User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Let's talk

Let's talk

This is sharp, btw

What I really want to do is talk to @Ronin and @Blue Bayou about some sort of seasonal schedule between two sites. Cross promotion and everything, so if you want to battle, you can. Tried brokering this between namix and GoW way back when but namix pulled out and GoW ghosted at the same time

I could only offer something like the SOL (8 weeks at most) over summers, so if you guys can run LLL fall or spring and 1-2 the other, we can figure out something for winter on NC.

The model was originally something like NC would run summer classic and a new winter tourney while LLL ran, then nbl would be fall/spring while rb ran their own tournies. If someone's out round one of a tourney, they still have a place to battle and we could cross post tourney battles that need votes. Plus, it gives us some freedom in trying something different while the other site has regular battles (like any gimmick league)

I'm not able to really speak for NC, but as a mod, I'd still be open to trying that. I think Useless and blue would be better to work with than GoW was, but broke gives me some pause

Alll I can say to trust me is I showed up, spur of the moment designed and ran a league that has made it to the playoffs, and am hoping to keep text - not NC over RB - viable

- - - Updated - - -
    @King

Bash tells me I should've included you in the OP

My bad, applies to you

Battle Record
    56-25
    Awards LLL Season Champion - LLL Season Champion Cypher Winner FL Champion

Re: Let's talk

Quote Originally Posted by Emmitt Spliff View Post
    This is sharp, btw

What I really want to do is talk to @Ronin and @Blue Bayou about some sort of seasonal schedule between two sites. Cross promotion and everything, so if you want to battle, you can. Tried brokering this between namix and GoW way back when but namix pulled out and GoW ghosted at the same time

I could only offer something like the SOL (8 weeks at most) over summers, so if you guys can run LLL fall or spring and 1-2 the other, we can figure out something for winter on NC.

The model was originally something like NC would run summer classic and a new winter tourney while LLL ran, then nbl would be fall/spring while rb ran their own tournies. If someone's out round one of a tourney, they still have a place to battle and we could cross post tourney battles that need votes. Plus, it gives us some freedom in trying something different while the other site has regular battles (like any gimmick league)

I'm not able to really speak for NC, but as a mod, I'd still be open to trying that. I think Useless and blue would be better to work with than GoW was, but broke gives me some pause

Alll I can say to trust me is I showed up, spur of the moment designed and ran a league that has made it to the playoffs, and am hoping to keep text - not NC over RB - viable

- - - Updated - - -
    @King

My bad, applies to you
    This is very sensible.

Dead give away ur a teacher lol u wanna organize this shit n I'm down
    Now I am become death; destroyer of worlds.

I don't really wanna organize this

It's more like why tf can we not just do this

Battle Record
    12-3
    Awards Cypher Winner Golden Glove Champion GBL Champion LLL Champion FL Tournament Winner FL Tag Champion FL Champion

Come together via pm(mods & admins from both sites)
    Make a schedule
    Allow advertising from both sites...

boom !

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    Come together via pm(mods & admins from both sites)
    Make a schedule
    Allow advertising from both sites...

boom !
    I thought it would be that simple years ago too haha. GoW and namix weren't having it

Battle Record
    56-25

I don't really wanna organize this

It's more like why tf can we not just do this
    Got a lot to do I think with writers taking breaks. But I agree with the site thing

- - - Updated - - -

Theres a lot of ppl on NC that dont want rb shit on nc

- - - Updated - - -

Even tho most battle here under alias. A lot dont tho like @Junto he uses the same name n @Cred

Where they at

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Got a lot to do I think with writers taking breaks. But I agree with the site thing

- - - Updated - - -

Theres a lot of ppl on NC that dont want rb shit on nc
    Breaks, sure, but someone suddenly gets an itch and sees their old home site is dead for the next 5 months, that's just a wasted opportunity. And being perfectly honest I don't see anyone on nc more opposed to rb and its styles/voting than you seem to be to NCs styles/voting

It's like a NY rapper battling in Detroit. Different field, crowd, sure, but shit is happening and it's not like it's any different to the casual observers. Probably better that we all experience different styles. That's a big reason why I liked the SOL season and we have a pretty varied final 4

HOF
    Battle Record
    19-6
    Awards Legendary Member LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL HOF

This is sharp, btw

- - - Updated - - -
    @King

My bad, applies to you
    I think it's a cool idea and would be into it, especially as someone who did both leagues at the same time last year's anyways

Your point at the end is a good one. Besides, "MOST" writers on NC I would argue are pretty open minded and clash of styles wise this could work.

Tbh a part of me likes the split bcuz I do/will write with a much different style on this site then i do on NC... But ultimately whatever, if it leads to more battles and activity I'm all for it

You've Earned a Custom Title! Exalted.'s Avatar

I'd rather have my accomps on nc tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bayou View Post
    I think it's a cool idea and would be into it, especially as someone who did both leagues at the same time last year's anyways

Your point at the end is a good one. Besides, "MOST" writers on NC I would argue are pretty open minded and clash of styles wise this could work.

Tbh a part of me likes the split bcuz I do/will write with a much different style on this site then i do on NC... But ultimately whatever, if it leads to more battles and activity I'm all for it
    I don't mind the split. I wouldn't want one site or one voter base, but I think cross-promotion and coordination are worth trying

Battle Record
    56-25

I don't mind the split. I wouldn't want one site or one voter base, but I think cross-promotion and coordination are worth trying
    I concur. And want my SOL cypher accomp good sir

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    1-1

for the third time

take it up with bleak

I'm opposed to cyphers without a hard line limit because it becomes quantity over quality so I washed my hands of it before it started

- - - Updated - - -

So, where should we go about planning, itt? Shared google doc?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Clout
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    the Slyest white man alive, Sharp Nine.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Exalted.'s Avatar

Get real. U ain't getting shit lol

Battle Record
    12-3
    Awards Cypher Winner Golden Glove Champion GBL Champion LLL Champion FL Tournament Winner FL Tag Champion FL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Nine View Post
    for the third time

take it up with bleak

I'm opposed to cyphers without a hard line limit because it becomes quantity over quality so I washed my hands of it before it started

- - - Updated - - -

So, where should we go about planning, itt? Shared google doc?
    Get w/ Blue or King via pm & and come up w/ a list or ideas.

Let GOW do the spell check

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    1-1

can't even pm more than one person on here

for real you guys need to get on discord and add me

pun#4472

Originally Posted by Clout
    the Slyest white man alive, Sharp Nine.