Thread: Lenox - London Transport

Lenox

Lenox - London Transport

Last edited by Soule; October 28th, 2023 at 11:58 PM

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion 25+ Wins PC HOF OM HOF

Re: Lenox - London Transport

Beat is sick. Wu Tang type ish. I think your flow and delivery is smooth. Gives me Ghostface vibes. I'd like to see you tackle a beat and ride it (no homo). While you do your thing here the beat has a little too much to flow on. It's nice to see you drop a track. This felt more like a key style over a best if that makes sense. Good shit but I'd like to see more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Wuxia
    You're a really talented writer. And I've only ever said that to Baron Mynd.

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

I wasn't expecting it to be this good.

The pro's
    - rode the beat well for the most part (faltered a couple times but overall pretty good)
    - lyrics were cool because they flowed well although i didn't always know what you were talking about
    - beat choice suits you

areas of improvement
    - need to project your voice more. you're using your head voice but you gotta use your chest voice
    - more punchlines (this seemed like a swag n flow piece with flow heavily tipping the scale)

Overall enjoyed it but definitely need to project your voice more

keep at it

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

This actually sounds alot like the current underground hip-hop trend. It's going to take a bit of effort on your part to differentiate yourself from the crowd because there are alot of dudes with similar production and swag/flow. With that said...I loved it. Everything I just pointed out was done so that you realize for yourself not to get lost in the shuffle. The writing is great, the flow is on point. You did sound kind of, I don't know, quiet and reserved on the beat. But I could sense you were comfortable with your material, enough where you definitely put swag into it without it coming off unnatural. 2:30 seconds is a bit short for me, especially with the outro included. Maybe go for 3 minutes at least on each track. That gives me 2 verses and 3 hooks, and I think that would suit you as well. I'm not opposed to just doing a verse with no hook, as long as the length of the track is extended so that the verse doesn't leave you wanting. So yeah, it's dope. Props, man.
    Last edited by Wuxia; October 31st, 2023 at 01:25 AM

-Marvelous-
    Battle Record
    58-10
    Awards Legendary Member LLL Champion GFX HOF - Award Request Accepted SOTW ABL Champion FL HOF VBL Champion - VBL Champion AOTM AOTW FL Champion

ay never knew ya did audio.

This was cool, but sounds like your whispering. are you new to audio ? and are you reading your lyrics as your rapping them? my advice would be try to memorize most of your shit. and have the pad or note as reference. otherwise you almost fall into the trap of just reading and your voice gets stuck in that monotonish place lol

i liked the lyrics though, regardless of punch lines , beat seems like something to just free verse on. I enjoyed it doe keep it up

hit my audio when ya get a chance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

You remind me of Napoleon Da Legend. Which is a praiseworthy compliment. You should give him a listen to see what I mean. I thought the track was dope, I strictly listen to underground hip-hop so when I say your music resonated with me you have to understand I'm listening from a different perspective than most mainstream listeners. Lol. You put an EP or Album on Apple Music and I'd definitely cop it because I listen to rappers with your style alot.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Smog's Avatar
    Battle Record
    66-52
    Awards LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 25+ Wins FL Champion 1-2 Season Champion

Love it actually. Love the soft melody chill vibe. The chill n just flow shit. Dope bruh