Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 1-2 Punch Mag

RANK #18
    Battle Record
    92-22
    Awards 75+ Wins

1-2 Punch Mag

Intro

What's good yall, its JD back again w/ another 1-2 Mag for you guys. Last week we had 8 battles go down, with only one decided by a No Show. And it was by Kill Spree nonetheless. Make sure to give him shit for that. But we're down from 2 NS's from the previous week, maybe we can keep the downward trend going and make it 0 no shows in this week. Actually scratch all that, I'm just now seeing Letterman no showed his Contenders Match. But still, let's make it zero no shows this week guys. We're welcoming King back into the League after about a month of not participating here, and we have a couple interesting match ups scheduled. Allen Knight squares off against Bash in a contenders match, while Sobe takes on Grimm & Joe Boston will be going up against H&D. King against Barcotic should be a good match up as well.

Let's jump right into it, here's your instrumental for the Week 12 1-2 Punch Mag. Enjoy the read guys, feel free to hit me with any feedback/suggestions.

Here's Rich the Kid's 'Plug Walk' instrumental

Battle Reviews

Blue Bayou vs Revelation 18:3

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation 18:3 View Post
    Well Sobe it.. this punch will go Over ya head.. I'm Ultraviolet to this blonde chic,
    Till he's dazed & stirred ya leaking Blue.. Dam I exposed his Forensics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kill Spree View Post
    blade to ur liver's got em callin me a War Machine..
    cut you so deep ‘Biles all over the Ground’ like Simone’s Floor Routine
    Blue came with some witty shit this week, haven't seen that wordplay before and he did good with it. Strong, solid punch all around. Revelation came too simple to take this. The voters agree, as Blue won the battle 6 votes to 0.

Blue wins 6-0

Jem vs Joe Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Boston View Post
    They claim this herb is underrated I’ll tell him he sucks because what his pen constricts
    So once I hand Jemele I hope he leaves quicker than her during those espn conflicts
    Quote Originally Posted by JEM. View Post
    You fat fuck w no power moves. Ya girl’s sick of ur board game & is getting at me
    Cuz with SUCH a flabby chess no wonder she calls you a pond that acts like a queen
    Neither battler brought anything crazy here, as Jem had a decent concept that came off way too forced. Joe had a cool concept as well but once again that wording hurt him, limiting the impact of his punch. Nothing really more to write about here, but Joe keeps his winning streak going, and looks to continue it this week against High & Drunk. Jem is a solid battler but needs to work on having a stronger execution. We've been saying that about Jem all season, hopefully he can pull it together soon because the potential is there.

Joe wins 6-1

Barcotic vs MV

Quote Originally Posted by Barcotic View Post
    he aint really w the broads unless hes chilling w a mop
    any 1 to give Empire State they like him can fit the building in her twat
    Quote Originally Posted by MV View Post
    pistol whip barc n leave his head ringing get caught lackn' ya gone
    If we heard you dichotic it's because I kept wackn' ya dome till it was matchn' in tone

This was a cool battle. Empire State was witty, setup was alright, nothing spectacular but the punch as a whole worked. MV came w/ a nameplay I personally haven't seen on Bar and it was cool as well. I think he brought a lil more to the table this week, with a stronger and more direct punch. Ima let Revelation breakdown the rest of this battle, as he had a pretty detailed vote;

Revelation 18:3 - Interesting match.

Barcotic: Your setup was cool. I like the concept of comparing his bitches to a dirty mop. Lol A Thot overall huh. However I have to agree with Greedy on believing that your bar wasn't that accurate nor directed to your opponent hitting. The Empire state wordplay was horribly executed if its intended to be a name flip as well. Plus the rest was written like a 4th graded wrote it. Run on sentence out the ass. I honestly expected more but I know you can do better. Just not this time around.

MV: Good setup with the gunplay. I just hoped you adapted more after his "head ringing" concept. As well with your actual punch that could have been much harder than used. The dichotic name was very fresh and funny tbh. I just didn't like how you Incorporated with something simple as "matching in tone? " Not sure how the imagery would look for that description honestly lol.. Still it was a punch that held its own for what its worth.

Overall: I think both competitors were weak in some areas that didn't afloat well in the end. Yet I would advise proofreading some of y'all lines before sending your material. Barc had a great concept just didn't excuse well enough in my perspective. Whereas MV came simplistic and still managed to construct a moderate punch. Good battle though towards the both of you!

Vote: MV

MV wins 4-1

Bash vs Sobe

Quote Originally Posted by Sobe View Post
    Sobe shy or scared? Never. With one exception to the answer..
    Feeling bashful of wackness like it's a spreading cancer
    Quote Originally Posted by BashEmUP View Post
    Ur moms snatch gets trashed. If the ball is in my court im gonna score...
    'Booker Sun' a room next door. Now he can hear every shot I give her off the board.
    I was looking forward to this battle once I first saw it. Bash is my dawg and one of my favorite battlers to read here, and Sobe was coming off a win against Blue Bayou. Both were definitely hungry for the win here, and the battle itself didn't disappoint. Bash came with a solid wordplay and it was cool and creative. Sobe tried a Bash nameplay but it turned out to fall kinda flat with the voters. IMO he could have done better with it, maybe by putting a bit more thought into it than he did. Because the setup and concept were good, once the punch landed tho it didn't really sting as much as Bash's did.

Bash wins 9-0

Jit vs Allen Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    Cops don't give a fuck about spots this lame enters - fraud's a flame sender?
    Don't front... The only 'Red & Blues on ya ass' are the cocks of gang members
    im hittin the weights daily, pussy u w/ that cardio side of life
    if this faggot tired to lift, his Repsol look terrible cuz all he does is ride a exercise bike
    This was an ok battle, I personally wasn't digging the 'u do cardio' diss but it turned out to be a better punch than what I was going for. Here's what some of our voters had to say about this battle;

Blue Bayou - so Jit's wording is WAY better then Allen's here (Allen ur syllables are all fucked up bro), but AK's concept is WAY better and fresher

ya I've gotta go with Allen here... repsol was cool & jit's dope wording with a blue/red blood crip punch isn't enough to win imo

Vote - Allen Knight

Greedy - Vote Allen Knight.

Jit i had you wining this. Until the veeeeery end. The gay angle ruined ur bar imo. I feel u shoulda use a different way to execute that concept. It just comes off as "cheesy/corny".
    Ak had the good cencept. I fk w that wp, but the execution coulda been harsher imo.

Still vote ak

Good battle Allen, and good luck in this weeks contenders match.

Allen Knight wins 6-2

Week 11 Championship: Greedy vs Grimm

LLL = dope, and quality. Til niggas like Grimm came and everything stops
    See yall let these we're dozin'... and now we all fall asleep the second he drops
    Bitch quit cryin' bumpin ya gums, 'fore shells rearrange ya teeth and a few come askew
    A couple bucks.. & ya front row missing, now u REALLY seein' shit from a "Rules" point of view
    Both brought some quality here, I liked the wordplay from Greedy and he came thru with a solid punch. Grimm had another one that I had to read a couple times to fully understand. Idk what it is about your bars man them shits be going over my head more than anyone elses lol. But nice champ match here, if Grimm coulda came with a stronger punch this one would have been a lot closer imo, but Greedy took the W and remains our 1-2 Punch champion.

Greedy wins 4-2

No Show Shine

H&D (vs Bomb Bard)

You only 'Bomb' cuz you clearly miss. "Kill Spree" like Dia with a pair of kids..
    So I could Count Her Strikes and still not be scared of this terrorist..!!
    This wasn't bad, but I think if Spree showed up he coulda taken it. Not that it sucked but it came off a lil soft. First part of setup was cool, didn't get the whole Dia part, and the count her strikes punch didn't really do much for me. But grats on taking the W.

Smog (vs Letterman)

U in the same category as the frailest vets, it not hard to give L's ta Lett
    AINT NO difference between LM n Knowp.. both get off'd quicker than that part of the alphabet

This was tight, cool nameplay with a relevant tie in to the league. Not much bad to say about it. I prolly woulda no showed if this were against me too, lol. Not a huge fan of letter punches like that but this one was solid. Good looks and good luck in the Champ Match this week man, should be a dope matchup between you and Greedy.

Top Punches from Week 11
    in no order

Blue Bayou (vs Revelation)

blade to ur liver's got em callin me a War Machine..
    cut you so deep ‘Biles all over the Ground’ like Simone’s Floor Routine

MV (vs Barcotic)

pistol whip barc n leave his head ringing get caught lackn' ya gone
    If we heard you dichotic it's because I kept wackn' ya dome till it was matchn' in tone

Smog (vs Letterman)

U in the same category as the frailest vets, it not hard to give L's ta Lett
    AINT NO difference between LM n Knowp.. both get off'd quicker than that part of the alphabet

Bash (vs Sobe)

Ur moms snatch gets trashed. If the ball is in my court im gonna score...
    'Booker Sun' a room next door. Now he can hear every shot I give her off the board.

Barcotic (vs MV)

he aint really w the broads unless hes chilling w a mop
    any 1 to give Empire State they like him can fit the building in her twat

Power Rankings

1. Greedy
    Last week: 1

2. Smog
    Last week: 2

3. Allen Knight
    Last week: 5

4. Bash
    Last week: Not ranked

5. MV
    Last week: Not ranked

Outro

Previews coming tomorrow*

Preciate yall for letting me do this and for reading this. Previews will be coming tomorrow, but for now I hope you enjoy the mag. If there's anything you all want to see or contribute to, just let me know. I've been saying that for a couple weeks now but haven't really had any suggestions. Good luck to everyone this week - please show up and vote yall. Peace

Battle Record
    122-29
    Awards Masquerade Champion - Award Request Accepted GBL Champion FL Tournament Winner FL Tag Champion LLL HOF Cypher Winner LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 100+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion

Re: 1-2 Punch Mag

Good shit, jitty jitty bang bang
    Kill a bitch and kill her kid
    all depends what her nigga did
    -herbo

Battle Record
    12-3
    Awards Cypher Winner Golden Glove Champion GBL Champion LLL Champion FL Tournament Winner FL Tag Champion FL Champion

Good shit fam

Battle Record
    151-13
    Awards 150+ Wins Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL HOF LLL Champion FL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

weak

You've Earned a Custom Title! hello there's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-9

Props to you my dude.

Battle Record
    59-22
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted. 50+ Wins

good shit here. and good feedback on the battles. waiting for those previews homie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.