User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: The Mag - Week 1

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

The Mag - Week 1

Intromotherfuckingduction

Welcome to the Lethal Lyricist League Season 24!! This is gonna be a dope season. We're keeping it a little shorter than in the past and only going 8 weeks, so every battle holds more weight now. One win or loss could cost you a playoff spot easily. Last season started off amazing but flamed out, in retrospect we should have kept that season shorter too and I think it would have been easier to finish. Hopefully we'll see a few of those faces show up this season as well.

FOR ANYONE TIGHT ABOUT NOT FINISHING SEASON 23, I am too. Props again to @Blue Bayou and @Clout who ran it, it was a crazy dope season and it would have been ideal to get playoffs going and finish it but there just wasn't enough of the main battlers around to do that. That's also part of the motivation for only going 8 weeks in season 24, so those who battled for 11 weeks in 23 don't have to wait another 3 months to see playoffs. Realistically, if we started 23 back up we would have to do a few more weeks of regular season anyway, so there's really not a ton of difference. SIGN UP!!

NEW AWARD!! This season we're going to add a Verse of the Week accomplishment. The verses will be picked by the mods, we're going to judge based on a combination or our opinions and what the voters thought. This is gonna be a dope new dynamic because now you can win an award even if you get no showed. There's always incentive to drop and to drop something fire. Every week will have a winner, I'm also thinking about having a Verse of the Season award similar to how 1-2 had Punch of the Week/Season in the past. If you read this (most of you didn't lol) let me know what you think about the season award.

REGARDING NO SHOWS. Let's be real, in the first week or two here we're probably going to have several. Don't let that demotivate you, once we weed those out it will be much more consistent. Plus, you can still get an accomp even if your opponent doesn't show (See above), so bring the heat either way. In addition to the VOTW @Wuxia is gonna be highlighting verses that got No Show'd. I want to minimize dudes feeling like their effort was wasted, I think the VOTW and podcast ideas (both Wuxia's ideas btw, props to him) are gonna do a lot to help that.

PLAYOFF TIEBREAKERS will be determined by champ match wins and then VOTW awards. So if two battlers have the same record come playoff time, the one with more champ wins gets in. If they both have the same amount of champ wins then we go to VOTW awards. If that's the same then we'll figure something else out lol. In other words, drop your best every week to make sure you get a spot in the playoff roster.

King's Quick Picks

Ryno vs Skepto

This could be a pretty close battle. I don't think I've seen Skepto battle in a while and Ryno was active during the previous season, so based on potential rust and momentum I think I gotta go with Ryno.

Exalted vs GrimmReaperz

Interesting match here. Exalted is the favorite without a doubt, but Grimm had a nice bar in 1-2 last week and if he can put a verse together of equal quality then he'll at least make it competitive. I gotta go with Ex still.

Kill Spree vs Slecht

Good battle here, potential for BOTW. Kill coming off a good showing in the tournament championship, which is OPEN FOR VOTES BTW, against Blue Bayou. Slecht dropped a dope bar in 1-2 last week and can definitely bring it. Think I'm gonna pick Kill Spree in a close one.

Networth vs Joe Boston

Another close battle to call. I don't think I've read anything from Networth in a minute while Joe has been a little more active. I always gotta go with the dude who's been around over the guy coming back, rust is a bitch. Picking Joey B here.

JEM vs Cred

This could be a pretty dope battle. If JEM is on top of his game he can drop some fire bars and he's gonna need them to take down the self-anointed gun bar king. That being said, I haven't seen Cred drop a verse in forever so rust may be a factor here also. I'm gonna pick JEM in a very close upset. Wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong tho.

Hello There vs Young Dillinger

HT has shown much improvement since joining last season, I don't think he's on Johnny's level yet tho. However if Dillinger sleeps on him I wouldn't be shocked to see HT pull out a win either. Every once in a while he does that. Still gonna pick YD for the dub.

Sik Wit It vs Diasick

I didn't go back in the thread to check, but I think Dia dropped like day 1 lol. Not super familiar with Sik Wit It, or maybe it's been a while idk. I'm gonna take the easy route and predict Dia takes the win here just based on familiarity and the fact that it's not possible for him to no show lol.

Echelon vs A Disciple

Never seen either battle. So..um. Yup. Hold on I'm gonna flip a coin. Actually better yet, I'm gonna pick A Disciple coz I have it on good authority she's writing her verse on how climate change is effecting the third world and that's a compelling subject. A Dis FTW.

Wuxia vs Smog

Good battle, I think it could have some BOTW potential if both dropped their best. Smog is coming off a hiatus tho, so I'm not sure about what level he's gonna be at. He might need one or two to get back into form. Broke's been a little more active and I think would be the favorite anyway. Woooooshaaa

Razor Sharp vs Chemist

Clueless about either one. Gotta be alias' right? Neither has checked on top of that. I'm gonna go with about an 87% chance of double no show.

RapBattles Tournament Championship

Blue Bayou vs Kill Spree

KILL SPREE

Quote Originally Posted by barcotic 9-5-18 Vs King
    ya gf scared too.. she cant prepare u for barcs hammers
    so Draw ur Tiny Arms when the Fire's on ya Tail. u a charmander
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bayou 9-21-18 Vs Allen Knight
    Ya i fucked his bitch. gave’er a Poke cuz she loves when a male's behind’er..
    turned on the Charmander panties dropped… TRUST ME guys that Tail is Fireee
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bayou asking Hello There aka High And Drunk august 2019
    He's happily married to Kelly thank you very much ❤️

What is your avy? Is that a Pickachu?
    U know Charmander but not Pickachu??? smh

Man your queer...
    Stab ur head w/sheers for every bitten bar in kids verse
    Barc could landscape your yard & you'd still make a living butchering his Work
    Blue a Legend's a Trip! Swimmin w/sharks the life your for
    You known to enjoy 4 seasons But..Archives dnt come w/Air Fare or Nights @ Resorts
    Ironic Allen hit'U w/that August Heat & fed you buncha rights
    Got Breezed through w/fire this summer classic..We call it a Classic-Summer Knight
    the stick on me; Put this canadian on ice! you dieing cocky
    Cos I'll Throw more Arms Up @ Blue Lines than refs calling Offsides in hockey!

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Knight Vs murda sho Feb 12th, 2015
    ur bitch is enormous & gruesome, ur sick of her eatin
    she aint a Bombay, it takes chugin a bottle of Gin to consider her decent
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcotic Vs Me In Key Tourney five Jan 15th, 2018
    ur writing sucks. And unlike u, mikey fucks
    last bitch to call Bombay was a goaltender for the mighty ducks
    https://imgur.com/gallery/6I7Y6vO

Idiot
    Holla Front Legand a drunk & bites..So beef & guy is dropped
    Have U really seein a 40'n Jin.. when U KO'd from getting hit by my Private Stock
    we saw Ur topical loss...Boss whatchu dropped a flop
    No matter what you scavenge for a verse U aint Witty enough to top the Fox(dont know who witty is dont vote)
    I run this Jungle! drop monkey bars till this man is gone
    KS'll reign For Rest of my life, While You Burn to the ground quicker than the Amazon
    & your wife? I earned stripes. fuck'er while she say ur all on dick
    Cos when she scream @ the "Boys In Blue?" she jus yellin @ the fags she caught you With
    I respect Ur drive to win, but this road aint for your fun day
    Sonata quit fuckin w/me or I'll make sure he got body parts on the hood of a Hyundai
    U bite & consider yourself dope? your just meant to be slapped
    Cos the way we Egregious know we all think that your Offensively Bad

https://imgur.com/gallery/uQ0PNma

Psh.. we know she a crack hoe^^ your broke & ya wife gets run through
    IDK why I consider anything w/this Bum Beef when all the money talk & gettin great ass is Untrue
    Walk up in all black, white eyes, Gun that'll split you Up
    You'll get the White hawk'll your head & scream @ the entrance.. I call it the Viscera
    You aint bout that street life, 1 clipp wont just scar this pip squeek
    It'll shoot & have this Blue guy on the ground kickin harder than Nipsey

BLUE BAYOU

aka Bomb Bard

https://i.imgur.com/2svqFd6.jpg

lmaooo at your dead beat job, but that ain’t the tragedy Mass..
    REALLY wanna see yourself in a hole?! peep the votes in ANY battle we’ve had
    i’ll literally send you a thousand fucking dollars PLUS some darts & gin..
    if you can write ONE BAR not lookin like Muff’s retarded brother w/ parkinsons
    wHy U right Like thiS? it’s an eye sore. proof you’re dumb n’ still forcin’
    so god damn abysmal it’s suin’ Pepto for one half of the stomach pill fortune
    bro i could care less bout ur decisions or your mellow stares
    if you hear me say ‘you know better’...it’s a comparison to Hello There
    ur writing won't win awards man, real talk the shit could barely feature..
    forget a Laureate won't be considered dope by any Tammy’s or Terry’s either
    you won't get a round of applause, you’ll get a round from a Moss’
    my tempers Hair-Trigger. but i’ll wipe all dna off the gun 'fore its found by the dogs
    i’m berating w/ shots that hit harder than a dooms day blast..
    not this pussy – if we see ‘Bomba Rating w/ Shots’ we’re peepin’ Mo’s 2K stats
    exercised once & barely woke up. <- that’s on the topic of your fat..
    trying for even one Absentia straight to the hospital & u nearly died the opposite of that
    any bitch’ll pick me over you. my wallet’s thicker plus my flowin’ is godly
    not only to they like Machismo…they know there’s not a masculine bone in your body
    a gangster?! plzzzzz we’ve never seen ya hands shoot nina’s..
    same homies you Telluride gunna laugh when i run you over in my brand new Kia
    we were boys & you betrayed me! for that i’m goin’ all out faker
    Shoot up ya Whip...it’ll be a different kinda magazine when open-up the AutoTrader
    eventho you pen absolute garbage & in every loss you take a battering..
    i’ll admit, ur good at stringing words together. the ‘You’re the Best Blue!’ banner was flattering

CLICK---> VOTE HERE <----CLICK

Season 23 Throwback Battle

DOMINATE

Quote Originally Posted by Exalted interview in mag
    What would you like to see change if theres anything?

One small change is maybe set lower minumum lines to 10.

In the seasons first contenders match against Dominate Whats your strategy going into this battle?

My strategy is try to use personal angles and plays that haven't been used on Dom before - that requires some studying on my part.

Exalted aka Heise aka Infiltrate

Watch this pussy step & get beaten. Never flames - at best he’s just decent
    Ain’t gonna see Hei burn Nate - 1 punch & he won’t wake up til the end of the season
    It’s head shots only if he gettin pics - girl made sure to frame it just right
    She’ll avoid showing Exercise cuz its clear she’s never done that a day in her life
    Tell this coward to bar up for once. Least lines every week - I’ve seen enough of it
    By going the miniskirts around the fact he’s a pussy w/ barely enough material to even cover it
    “I’ll study Dom’s life to find new personals”… My god. Are you hearing these words?!
    I considered Hypothetic before… Now I KNOW that that theory’s confirmed
    Idc if you rifle through my history. When I bring my rifle through, ur history
    & why the fuck would u have pried in that? Is what I'd ask about ur lines & sense of dignity
    He ain't shit to me. Fuck those tactics. You'll see this faggot get slugged
    Doesn't matter what strategy Infusing. Docs'll have an IV doin that w/ his blood
    I’ll run at his crew w/ the 9 & snub. Pick a few... their time is done
    Start the kill count. Then let fly w/ the machine and have the autopilot up
    No-one believes ur job’s important or that you'll win - u ain't a threat dork
    You’re a secretariat best... & only thing you’re beating here is a dead horse

vs

EXALTED

Dom aka Aussie Teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
    I could put up half the lines & still make it clear I’m gettin the win…
    Post-tenancy evictor - I’ll make sure this boarder ain’t at home here ever again
    Longbars in ur DNA, clown. This ain't HF dont let that faggot shit out
    Unimpressed how a stretch for spit got off the ground & not sucked back in ya mouth
    Fist Fight at school! For talent day teach we can throw some jabs
    Don't need votes in class.. knockin u to next week REALLY give em a Show of Hands
    My fists home at last. U'll catch a blow to the head in the worst way
    Irony: him wakin up w/ Adelaide Response as they ask... 'What's your Birthplace?'
    Picture Prom Night Dom's like a Fez: sloppy dressed awkward mess
    Shiiit.. even the IDEA of bringing his date Neurosis crippled him with chronic stress
    Your marriage neeeeds to recoup. Divorce cuz MY D she will choose
    Think DBZ: 'Permanent Breakup once i'm inside your Boo' like Vegito defused
    Texted long as christ. On any site none uvya played shit was winning
    Anno Domini system to date hasn't worked - we could start count since ur beginnings
    Homo took it up the ass, split bodyparts but don't know the gym
    & Back in the day? yeaaa DOMS left sore...from being 'Bent Over for Rows' of men
    The mag hyped em out respect, my blade give cords new sound effects
    Doubt I'll fret....'Blues style of playing UP' leave blood when metal slides down ya neck

Way Too Early Power Rankings

Honorable Mentions

Cred, Smog, Joe Boston, Skepto

5. Young Dillinger

This was a tough pick at 5. I was torn between a few people tbh. I'm going with Dillinger over some others mainly based on potential. I think several guys could easily be in this spot as well, but Jit has had some verses in the last season or two that I showed he can hang with the top of the league when he wants.

Floor
    4-4

Ceiling
    6-2

4. Ryno

Gotta go with Bash here at the 4 spot. I think he had some fire last season and I don't expect that to change for 24. Very capable of a champ run and/or a deep playoff run, he just needs to stay consistent.

Floor
    4-4

Ceiling
    7-1

3. Wuxia
    Broke is a former LLL season champ and there's always something to be said for that. There's only a short list of season champs on any site and it's never easy to get there. He also dropped a 1 hour podcast to open the season, so you know he's gonna put the effort in. Could easily see him making an early champ run. I predict 6-2

Floor
    4-4

Celing
    7-1

2. Kill Spree

Kill can be inconsistent at times but when he hits he hits. Currently in the championship against Blue in the tourney and up in votes at the time I'm writing this. That could turn but even if it did he at least showed he can compete with some of the best.

Floor
    5-3

Ceiling
    7-1

1. Eaxlted

I think with what I saw him drop last season in LLL Ex is an easy pick for the number one spot right now. He came out the gate on fire last season and if he starts off anything like that this season he'll be a clear favorite to champ first.

Floor
    5-3

Ceiling
    8-0

Outro

That's gonna be it for this week. I wanted to get an interview in but I don't want to delay the mag any longer than I already have lol. Next week we'll definitely get an interview in as well as some other sections. Drop some heat and let's make this season DOPE AS FUCK!
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Re: The Mag - Week 1

This was an enjoyable read. Didn't realize Dominate was posting here. Infiltration, too. The podcast will be up Saturday, well, that's the plan at least. There might be two, one for the Dumb Nice Cypher results and another for Week 1. It depends on if Smog checks in tonight. If it's a no show I'll just focus on the 2 podcasts instead of going for VOTW.

Battle Record
    5-10
    Awards No Show 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion

Dope work, @King

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

ty ty
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    12-3
    Awards Cypher Winner Golden Glove Champion GBL Champion LLL Champion FL Tournament Winner FL Tag Champion FL Champion

You da man King!

RANK #10
    Battle Record
    92-22
    Awards 75+ Wins

Dope mag @King thanks for putting in the time

Battle Record
    31-11
    Awards 25+ Wins Key Tourney Champion - Key Tourney 2 champ LLL Champion LLL HOF

Dope shit.
    Name plays on me are old.
    Legion Of Legends