Quote Originally Posted by Barcotic View Post
    anyone remember vaskez?
    Certainly
    "Sound stuff out guys" - Barcotic

Battle Record
    21-10
    Awards OM HOF Gauntlet Champion LLL Champion LLL HOF

Re: LLL Season XXIII - Chat/Predictions/Beef

Wasn’t it Vasquez. Either way yeah. The question guy was cool too. Username like ..?..

Phlymo was one of the best
    LOL

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Orc View Post
    He’s right when he says Smoka and BTK were average

Although using Packed Graves as a factor is worrying

I remember Lay Doubt being as good as the other old heads who are in it. Text battles don’t age well though so it’s difficilt to base an argument off 10 year old links.
    the RB hof is kind of a weird situation.

it's mad exclusive, almost to the point of being detrimental. i do kinda want to open it up and let more dudes in. Kenny The G, Phlymo, Lay Doubt, etc. All beasts, just without a resume like the other HoF'ers. Traditionally u've needed a stacked resume to get voted in.
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    21-10

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    the RB hof is kind of a weird situation.

it's mad exclusive, almost to the point of being detrimental. i do kinda want to open it up and let more dudes in. Kenny The G, Phlymo, Lay Doubt, etc. All beasts, just without a resume like the other HoF'ers. Traditionally u've needed a stacked resume to get voted in.
    I think that’s fair enough. It’s the same at NC
    LOL

Lenox

Phlymo was the best from that era. It’s not close

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32
    Awards Legendary Battle Haymaker Maddnes Champion - HM 3 winner 50+ Wins Legendary Member OM HOF LLL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

It's true that Lay Doubt. doesn't have the resume for HOF. I'll agree with that, but during the time he was active, some of the best RB was ever graced with were dropping some of the best stuff on the net at the time, and Lay displayed the ability to smash anyone he went up against. If it's about putting in the work and not just about ability, then I can see where the argument can be made that he would need to put in more time on the circuit and perhaps champ a season. But if we're talking about ability there's nobody in the HOF that Lay couldn't hold his own with. And while I agree respect should be given to the RB heads that have earned it, I myself find it difficult to justify a few if those cats unless it's on the volume of work alone.. because some of them sucked tbh. But I also don't think it should be easy to get in, because then it loses value.

That said, it's hard to imagine capturing the era I spent active and justify omitting Lay Doubt. My vote would be yes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barcotic View Post
    anyone remember vaskez?
    Yeah he was ok

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenox View Post
    Phlymo was the best from that era. It’s not close
    Were you even born

Lenox

Word, back in the day I read a lotta lay doubt verses, and indeed he was top tier back in the day. However, I think he needs to at least make the finals this season to put him in the HOF. This age of text is muc harder than back in the day

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32
    Awards Legendary Battle Haymaker Maddnes Champion - HM 3 winner 50+ Wins Legendary Member OM HOF LLL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

@Blue Bayou I've got 40 ready

Lenox

Quote Originally Posted by $pitacular1 View Post
    It's true that Lay Doubt. doesn't have the resume for HOF. I'll agree with that, but during the time he was active, some of the best RB was ever graced with were dropping some of the best stuff on the net at the time, and Lay displayed the ability to smash anyone he went up against. If it's about putting in the work and not just about ability, then I can see where the argument can be made that he would need to put in more time on the circuit and perhaps champ a season. But if we're talking about ability there's nobody in the HOF that Lay couldn't hold his own with. And while I agree respect should be given to the RB heads that have earned it, I myself find it difficult to justify a few if those cats unless it's on the volume of work alone.. because some of them sucked tbh. But I also don't think it should be easy to get in, because then it loses value.

That said, it's hard to imagine capturing the era I spent active and justify omitting Lay Doubt. My vote would be yes

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah he was ok

- - - Updated - - -

Were you even born
    Lol, I read all the seasons back in the day when I was bored trying to elevate and shit

- - - Updated - - -

One of my favorite battles was that three way in 2010 with Spit, Phly and that other guy. Can’t remember his name but he was dope too

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32

I think it was Burden aka Orc

Battle Record
    21-10

Quote Originally Posted by Lenox View Post
    Lol, I read all the seasons back in the day when I was bored trying to elevate and shit

- - - Updated - - -

One of my favorite battles was that three way in 2010 with Spit, Phly and that other guy. Can’t remember his name but he was dope too
    I believe that was Burden
    LOL

Lenox

Yea

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32

I believe that was Burden
    lol

Battle Record
    21-10

@Lenox check out Rudge1 archives on Netcees. Probably the GOAT. Verses could still hang today
    LOL

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32

@Lenox check out Rudge1 archives on Netcees. Probably the GOAT. Verses could still hang today
    Just peeped that shit, dude was an absolute BEAST. Like the nonchalant, easy going style too.. some of these more uptight kids could learn from that.