User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 40

Thread: It's been 15 years...

...practice makes poetry
    Battle Record
    4-1

It's been 15 years...

I first joined this site 15 years ago and I'm thankful to whomever that currently owns this site for keeping this site alive.
    Lot of memories of staying up at night trying to perfect an open mic and a topical...
    Curious to know what all the old RB's are up to these days?
    Hence Forward

Battle Record
    115-57
    Awards VBL Champion 100+ Wins

Re: It's been 15 years...

15 years indeed...

Battle Record
    0-2

dont be TOO thankful to them...

because although they kept the site up...

their refusal to work with admins to bring it up to todays standards have killed the place at the same time...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yup.

I remember running home from school to get in three or four battles a day. This site was super dope back in the day when you could get a battle closed in 10 minutes. Now I'm doing adult shit, paying bills and what not. Time flies.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0
    Awards Haiku Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion - Award Request Accepted Haiku Season Champion PC HOF FL Tournament Winner 25+ Wins

This place used to be ridiculous. The names from time gone by, sometimes wonder what they're doing now.

It's been 14 for me, 12 on this account. Couldn't even remember the email/password for the original.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.
    18-0 Crew Record, 06-07 Best Crew.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    dont be TOO thankful to them...

because although they kept the site up...

their refusal to work with admins to bring it up to todays standards have killed the place at the same time...
    What? refusal to work with admin? YOu mean admin's refusal to do anything other then ghost the site and make shitty cover pages?

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    What? refusal to work with admin? YOu mean admin's refusal to do anything other then ghost the site and make shitty cover pages?
    are you telling me that Strobe ever put in any effort to do anything but keep the bill paid?
    maybe admins was the wrong word... it wasnt just admins... regular members also.. way back before even the RIA split and all that people had been trying to work with him to bring the place up to par... before the admins youre referring to even came into play...

instead its stuck here as a relic of the past going nowhere... and he refuses any major changes to the platform...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

A waste, because when RIA was up they did everything to bring us back here, and then soon after RIA vanished they sat on their hands and did nothing again.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    151-13
    Awards 150+ Wins Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL HOF LLL Champion FL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

You've Earned a Custom Title! hello there's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-9

@Amen what do you think it costs to get this site up and hosted?

I'd buy it from the admin and just let you guys do whatever you wanted from it, if he just wants to afk / ghost it.

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by High And Drunk View Post
    @Amen what do you think it costs to get this site up and hosted?

I'd buy it from the admin and just let you guys do whatever you wanted from it, if he just wants to afk / ghost it.
    thats been attempted many times... he wont sell... cost of hosting probably isnt much at all...

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    thats been attempted many times... he wont sell... cost of hosting probably isnt much at all...
    nah it isn't and your right, even I tried to buy many years ago and I even proposed a new platform idea that would take us into the new age, I offered to give that man $5,000 without a question, fuck it tho.

If I got offered 5g's for this tonight id take it and run.

You've Earned a Custom Title! hello there's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-9

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake Assassin View Post
    nah it isn't and your right, even I tried to buy many years ago and I even proposed a new platform idea that would take us into the new age, I offered to give that man $5,000 without a question, fuck it tho.

If I got offered 5g's for this tonight id take it and run.
    What was his objection?

I've been buying and flipping businesses for a decade.

Pretty sure we could find some common ground.

I'm sure he has goals with this site. There are ways to move him further towards his goals while also keeping this shit serving the people.

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by High And Drunk View Post
    What was his objection?

I've been buying and flipping businesses for a decade.

Pretty sure we could find some common ground.

I'm sure he has goals with this site. There are ways to move him further towards his goals while also keeping this shit serving the people.
    im pretty sure he never gave a clear answer on why not, just flat out refused entirely... im not sure on that thopugh, this is all info through other members...but it was first hand...have known quite a few people through here that tried...

you can attempt it..
    but as far as i understand, first you wait forever to even be able to talk to him..and then he just refuses...

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

The man doesn't want to sell, period.

Many, many, MANY members have made threads and presumably sent him PM's (among other forms of contact) and he just doesn't seem interested.

Maybe he's looking for a ridiculous amount of money, maybe this site is some kind of birth right, who knows. Haven't seen strobe in more than a decade.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut