Thread: LLL Season XXIII Week Three: The Contenders Magazine

HOF
    Battle Record
    19-6
    Awards Legendary Member LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL HOF

LLL Season XXIII Week Three: The Contenders Magazine

LLL Season XXIII Week Three: The Contenders Magazine

Hot Takes & Notes From Your Commissionerrr

* First off fucking amazing Week 2 Roast. Look at some of the names in that thing alone dropping verses. When’s the last time the likes of Resin & Orc posted bars on RB?! FTC!!!!

* Holy fuck at the cypher. Awesome fucking job all. Not only the page count, but a lot of the bars are actually so dope. I think Barc said he went for a 100 or close to. Myself & spit must’ve been up there as well. Pleth with his always short but sweet contribution. More detailed analysis to follow, but this is the behind the scenes life blood of the league & I’m very pleased with the effort from you guys.

* DAMN its week 3 and we have TWELVE battles open and close to 30 competitors. You’re fucking welcome RB, j/k I probably have fuck all to do with it. For the motherfucking culture!

* Psyched contender battles have now started. Typically in leagues ppl’s fire only gets stronger once we roll into the title matches with everyone wanting to champ. GREAT looking first round of contender battles as well

* WTF at Hello There being sooooo critical in his votes last week (and maybe always?). Lighten up fella, not everyone can be that bad.

* Zunto, always a mod hater, and hater of myself in general, has actually been pretty supportive & kudos for helping the league by voting. WTF at not signing in tho?

* WTF at Ronin signing out, just to sign in with an alias to try and get his record back to 0-0. We’re cool, but come the fuck on.

* Veryyyy pumped at the Week 2 sign ins. A good mix of the old RB guard and some NC blood. Contender & champ matches finna be dopppe this year.

* @Orc @RESIN – Love that you guys are contributing and writing Roast verses. Now it’s time to sign into the league.

* WTF at potentially the best battle that will happen all season going down in Week 2. I hope I’m wrong, but good shit Dom & Spit.

* I can understand some people being “upset” at the fact that there won’t be a cypher “accomp” as there was some great work put in last week (myself included). BUT, I just want all accomps this year to be shelled out for Roasts/Cyphers that have defined limits so it makes it a) easier to judge from those that have to do it and b) an even playing field so instances of quality vs. quantity isn’t blurred while pissing ppl off. Accomps should be given for regulated events and that’s my two cents. We will continue to have ONE weekly roast or cypher where accomps are given. I do appreciate everyone’s contributions last week tho don’t get it twisted, we had some fun.

Week 2 Battle Reviews: by Blue Bayou

Joe Boston vs. Skurj. v Sinning

-Have to call it like I see it, the only 3 way battle of the week was a big letdown and all 3 competitors came with sub par verses. Sinning had what I would call one good concept, but like always he has so much crappy fluff in his setups to force multi’s the overall bars end up being laughable. Ditich the fluff kid. Joe had a forced wordplay nameplay and a horribly outdated MJ Neverland wp. I liked the 90210 punch but that was about it. Skurj had a couple decent hits (the very dry & underdeveloped New Zealand punch aside), he won this on consistency and not having as poor of misses.

King vs. Josh S.

Easily one of the closest battles of the week here, and I can see why as it’s a huge contrast of styles. I honestly don’t think King underestimated too much here, I just think he decided to go with more of a comical & swag approach thinking it would be enough to win. I really liked the wording on his opener, it was a good current event punch, but the time capsule bar was ehh to me and the closer seemed like a played ou throwaway from the RBL days. Josh had a cool verse & gave King all he could handle. As we discussed via PM, Ive seen a lot of air/heir plays and even plans on ‘heir to the throne’ itself so it was payed to me. Four gone conclusions was a cool misdirection & attack bar, and 1 eye King was fire imo. Haven’t seen that concept done as a nameplay and it was delivered very well. On the whole I personally think voters got this right & that King’s comical direct approach was a little stronger, but I can definitely see how both got votes & this could’ve gone either way based on preference. King wins 6-3.

Iontech vs. Ryno

Ryno won by no show. This was a black eye on an otherwise fantastic week. Fuck you Iontech. Ryno had a cool verse & I love his propensity to get after it and drop early.
    Draw blood flip was grimy, juggernaut was funny, tech support was a solid flip. Those are the standouts to me. Ryno wins and moves to 1-0.

Clout vs. SoIceyRichG

This was kindve refreshing in the sense that I haven’t seen an audio head beef with textcees in a while over style preference in a long time lol. SoIcey, this is a text league where creativity, humour, and well delivered fresh concepts win out, not what “would” play well to a live crowd if we in our heads can perfectly grasp the deliver youd be going for. Anyways, Clout had an up and down but enjoyable verse. Some played ideas that probably should;ve been scrapped (i.e. magazine/issues), but the opener, Anemia gin bar and Nuke Plant were the standouts. SoIcey had nothing good of note, beefed with a bunch of people, and signed out. Good riddance.

Exhalted vs. GrimmReapzerZ

Conceptually this was a good 12 line battle. Exhalted had some fire concepts & came out swinging. Reap Access workssss but I don’t love it for whatever reason. But Ben Grimm, Feed from a Check, and the closer gun bar were all pretty dope imo. Grimm put up a good fight, while I don’t love that he colours some words and bolds his punches etc., I wouldn’t say it’s a hindrance. I think he went for swag in the opener here but it fell flat imo (and most others), but the heist np was pretty dope, family hustle was cool with tie-ins, and altho exlax np’s have been done a lot his spin was enjoyable enough. Closer as a horrible attempt tho. Anyways, Inf won with better standouts and less misses & moves into a contendership match.

Ronin vs. Blue Bayou

Funny enough I had no clue that Artificial was Ronin when the battles were set. LoL at signing out after losing & trying to resign in under an alias at 0-0, don’t think so pal. Ronin had been dropping trash recently but really stepped his game up here and dropped a verse that most said made this a very competitive contest. Ronin requested I edit out my quotes/intro punch due to some confusion over the edit rules, just to add in his own chat qutes after my verse had been posted haha. Hey, do what you gotta do man. Chapter 11 and the subtlety it was delivered with was dope to me, that hit. Force kin was kinda cool and delivered well, isaiha Thomas was dece… On the whole some played joints but def a pretty consistently good verse with a couple standouts. On my side I thought the ‘take art down’ concept & how it was done was pretty dope, the dissin-gauges & his take on NC personal banged and stop droppin’ Ro were my standouts. I ended up winning in votes and move to 1-0, good battle Ronin.

KnowP vs. Blas

Decent short battle here. I thought Blas’s NoP opener was jokes & a good current event punch,a nd for a ‘slash’ line the Youtube punch was pretty clever. On KnowP’s side, I’ve seen him come MUCH better then this during my return time here. Orthopedic is the only “quotable” line I’d mention bcuz I think the angle as a whole is creative altho the wp is a bit of a stretch. Blas ended up sweeping the votes & scored a KO. I expect a better showing fro Know next week.

Jem vs. Hello There

Decent short battle I’d say. Hello There is a funny chat thread guy, and based on his votes pretty much everyone in the league sucks apparently lol so hes a good addition to the league. His opener is pretty creative, but it’s a Blues Clues punch lol & I wouldn’t say the punch is very impactful. The rate JEM / new cracks was a dece nameplay flip & I actually thought the closer was a reative and dope nameplay. JEM has been dropping some cool concepts these past few weeks and didn’t disappoint here. I thought the hallmark opener was fire. W2 form was also nice & you were pretty decent throughout the rest of the verse. JEM ended up winning due to consistency and took the battle 7-0.

Plot vs. Barcotic

This was an enjoyable battle, but ended up being very one sided in the votes. Plot’s a moainer wp makes a lot more sense now that he’s explaned it, I wish he would’ve just wrote ammonia faggit as everyone thought moanier was some sort of booze or liquid. Light up you Temple / Indian Jones was cool, and I thought the Bang-kok bar was flames. On Barcs end, I wouldn’t say this was up there with his best showing ever but I thought he ws consistently solid throughout. I didn’t like 2 movie punches with the same general idea, but the opener was pretty solid for a np. Harley Quinn was a dope swag gunbar imo, and semi-annual was a cool wp that worked and was done well. Barc won 8-1 (his lone vote against him led to a FL beef with SoIceyRichG lol) and moves into a contendership battle with a good showing in this battle & great week of cypher bars.

Dominate vs. $pitacular

When the random draw of these guys at 1-0 happened, I was excited as I like both guys styles & I don’t think they’ve ever squared off. THIS DID NOT DISAPPOINT, and for those in the LLL unfamiliar with Dominate he certainly made a statement with his verse. There seemed to be some chat about Dom’s opener after the battle closed, either way I think it was just okay, but he worded the punch to hit. Departure, comp lamented, limited liability, math dummy were all absolute fire. Dom mixed in a good blend of personals & for the newer gen this is a great example of how to elevate wordplay by being creative with the punch. Rereading I feel like not only was Dom conceptually dope, but he worded his punches to hit hard. Great verse. On Spit’s side, as I said in my breakdown Spit had a dope showing that would’ve beat most other verses on any given week. Magnify opener was cool &fresh, his flip on the dominatrix wordplay was done well, literary wp was flames – worded great, and the closer banged. Only a couple so-so bars imo. On the whole Spit was just outdone here & caught Dom on a week where he just wasn’t going to lose. I think Dom’s “highs” were better, and he was more consistent overall. Voters agreed, and Dom swept the votes. Regardless of this being a sweep, if this doesn’t get a HOF battle nomination I’ll be shocked. My vote is already a “yes” now while it’s fresh.

Week 2: Top Punches - by Blue Bayou

Listen. You were never a factor here, - just an actor that’s trying a weak offense
    & as far as departure playing now... you’ll just get beaten, cry & then leave again
    The LLL was better without u. No-one was sad u were missing in action pal
    If ANY comp lamented ur absence it was “great job on kicking that faggot out”
    You started a business that’s sure to fail, so better incorporate it & play safe
    I got a limited liability too – can’t tell u ya bars are good w/ a straight face
    Pussy… You’re frail & gaunt - don’t want it to evolve to brawlin
    Do the math dummy. You better not be countin on hands to solve a problem
    ---Dominate vs. Spit

Son, you'se a casual player. I'm a natural slayer -- ain't no tellin' when I'm mad..
    This hit game available everywhere: I line up green and jem pops, from cellphone to ipad..
    ---Hello There vs. JEM

ill put eighty in ur mug, aiming from the bunkers
    AR w army clips. Harley Quinn; goin crazy w the sucker
    i tuck a desert mac, finna let it blast in here
    1 hit from the semi-annual be in a bed for half the year
    ---Barcotic vs Plot

Who’s this irrelevant fuck, honestly he’s just a waste of head space
    Since NoP is only relevant now that he’s RKelly's main defense case
    ---Blas vs. KnowP

In HS you were a bitch! Going to classrooms, getting hazed son
    Used to being the hallmark so much, you made your name one!
    Overtime.. we got sick of your antics so when my dudes swarm
    You&ya crew dead! You’ll see more boxes filled than a W2 Form!
    ---JEM vs. Hello There

U know u ain't balling, dude always asking and begging...
    Every book he reads he stops from anxiety before chapter 11.
    Pedophile, youd fit right in with catholic priests my dude...
    This guy is obviously gay. innocence ur wife prob still hasn't been D'd by You.
    ---Ronin vs. Blue Bayou

Everything except Artichoke
    ---Blue Bayou vs. Ronin

For pay catch him w/ friends. No doubt my shots be clippin some limbs
    Give em 4 in his circle. Best belieeeve i'll 'Turn to the Thing for a Benjamin, Grimm'
    This broke bum CANT support a family. Living wage is even a stretch
    Ronin making up rules for a DQ - Yoo it's a lie to say he could 'Feed from a Check'
    ---Exalted vs. GrimmReaperZ

ducked me all day fucking coward, try & hide the fact you fear me
    to expose a bitch, I gotta magnify pull it everyone will see it clearly
    you pollute the site with fake punches, bro I'll snap your spine to stop
    I can't believe the garbage you produce I mean it's literary time you drop
    I'm handing out ass whoopins to everybody, cuz I'm better than you'll ever be
    & even though we'll forget you in a week consider this distribute to your memory
    ---Spitacular

Now your bout to die man, dreaming of sunsets in Siam?
    You'll hear Bang-kok, Bang-kok, but wont be landing in Thailand.
    ---Plot vs. Barcotic

Enjoy the moment Josh, battlin the champ w/o earning a spot
    U like a celebs kid, gettin schooled by the best whether u deserve it or not
    1-0 by DQ, Josh praying for that streak stayin intact
    Shits ironic, for this battle to swing ur way I'd have to go sway in the chat
    ---King vs. Josh S

Entrapment clearly!!..how Bayou used me for his dirty work & disguised it in them brackets greasy!
    Why else would he toss me a Dillinger muzzled…then blue print a set up for a Heise this easy
    ---Grimm vs. Exalted

nobody predicting i'd take the crown, but the underdog sure got solutions
    ending this by slicing off arms & legs.. I don't mind four gone conclusions
    no 1 sees how bad he is inside the ring? I'm Pai Mei, - tryn' blink
    he'll be living proof in the land of the blind the man with 1 eye is King
    ---Josh S. vs. King

Verse of the Week: Week 2

“u ready Dom?” “wut u doin man?” “are u sleeping?!”… Dammit Spit geez
    Why u champing at the bit so hard? There’s no way you’re doing that in the league
    Faggot, just breathe… You bout to get clipped for talking that shit fam
    You been HANGING for my words… & I ain’t playin games when I’m drawing the stick man
    Listen. You were never a factor here, - just an actor that’s trying a weak offense
    & as far as departure playing now... you’ll just get beaten, cry & then leave again
    The LLL was better without u. No-one was sad u were missing in action pal
    If ANY comp lamented ur absence it was “great job on kicking that faggot out”
    I could put up half the lines & still make it clear I’m gettin the win…
    Post-tenancy evictor - I’ll make sure this boarder ain’t at home here ever again
    You started a business that’s sure to fail, so better incorporate it & play safe
    I got a limited liability too – can’t tell u ya bars are good w/ a straight face
    As for ur album? Noone’ll buy the shit. That filler & nonsense ain’t flyin kid
    If u stayin in the booth w/ that waffle its cuz ur daughter’s gettin ogled outside of it
    Pussy… You’re frail & gaunt - don’t want it to evolve to brawlin
    Do the math dummy. You better not be countin on hands to solve a problem
    You fake as fuck talkin bout rifles and how you can handle a gun
    Claiming ‘pump & lever’ actions… but wifed the 1st girl that u managed to fuck
    & man she’s a slut… just can’t get enough when she’s nommin guys
    That haggle down enough semen to leave a whole digestive system compromised

---Dominate vs. Spitacular

Throwbackkkkkk Read: The NC Season 6 Finalll

Cashius vs. Rayge/Maximus

Rayge/Maximus:

aiyyo fuck pc memories, i'll prove this fag toys with gay men
    da only ***he/bytes connection are hickies his boyfriend gave him
    i'll use Einstein's quote to show u're retarded, ur text isnt epic
    u heard 'genius is 99% perspiration' and started sweating da technique
    i'll leave you dismembered, you're not even a lesser ranked vet
    sever ur limbs, u'll be more of a bitch with broken legs than Frank's pet
    even Economics says it all, you're over-rated with corny raps
    cos Inflation lowers Cash value and he gets worthless the more he's gassed
    everyone will witness ur spine break, im known for smashing nitwits
    we'll see a 'fractionating-column' and i aint talking lab equipments
    i'll knock you to the floor, this wack and dumb clown is trash
    Cashis gonna drop so fast you'll think that rapper rushed out a track
    ur girl's making gestures for you to fuck off, this sucker has no grind
    she wants u to leave, u dont have to study bears to understand Ursines
    Neighbor, Philly.. just a few who left this week scrub sobbing
    we saw an Outlaw & a Bully take out cash faster than street thugs robbing
    no pretty dime will ever marry you, u're a poser and a freak
    couldnt even get Atrophy wife, just disabled hoes with that disease
    u're a faker when it comes to busting, you're dumb with flows
    you dont spit for real, u lip Synclines & i'll fold u like one of those
    bury you underground, with gats im assaulting this herb
    fuck Bullion Vans, only vehicle moving Cash to the vault is a hearse

vs.

Cashius

WTF @ you beating Knuck. Thievery!...I hope you know, geek
    The way you robbed that Jewel probably be the story line for Oceans 14
    Rayge is boring and gets no pussy. Being lame's your main disorder
    But don't worry...
    With bitches, I'm sure you'll come around...'till you're met w/ a restraining order
    Believe me, boy...we'd rather have you dead than read a joint from you
    So, when Bags PM'ed you to tryout Poison...he didn't mean to join his crew
    The way your fat bitch eats, I'm guessing her pussy is probably not felt...
    Ironically...there's wayyyyy too much forklift for that box to be top shelf
    That chick splits her pants once a day. I see that the girl's desperate
    I mean...anyone can Rip Lee's, believe it or not. But she set the world record
    The Bully STOMPED you in the Classic...this fucking bum is silly
    Next time you should take a page from Chip Kelly and Duck when it comes to Philly
    Bitches either ignore you or tell you to go to hell, you pest...
    So, if ANY female says Hyatt means she works at a hotel welcome desk
    This dude'll be alone forever. Even whore's say you're not gonna pipe, right?
    So, the only one night stand in your room is holding a clock and a nightlight
    The fuck you think you can hang w/the best? You got no moves, you're lost
    Rayman...Legends would just play with you cause we all know Ubisoft
    Bro...you can't even get PART of a number. At one glance, a bitch grimaced
    Neighbor could've BOMBED his interview and had a better chance at six digits
    Everyone hates you, bitch. One shot and this fag's dealt...
    Got everyone SCREAMING "Rayge, Phuck Yew!".. you're prolly a lock for the tag belts

Cashius won and champed Season 6 in a good read.

Week 3 Battle Predictions: by Clout

Contenders: Dominate Vs Exalted

Oh boy, The Australian Alien With idioms so perplexed it turns heads and hurts necks. The dingo warrior's here to show you He might be from the Down under but ur all beneath him. He got the karate Chops to make ya Body stop and Mommy hot. I dont see many competing with him. He has hit his stride while still using Degree.
    Blue Edit (since Clout’s PM got cut off or something haha) – After last week it’s impossible to say Dominate isn’t the favorite going into this battle. He dropped a beast of a verse against Spit, and it seems like there’s very little rust after a prolonged absence. That said, I Infiltrate is sneaky dope & I believe his style translates well to RB. If Inf comes with a multitude of fresh meta’s & doesn’t try to go wordplay for wordplay with Dom I think he’l be right in this, conceptually he’s one of my faves as well. Looking forward to this, at the moment I have it:

60/40 Dominate

Contenders: King vs Barcotic

Both are absolute shit why the fuck did they compete?! Sike, this is going to be battle of the week in my eyes. The Lawn Don Who Fawns Moms isn't here to shake pom poms. He is trying to kick King so hard in the sack, he'll be known as The Queen who had a peen with the Mariah Carey scream. This will be unorthodox Wordplay vs The ultimate Douche bag with a million dollar handshake. Who wears tangerine boat shoes. This is just who has the juice this week. Either man is capable of slaughtering the other.

50/50

Blas Vs Blue Bayou

Blas The Claws of the Iron PAws, shows alot of potential. He just needs to step up his wording & make his shots more impactful. He's been dropping progressively better every time he suits up. Blue Bayou whose wordplay's more electrifying Than Raichu is here to retain the title he lost to King. He is slaying anything in his path as long as its not a Golf ball on a Tee. I think blue takes this. He's just too technically sound. The Chief of Maple Leaf is hear to make this his season!

70/30 Blue bayou

BodySnatcher vs Unfukwittable

Body Snatcher the Homi-Catcher whose a tommy blaster is here to fuck your dreams up. He doesn't care if you die peacefully or violently as long as you just die. He has no qualms of powdering up the palms & slapping u harder than u do ur baby moms. He is The Gun bar Thug CZar The maestro of letting the 9 blow & sparking more than a South philly light pole. He is not to be messed with, he brings aggressive gun play and is one of the top gun bar writers known. Unfukwittable The ghetto harry potter of text battling. He has a posh worth of Hogwarts in his thesaurus to leave ya squad mercked. He can be the epitome of what hit or miss construes. He can be really dope or really off depending on which version of him shows up. He has some of the most creative wordplay/angles known to text nerds. He can gun bar or bluebayou/barcotic/dominate pocket protector it out. I think Body takes it here due to being more active.

60/40 Body

Spitacular vs JEM

JEM has really been impressing me as of late. He continually gets better every battle and is looking better every season. JEM has the elegance of a drunk flamingo with the Poise of a crocodile suffering from a sugar rush. He will beat you if you slip up. he has the talent and the concepts. But real spit is someone who rarely ever misses a step. Because why step? when you can have a flying carpet yall. He does it all as well. A master at this capable of beating everyone and anyone. I love this match up it. I Do favor Spit to win this one, but JEM is in a win-win regardless. He gets to test is mettle vs a Legend. He always will improve by heaps after this battle win,lose, or draw. JEM's elevation has been consistent. Go hard JEM bring crisp wording and creative angles. You can do this. Real Spit just be the Dry humored asshole you always are champ, you'll be fine.

70/30 Spit

Ryno Vs Josh S.

Bash has been showing up and showing off. He's got more bars to handout to people than a highschool fundraiser. Josh S dropped alot sharper this past week. I'd say 70% better than his awkward 3 line verse he did vs Ronin. Can Bash topple the Almighty Josh S.? Or Will OUr hero succumb the overwhelming pressure of stardom? Will Bashes Kaio ken x4 Kamehameha Over power Joshua's Galic Gun? Tune in next time on dragon ball Z. All jokes aside i got bash taking this one in a close one. Bash really impressed in the SOL. Josh is still getting his stuff down although pretty damn quickly.

60/40 Bash

Ronin VS Hello There

Ronin is capable of beating alot of the guys in here. His blue verse was sharp indeed atta boy roro the accidentally uhoh. Ronin just needs to drop like he is battling Blue again he will slay shit. But will he take it seriously? Thats always the question plaguing this young man. Now Hello there just wants you to know your a fagget and why your a fagget and how come your never going to be anything in life. He is a reverse veritas imo, complete disregard for your mental health. He is Depression in human form. I personally find him entertaining. He just needs to work on wording his lines. He has some the best ideas. But has poorly constructed them into a verse. If he can just hone is wording better; he will be hard to beat. Will Hello There use ronin's Appropriate legal aged female family members legs as earmuffs? or Will he be cock blocked by the Useless one? I personally favor ronin but Hello There can do this!

Ronin 70/30 (cause of the blue battle)

KNow P vs Joe Boston

This has been done a million times over. Its Hospice vs The Catacombs who will prevail? They have so many traded wins and losses i just dont know anymore. Hug your gourneys, make sure to Strap in your denchers & catheters boys this is gonna be a tough one.

50/50 Retirement home <3 love you both

Plot vs Sinning

PLot The Thot whose hot to trot isn't here to play around boys. He is going to kick this emo-topical-esque text writers in ovaries. Sinning is either a troll or someone who desperately needs to stop huffing paint. Focus on your concept sinning, Stop trying to have flashy multies strung together. That ruins your whole impact man. Quit being so abstract its lame. If sinning knocks the fruitcake stuff off he could win honestly. Can he just focus on ripping plots nostril hairs out? or will he talk about angel hair pasta carressing mermaid saliva? Tune in

Plot 80/20

Krang vs Cred

Krang is idk, Hong kong phooeys cousins twice incested. Cred is a gun bar gym class hero bro. Tube socks To compliment when his tool pops. The puerto rican jukebox is going to takem2school. He will step on your courage and devour your bank account at gun point. HE dont care he from Chiraq son. I got Cred here until Krang proves he can hang via by being an alias.

80/20 Cred

Prozac vs Deal Doe

Prozac The Nose tat seems new and needs to step his concepts up. He needs more impact as well but he is willing to by continually grinding the battle circut. Deal doe im not sure who it is. I hope they can bring some heat and make it a good battle.

70/30 Prozac

GrimmReaperZ vs Skurj

Both are around the same level. Grimm Brother fairy tale is trying to forge a path. He has to keep using the critique he's getting from voters. He will become a problem if applies and practices that. Skurj is getting better each time i see him. I think this is a true 50/50 in my eyes. Grim be more harsh & concise. Skurj just go ham man. Good job making it this far, give it your all fellas!

50/50

Power Ranks – Top 5

1) Dominate – At this point in time, Dom is the favorite to be this seasons first champ after his amazing performance against Spit. His bars thus far warrant him #1 in this section. Had to write 16 lines against yours truly this week as well, will it throw him off?!

2) King – It’s still his crown for the time being. Personaly I liked his approach last week, & I think all the votes against him will light a fire. No way he takes Barc lightly, I expect him to beast this week.

3) Exalted – Off to a nice 2-0 start and had some first concepts last week. Faces a very stiff challenge this week in Dominate, and also has tag bars he has to write this week (myself included – fuck me this week). Will the workload be a hinderence? We’ll find out!

4) Barcotic – Beasted in the cypher (along with others) and had a good verse last week to beat Plot. He’s a HOF’er, he’s champed seasons, he seems hungry & on his game, he warrants this spot.

5) $pitacular - After a fire showing and tough loss last week, even at 1-1 $pit deserves this #5 spot. I exect him to come back with a vengeance this week & be in a contendership battle in no time.

Interviews with the Contenders……Sans Barc: by Killing Spree

Dominate - Whats good man how are things going in real with you?

Things are excellent. I just bought a house and got engaged recently. Got a promotion at work at the end of last year and the new role that I get paid more for is actually a lot less work than the previous one which gives me more free time. Hence my return to text battling this year.

What are your thoughts on how the leagues been run so far?

It's excellent. Activity is bonkers. Battles are up on schedule every week, an excellent mag follows soon after, roasts and cyphers are lit, mods are doing a great job of keeping swaying in check etc etc.

What would you like to see change if theres anything?

Not a thing. Mods are doing a great job. Keep it up.

In the seasons first contenders match against Exalted..Whats your strategy going into this battle?

I think our styles are reasonably similar, I plan to just do it better

What are some of Exalteds pros/Cons?

He's got a good blend of creativity and vocab with an aggressive kind of tone that sets up his punches well. In terms of cons... I don't think he's quite as polished as I am yet, and it seems like he's struggling for concepts with not wanting to go more than the minimum. We'll see.

Have you ever battled Exalted? If so how many times and what were the results?

Not as Exalted/Heise/Infiltrate, but if he has more aliases then maybe? Looking forward to it anyway.

Who would you like to battle this season that you havent seen yet?

Assuming I can beat Ex this week I'm looking forward to battling either of King or Barc in the first champ match of the season. Never battled either before. I'm battling Blue on NC this week but it's a different style over there so I'm looking forward to a match with him in this league too.

If theres someone or something you want to say to finish this off say it.....

[B @Orc @RESIN sign in! FTC! [/B]

Exalted - Whats good man how are things going in real with you?

Alright I guess. In a bit of a complicated time I live in rn.

Pretty good. As long as I've been texting on & off (since coming back in 2015) this is the first time I'm giving RB a run. The mags & battle threads are always up fast when they need to be which is a good sign the people are running league w/ diligence. It's somewhat hard for me to follow the chat bc I don't follow RB beef history or the personas here that much.

One small change is maybe set lower minumum lines to 10.

In the seasons first contenders match against Dominate Whats your strategy going into this battle?

My strategy is try to use personal angles and plays that haven't been used on Dom before - that requires some studying on my part. I've got most of my concepts done now it's just wording them/flips to execute them. Also, the challenge to appeal to RB style factors in as well. Wordplay is favored here more than NC.

What are some of Dominates pros/Cons?

Pros: Has a lot of top qualities of a well rounded battler. Creative wordplay w/ good wording & can incorporate personal angles w/ very clever flips. I read some of his older stuff on NC years back & was one of my favorite reads during that time.

Cons: He's been gone since what 2014? May use a line or concept i've seen in a previous battle. The longer he battles the less of an issue it will be tho.

Have you ever battled Dominate? If so how many times and what were the results?

Never. It's a first!

Anyone.. maybe King since I haven't battled him before.

If theres someone or something you want to say to finish this off say it....

Fuck zelph or whoever did detective work & expose the alias... I had planned on just trying things out over here lol

King - Whats good man how are things going in real with you?

Just working man, trying to get a few different things off the ground. This day job shit is for the birds

It's been perfect. The quick consistent mags are everything, if the mags stay consistent people sign in and stick around. If blue, clout, and company keep this going it's going to be a dooope season

Personally I want to fuck with different formats outside of the traditional 1-2 style we all use. Doesn't seem to be a popular opinion though Haha

In the seasons first contenders match against Barcotic...Whats your strategy going into this battle?

I'm just gonna bar the fuck out. We're going 16 so it's gonna be about the haymakers, neither of us will miss much. I've half assed the first couple weeks do I'm looking forward to going in. Looking to put on a show

What are some of your opponents pros/Cons?

Barcotic has bars, dudes consistent and had a strong wordplay game. Cons for him is his inability to take a L and move on lol or even really just a vote against him. Dude needs to chill with that shit lmao

How many times have you battled Barc? and what were the results?

That I know of, we've battled once in 1-2 and once in LLL last season. I won both.

That I haven't seen sign in? Hmm not sure. Resin is the only one that comes to mind. He no showed me on NC once, never had a chance to battle him after that. As for people in the league that I've never battled, definitely spit or dominate. Idk how I've never battled spit, seems overdue.

If theres someone or something you want to say to finish this off say it.....

BACK ON MY BULLSHIT WITH A FULL CLIP LET'S GO!

Week 2: The ROAST of $pitacular Summary

Solid Solid Roast week all. To all who participated a big thank you, and to all who peeped you were in for a treat. Some flamessss were dropped by some of the biggest names on the site. Some truly great pic diss angles were used & this was a lot of fun for all involved.

Without further adu, the winner of the Week 2 Picture Roast is………………..@Barcotic!

In a fucking nail biter. There was a lot of back and forth between the mods judging this, and it was ultimately decided based on various input, including the man himself getting roasted, that Barcotic did enough to take this down.

2nd Place: @Orc – Dude dropped his trademark swagger and had some very funny & creative angles. He got a first place vote even, and with 2 more bars there’s a good argument that he would’ve taken this down.

3rd Place: Tie between @Resin M-I-C & @EXalted – Both had some cool, creative & fresh concepts and were great reads.

Everyone seriously great job. It was a tough tough call as there were no bad reads, some so so bars for sure but on the whole it was a fantastic roast. You all rock!

Barctioc’s Winning Verse:

cool facial hair bro

im locked on ya forehead thru a scope, hopin' to blast
    dye pack style, when everything explodes over ur stash
    ur broken down. ima be nice & hope ur frown lifted
    the Salt Bin real, looking like u might jus roll around in it
    word, its true. what on earth u doin' pal?
    jacket so old, its no wonder u pay HER to do it now
    either that or she a fibber. u did allow her ur pin
    if he laser its probably just to finish rounding her chin
    u aint decent or dope. first u'd need a diploma
    verses like ur living arrangements; turnin sleep in Tacomas
    u a soldier n shit? pls. shits weak, i kno ur a fraud
    but nvm the dog tag...bitch needs a home & her shots
    u clearly earn the hate. first mistake, ur kissin' dirt
    dont even LOOK at me sideways again
    learn to take a picture first

Best of the Rest

Now here’s one shot to ya Shades.. see me grab the tool & let it ring..
    like Boston George.. got u reflectin on white lines & a chick afta losin everything.
    I’m in the zone. Gonna win SOL, BA, i wont stall til the end..
    it looks like Spit’s in the Zone too.. right after this bitch just called him a Friend.
    --Resin M-I-C

Since were on her, u should kno i be IN her..but u think ur hon' is alone
    If this blk in white pic makes u cringe, u should see the ones in her phone
    Believe it or not, we know u wanna kill urself. Hell, we believe it alot
    So when u reflect on ur life, we can look into ur eyes and see it should STOP
    ---Greedy

#ORC. I bet this pic gota trill caption, I feel passion
    bruuuh me & my Dog Tag ya girl..but you in here rocking one like it’s in fashion?!
    The sheer softness of this man made me roll the most.
    Trust one uppercut would Raise those Glasses to the Sky like we proposed a Toast
    U look 49yrs old -- how YOU gonna go hell fa leather!?
    Ironic that Cap got an Awkward Curve & she posted this pic with ''Friends Forever''
    ---Orc

this scrubs a joke, nobody w/ such a mug should boast
    as far as a Cap Size goes.. that’s what his girl does to boats
    omg at his frame! guy slays me with his talk tough riot
    errytime this Buster Posey just reminds us he’s nothin but a washed-up Giant
    eyebrows ain't bad tho, i'm lookin as you mean mug me quick
    not a bad Fräulein.. & of course that's no reference to your ugly bitch
    ---Blue Bayou

Hint: pick up what's on they mind. the nervous lean got me laughing
    U moved too close & the sign over head materialized her thought exactly
    Under Armour's meant for athletes math geek- in a race we skeptic
    If a Jumpstarts from a Pistol? This 'Hammer to ya Cap' is testin reflexes
    Dog tags 'round ya neck are cheap as hell. 25cents & call it bling!?
    That chain Low Hangin, Fruit: only 1 try cuz he's a whiz at the claw machine
    ---Exalted

OUTRO: FTC!

Everything has been edited in.

Great fucking Week 2. Keep putting in the effort & us mods will do the same. Love ya'll!
    Last edited by Blue Bayou; March 19th, 2019 at 11:26 AM
    "Sound stuff out guys" - Barcotic

You've Earned a Custom Title! hello there's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-9

Re: LLL Season XXIII Week Three: The Contenders Magazine

"* WTF at Hello There being sooooo critical in his votes last week (and maybe always?). Lighten up fella, not everyone can be that bad. "

Yeah dude. I'm the baddie for sure.

Dope mag as always! Great season so far.

Battle Record
    12-3
    Awards Cypher Winner Golden Glove Champion GBL Champion LLL Champion FL Tournament Winner FL Tag Champion FL Champion

FTC... props y’all. Thanks for taking the time

Battle Record
    4-8

Dope mag... but question - and I appreciate the effort but my favorite part are the top bars of the week is that being edited in as well?

HOF
    Battle Record
    19-6
    Awards Legendary Member LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by JEM. View Post
    Dope mag... but question - and I appreciate the effort but my favorite part are the top bars of the week is that being edited in as well?
    -Edited In
    Last edited by Blue Bayou; March 18th, 2019 at 01:09 PM
    "Sound stuff out guys" - Barcotic

You've Earned a Custom Title! Exalted.'s Avatar
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Spree accepted.

Good mag. Dom had easily my fav verse past week

Battle Record
    1-9

I did like the W2 line a lot.

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32
    Awards Legendary Battle Haymaker Maddnes Champion - HM 3 winner 50+ Wins Legendary Member OM HOF LLL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

Dope mag, dope season so far, great work Mods and contributors
    @Dominate looking forward to a rematch this season, congrats on an excellent win

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

dope mag once again. and up on a monday, good shit fellas.
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    22-3

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    dope mag once again. and up on a monday, good shit fellas.
    Dont lie you were giggling over the tangerine boat shoes bit.
    3TC

you look depressed as fuck in video mags, your fate is unfurled
    I knew cameras add 10 lbs, didn't know it could add the weight of the world

Aero the Black Pegasus

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Clout View Post
    Dont lie you were giggling over the tangerine boat shoes bit.
    I lol'd, can't front
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    1-9

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    I lol'd, can't front
    Yeah I love that dude. He's top tier.

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Fire mag I’ll have the small interviews in just waiting on 2 out the 4 contenders

Battle Record
    2-2

Sprays garlic gun, ratatat
    $usernamejoshs

$9.99 for an unbiased vote
    $14.99 full breakdown vote

Kangaroo Danger Dude
    Awards LLL HOF LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by $pitacular1 View Post
    Dope mag, dope season so far, great work Mods and contributors
    @Dominate looking forward to a rematch this season, congrats on an excellent win
    Thanks man I'm sure you'll get it.

Awesome mag again guys. Appreciate the effort you put into this.

Where tf is Cashius? That top shelf box line was ridiculous