User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: No one is better at rhyming than Eminem, A-F-R-O, Kool G Rap, Anilyst and Percee P

The 0bserver
    Battle Record
    3-4

No one is better at rhyming than Eminem, A-F-R-O, Kool G Rap, Anilyst and Percee P

When it comes to rhymes specifically (not flow, wordplay etc) these rappers are currently the best there has ever been.

Battle Record
    0-2

Re: No one is better at rhyming than Eminem, A-F-R-O, Kool G Rap, Anilyst and Percee P

i havent looked into AFRO or Anilyst...

but ive ALWAYS said that Kool G is one of the best to ever do it, and still is...
    Percee P, i had never heard of him until i heard a freestyle joint on a Madlibs compilation album...some promotional disc i was mailed from Stones Throw records years ago... was really glad it caught my ear because he became one of my favorites as well..Percee P is dope as fuck...
    Eminem, thats a no brainer...even though as ive always said, i dilike most of his music...shit is corny as fuck and i just cant relate to it...but his technical skills are second to none...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Re: No one is better at rhyming than Eminem, A-F-R-O, Kool G Rap, Anilyst and Percee P

Eminem, yes.

Afro? Hell nah.

I haven't listened to any recent stuff, but if we're going off of code #829 , then hes definitely in no list of mine. Also wasn't impressed with his material on that Gift to Gab jawn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

I love A-F-R-O though I wish he'd change his name. Seems kinda corny but dude is dope af. Been waiting for his album to drop. Only problem I see with him is that R.A. the Rugged Man signed him, who's been blackballed on every corner of the planet since the early 90's. Been a fan since his "Definition of a Rap Flow" contest entry started making waves.

A dude named Big Pun is OK at rhyming. If he didn't eat himself to death, he'd be considered the best rhymer, rapper, poet, spitter, w/e the fuck of all time. All times.

The 0bserver
    Battle Record
    3-4

Quote Originally Posted by kid sick, View Post
    A dude named Big Pun is OK at rhyming. If he didn't eat himself to death, he'd be considered the best rhymer, rapper, poet, spitter, w/e the fuck of all time. All times.
    Big Pun is good at rhyming but he's not at that top tier insane level. Big Pun specialized in FLOW above all else.

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Fact Machine View Post
    Big Pun is good at rhyming but he's not at that top tier insane level. Big Pun specialized in FLOW above all else.
    serious question though...

how many who were THAT NICE with it were able to gian such mainstream success like Pun did?

i think he wouldve been held in higher regards than Tupac or Biggie had he not died...

The 0bserver
    Battle Record
    3-4

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    serious question though...

how many who were THAT NICE with it were able to gian such mainstream success like Pun did?

i think he wouldve been held in higher regards than Tupac or Biggie had he not died...
    A big reason Tupac and Biggie are so widely known is because they died. Big Pun was actually technically better than both of them which may actually be the reason he wasn't as remembered as them. I know it may sound strange but think about it, almost nothing that's really good becomes popular and Eminem is the only goat level rapper to become truly mainstream in history. The rest of the goats are all underground and only people immersed deeply enough in rap/hip hop culture know who they are. Biggie and Pac were good, but they were not goats by any means. Big Pun was however very close to a goat status which is what stopped him from becoming as big as pac and biggie. If all of them were still alive, they would have advanced and become better than they ever were, if that was the case who knows how it would have went. Maybe Pac and Pun would have sold out and started making pop rap and Biggie would have become a super lyrical master mind and beat Eminem in a rap battle.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Yep ^.

That has everything to do with the fact that the 'mainstream' wants all of the shit they digest to be simple and formulaic - thus 'Still Not A Player" being somewhat of a break through track for Pun.

Cassidy attempted the same approach with Hotel.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

The 0bserver
    Battle Record
    3-4

What I find funny is that even with Eminem all his popular songs are his least lyrical ones. The ones you would hear on the radio are "love the way you lie" and "mockingbird". This is the reason I get so pissed off when people use popularity or mass appeal as an argument for why something is better.