I wanna See ugas vs Porter or Ugas vs Spence. I knew he'd be better at high weight he stunk it up at 140 he is too husky for those lower weight classes. He's a natural Middle weight IMO 140 was way too low he is 5'10 and built. As soon as he stepped up in weight he looks impressive.
    Last edited by Clout; September 10th, 2018 at 12:35 PM
    3TC

you look depressed as fuck in video mags, your fate is unfurled
    I knew cameras add 10 lbs, didn't know it could add the weight of the world

Aero the Black Pegasus

Battle Record
    51-15

Quote Originally Posted by Clout View Post
    Yep, We agreed it could do either way. U can quote me as i said if porter boxes his way/jabs his way in; he will give danny problems like he did thurman & win. Porter mainly boxed for the majority though, he ripped combos. He studied Danny's weaknesses really well. I commend that, Porter was alot more technical this time around. Still not a classical boxer by anymeans but he did step up his boxing this time. Yeah danny just froze he couldn't handle that swarmer/pressure. I dont like porter b/c of those headbutts. He basically is doing it purposely at some points in the fight. IMO, danny was clinching too much should've lost a point and Porter was headbutting too much and should've lost a point. I hate ppl who clinch on the inside, it shows weakness. All the greats have awesome inside game.

I loved the fight though, did you see CHARLES MARTIN VS KOWNACKI? now that was the BEST fight on the card. Haha, trading bombs for 12 rounds. I honestly wanna see a rematch b/n those two. That fight had me hype haha, i even spilled some beer on my date. She was a champ about it. I won some money too on the Ugas fight.

Thoughts on Yordenis Ugas? He looked like a monster in there, he dominated. Those Body shots man were so fast! It was like he was doing mitt drills how smooth and quickly he reacted to each opening that was presented. I wanna See ugas vs Porter or Ugas vs Spence. I knew he'd be better at high weight he stunk it up at 140 he is too husky for those lower weight classes. He's a natural Middle weight IMO 140 was way too low he is 5'10 and built. As soon as he stepped up in weight he looks impressive.
    Nah didn't see any other fight but the end of Ugas fight. Tuned in at about round 10, I think. And watched entire Garcia/Porter fight. Wasn't really interested in anyone else on the card.

Battle Record
    22-3

Nah didn't see any other fight but the end of Ugas fight. Tuned in at about round 10, I think. And watched entire Garcia/Porter fight. Wasn't really interested in anyone else on the card.
    Watch the charles martin fight man it was awesome, bombs back n forth lol
    3TC

Aero the Black Pegasus

Battle Record
    151-13
    Awards 150+ Wins Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL HOF LLL Champion FL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

i got mcgregor

Battle Record
    22-3

Quote Originally Posted by Barcotic View Post
    i got mcgregor
    Lmao
    3TC

Aero the Black Pegasus

Battle Record
    51-15

Mayweather vs Paman 2 this year confirmed.

Thoughts?

I will only watch because I’ve watched EVERY May fight ever.