User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: WK05: For Battling (0-1) vs. Smog (1-0) (For Battling Wins)

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

WK05: For Battling (0-1) vs. Smog (1-0) (For Battling Wins)

Regular Battle
    Punches due NO DUE DATES
    Voting ends on NO DUE DATES

Rebuttal Option

both competitors must agree to it at time of check-in
    format is A, B, B, A (A posts first, B drops next, B posts follow-up, A drops final bar)

You have 24hrs from when battle was set to agree on rebuttal battle

You know the rules, if not, refer to the rule thread.

@For Battling
    @Smog

You've Earned a Custom Title! Smog's Avatar
    Battle Record
    66-52
    Awards LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 25+ Wins FL Champion 1-2 Season Champion

Re: WK05: For Battling (0-1) vs. Smog (1-0)

Yep

Battle Record
    5-7

You’re toast

You've Earned a Custom Title! Smog's Avatar
    Battle Record
    66-52
    Awards LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 25+ Wins FL Champion 1-2 Season Champion

Why knock this cluck out when the drug routes how this twat folds
    Shiiit, I’ll just make for buy four fentanyl pills and watch him bash his head off roads
    Last edited by Wuxia; August 22nd, 2023 at 07:53 PM

Battle Record
    5-7

His hairs a MESS. Women point & laugh when they see him around
    some1 better get this catacomb or he’s gettin buried miles below ground

Re: WK05: For Battling (0-1) vs. Smog (1-0) (OPEN FOR VOTES)

For Battling had a simpler wp than Smog but it was pulled off more to my liking. I'll go with FB.

Battle Record
    1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Preston and Ivy View Post
    For Battling had a simpler wp than Smog but it was pulled off more to my liking. I'll go with FB.
    Idk what you're talking about. If you look at Smog's pic and compare it to FB's pic then the guy with the messier hair would be FB. Smog put more thought in his lyrics and that's what matters to me the most. If you're going with FB then I'm going with Smog.

Battle Record
    5-7

Gone

smog ass had a nameflip inside of a wordplay shits hard to pull off imo it was nice for battling had a wordplay that i seen before but this was different shit i loled at how it went from 0 to a 100 real quick from dude hair being fucked up to bitches not feelin it to dude gettin buried for not having a comb fr lol but yeah mvgt smog

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

FB for the far cleaner execution. If we're gonna be pedantic about it, neither of them were really precise bars in a personal sense, but FB's was simple, clever, and flowed better with his set up.

VOTE FB.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

I thought Smog had alot popping off in the setup, with the internal rhyme schemes and everything, whereas with his closer it was straightforward. The 1st line was a bit mechanical, with the 2nd being free-form, and I thought this worked against him because that free-form aspect is what makes his stuff so impactful, so the setup felt unnatural. If it were to come down to For Buy Four/Off Roads and catacomb/buried miles below ground, I would choose the former because, even though wordplay variants aren't a turn off to me, the way FB set it all up was very loose in practice. He ended the bar with a violent misdirect where there was no indication of violence suggested at all, like after reading the setup I thought that he was going with jokes, even with the wordplay I was still thinking jokes, then the misdirect felt super out of place because he focused on why Smog was going to get buried, not how, and that ruined it for me because just saying get the man a comb or he's getting buried didn't seem all that violent to me. I would of preferred a different build. With that said, from setup to closer FB executed his punch better. I don't think FB beat Smog here, I think Smog beat Smog, and FB won the right to take credit for it.

v-FB

Battle Record
    7-5

Yeah I feel the same about smog bar, the set up was fire then idk just fell flat for me ..
    FB had cleaner execution so he gets my vote.

FB

Battle Record
    4-3
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

Smogs wordplay came across as a little bit forced to me although it was quite complex with a few words on the bounce which I respect, FBs had me laughing catacombe was fucking hilarious
    V/FB

Battle Record
    32-6

6-1 For Battling wins