User Tag List

Page 171 of 356 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 170 171 172 181 221 271 ... LastLast
Showing results 2,551 to 2,565 of 5335

Thread: LLL Season XXIII - Chat/Predictions/Beef

Battle Record
    46-9
    Awards Legendary Member 25+ Wins OM HOF LLL HOF LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner

Re: LLL Season XXIII - Chat/Predictions/Beef

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Vaskez was dope.

My dude Lay Doubt was/is dope as well.

HOF? I mean I hate the fact some of the dudes in it are in it. And we’re only indicted because of circle jerking and dick riding not based off talent. Talent wise, Lay should be HOF, as far as contributing wise, he hasn’t really been active as long as I’ve returned and been active here in the last decade so that would be my only argument.

Which is a fair statement that I’m sure he would agree with.

HOF - IN MY OPINION shouldn’t only be based on level of talent but also to commitment and contributions that person made during their tenure.

That’s just me, tho.
    Yeah, not only talent. Agreed. The case I’d make is that I def made enough commitment and contributions between 2004-2008 that, when coupled with my peak writing, is a more than solid HOF nom. That was the golden era of text for RB and by far the most activity the site’s ever seen. I mean, shit, there was LLL and then literally a whole minors league LLL Jr. for people who weren’t considered good enough to compete in the main league, lol. And out of everyone, it was pretty much Spit, Feeble, and me regarded as the top battlers for a good while. And I beat Feeble several times in his prime.

So that would be my stance. Active the last decade or not, I feel I should have been inducted a loooong time ago but just never was because I didn’t politic my way into the shit. I was basically on my rogue “fuck everybody” hype and didn’t care. But now, looking back on it all and seeing some of the names listed in our HOF, I’m like yeah what the fuck man I belong there.
    Last edited by Lay Doubt.; March 28th, 2019 at 12:23 PM
    Been a real one.

Lenox

Nobody:

Lay Doubt: I was the goat back in 2005 yo!

Battle Record
    151-13
    Awards 150+ Wins Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL HOF LLL Champion FL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Doubt. View Post
    Yeah, not only talent. Agreed. The case I’d make is that I def made enough commitment and contributions between 2004-2008 that, when coupled with my peak writing, is a more than solid HOF nom. That was the golden era of text for RB and by far the most activity the site’s ever seen. I mean, shit, there was LLL and then literally a whole minors league LLL Jr. for people who weren’t considered good enough to compete in the main league, lol. And out of everyone, it was pretty much Spit, Feeble, and me regarded as the top battlers for a good while. And I beat Feeble several times in his prime.

So that would be my stance. Active the last decade or not, I feel I should have been inducted a loooong time ago but just never was because I didn’t politic my way into the shit. I was basically on my rogue “fuck everybody” hype and didn’t care. But now, looking back on it all and seeing some of the names listed in our HOF, I’m like yeah what the fuck man I belong there.
    i feel the same as that last bit when comparing hof battles
    some of the older ones are terrible lol

in a way it was much easier to get away w crap concepts back then
    not tryna shit on anyone's parade + ive said this before..some batts that ARENT in the hof from the past 5 yrs SHITS on ones that are already in it. a cpl of the shitty ones that ARE in it include my own tbph
    looking back its like how tf is this dope? bring this to present day voters and theyd tear it apart
    fr
    Last edited by Barcotic; March 28th, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32
    Awards Legendary Battle Haymaker Maddnes Champion - HM 3 winner 50+ Wins Legendary Member OM HOF LLL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

While I agree in many ways text has gotten more advanced, I think we've lost some of the important aspects such as hard personals because everyone's looking for wp in like, every bar. Sometimes a perfectly good, factual insult is more damaging than a creative wp IMO. That's just me.. I've always favored hard core personal insults and that seems to have lost favor over the years. That's one of the reasons when you read battles from back then, they don't have the luster they did when they were dropped.. you had to be in that time period to feel the impact of the personals, and believe me, they hurt people.

HOF
    Battle Record
    19-6
    Awards Legendary Member LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL HOF

I do agree pretty much, back when hard hitting personals with a dope concept behind it were more impactful then generic dope concepts... Nowadays they seem to be on a level playing field

The wordplay thing I kindve agree with, and me and you use a fair bit of it, but we also has its detractors regardless if the punches and concepts are all diff... I def wouldn't say everyone is "looking for it" in every line.. if anything it's the opposite
    "Sound stuff out guys" - Barcotic

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32
    Awards Legendary Battle Haymaker Maddnes Champion - HM 3 winner 50+ Wins Legendary Member OM HOF LLL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bayou View Post
    I do agree pretty much, back when hard hitting personals with a dope concept behind it were more impactful then generic dope concepts... Nowadays they seem to be on a level playing field

The wordplay thing I kindve agree with, and me and you use a fair bit of it, but we also has its detractors regardless if the punches and concepts are all diff... I def wouldn't say everyone is "looking for it" in every line.. if anything it's the opposite
    I agree some people SAY they don't want wp in every line.. but then look how they vote. They say one thing do another

- - - Updated - - -

& to be clear, I love wp and always have.

Battle Record
    151-13
    Awards 150+ Wins Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL HOF LLL Champion FL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by $pitacular1 View Post
    While I agree in many ways text has gotten more advanced, I think we've lost some of the important aspects such as hard personals because everyone's looking for wp in like, every bar. Sometimes a perfectly good, factual insult is more damaging than a creative wp IMO. That's just me.. I've always favored hard core personal insults and that seems to have lost favor over the years. That's one of the reasons when you read battles from back then, they don't have the luster they did when they were dropped.. you had to be in that time period to feel the impact of the personals, and believe me, they hurt people.
    having both wp AND a personal in the same bar easily trumps just a bland personal

again..s'where skill separates the best

HOF
    Battle Record
    19-6
    Awards Legendary Member LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL HOF

Fair, that's probably me considering text as a whole and not just here, as I probably dropped 2000 lines on NC last year as well

-edit this was at spit, barc beat me with a post lol
    "Sound stuff out guys" - Barcotic

Battle Record
    46-9
    Awards Legendary Member 25+ Wins OM HOF LLL HOF LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Barcotic View Post
    i feel the same as that last bit when comparing hof battles
    some of the older ones are terrible lol

in a way it was much easier to get away w crap concepts back then
    not tryna shit on anyone's parade + ive said this before..some batts that ARENT in the hof from the past 5 yrs SHITS on ones that are already in it. a cpl of the shitty ones that ARE in it include my own tbph
    looking back its like how tf is this dope? bring this to present day voters and theyd tear it apart
    fr
    Well yeah but this is largely a hindsight issue, and can be said looking back on practically anything after the process of evolution.

What’s considered a “crap concept” now probably wasn’t in 2005, because it was still relatively new/fresh or what have you. You can’t look back and compare text battling 10-15 years ago to text battling present day and judge it compared to today’s battles. Back then, NOBODY was writing like today. You can only judge shit back then by comparing it to other shit back then and by gauging its impact/reception at the time it was used.

Styles were also different, as was preference. I’ve been seeing an absurd amount of gun threat lines that would have been laughed out of the league in 2005. There was also a ton of “crew” activity and legitimate interpersonal beef/grudges site wide, which led to harsh/true personals stated bluntly being favored over some “witty” yet generic wordplay that could be used against anybody. A lot of times you truly disliked the motherfucker you were matched up against. None of this “for the culture” stuff. You really wanted to humiliate/degrade them as a person.

Obviously you’re right in a way, about how the writing style or complexity has evolved since then. But like I said you can’t judge some verses from 10-15 years ago by comparing it to verses today, particularly when today is the result of 15 years of slow steady day by day progress and development. Didn’t happen overnight.
    Been a real one.

Battle Record
    151-13

theres no reason one cant spend a little more time on a personal to incorporate sutn witty, ya kno ?

always ben my outlook on that

You've Earned a Custom Title! hello there's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-9

My real question is this:

Does Barc's phone not have spell check?

Barc... do you just ignore the little red squiggles?

You fucking animal.

Battle Record
    151-13

i turn it off n type how i wanna type

- - - Updated - - -

its called BOARD SWAG yo

Battle Record
    1-9

Quote Originally Posted by Barcotic View Post
    i turn it off n type how i wanna type

- - - Updated - - -

its called BOARD SWAG yo
    Barcotic and I have gone so far in the enemies direction that now we make jokes with each other.

C'thulu inc.

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32

Bar only gets rude af when he's being attacked tbh

Battle Record
    1-9

Quote Originally Posted by $pitacular1 View Post
    Bar only gets rude af when he's being attacked tbh
    Or when you vote against him.

I give us like a week and a half.