User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: This is partially why I made the change

This is partially why I made the change

OSRS feels much more like the runescape I love playing than OSRS gold. I was maximum half method into 120 thieving, and that I made the conscience decision that I had rather re-max every skill from level 1 in OSRS than play RS3 and grind 1 more 99. I moved to OSRS recently for reasons. However one difficulty I have had with both games/communities is that this concept that everyone wants to max or that maxing is somehow"the point" of Runescape. Coming out of a Dungeons and Dragons history (which much of ancient RS was very much predicated on) I have never had a campaign where our party made it beyond level 10.

Even with just like 3 years of playing with the exact same character. Building a character and fleshing them out durning the levels is super rewarding and the seeming impossibility of attaining the upper echelons makes the world seem vast and incredible. Because I actually embraced the Role-Playing aspect of the MMORPG, I left so many different characters back into pre-eoc. I possess a certain theme for the personality or would set myself challenges that were unique. Sure there must be a lot of end game content.

But it seems like that is all the community. My main account is a pure f2p in RS3 with a 99s plus a few more not away. I stopped Runescape for a period of about five decades and returned October. Pretty much everyone I knew is now just grinding out virtual 120s/200m and has maxed. Or maxing again on another/Ironman account. I am really near my goals of getting Magic, Prayer, and 99 Defence, and my buddy who has maxed now in f2p requested me which ability I went to work on next. I had been like. There probably will not be another. I am getting these 99s because they had been childhood dreams of mine or because I enjoy them. However, I don't put any value in maxing.

I'm not planning to do something that I despise like Woodcutting or Fishing for hours just to find the numbers go up. I mean, if I was still a kid with all the time on earth I might. But from my spare time I want in my life. I want something engaging, rather than afkable. I made an Ironman and transferred to Old School RuneScape Gold. And I have put limitations and myself added challenges. And while I could do exactly the same thing in RS3, I discover that the unique equipment system of OSRS makes account builds more rewarding to perform with. And the community (especially YouTube content creators) is way more enthusiastic about that style of game play.

RANK #18
    Battle Record
    92-22
    Awards 75+ Wins

Re: This is partially why I made the change

1v1 me faggot

Battle Record
    0-2

Re: This is partially why I made the change

Huh????
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919