since everyone here wants to be a little miniature spit proffesor I guess I'll throw my two cents in...

PERSONALIZATION is to me and many others what makes a battle rap worth a vote...

there are many ways to personalize a verse and it's up to you wich ones you use...

First=use of your oppenents name:

this is the most common and most obvious of directed attack techniques...

but it realy only works if you rhyme it with your next line or use it in a multi...

exp: ...and Alanis will cry "don't you think it's ironic that a man named Massacre died?"/

this was an example of using your enemies name in a multi...

exp2: ...it ain't gonna take me long to win against a bitch like Vortext/
I've ripped through many men to get to this point but you're next/

this was an example of rhyming your enemies name with the next line, this can be done in reverse by saying your oppositions name last.

these are both considered direct hits and can be effective if you have a good sense of flow, straining to add your opponents name in the middle of a line will usually stand out as forced...

next there is finding a meaning or another word in your enemies name:

exp:...A teeny leaking peepee is what's needed to turn on the TV/ (timevirus)

exp2:grabbin Mass acre's of the landscape to send crashin into this mans face/(massacre)

this is usualy an effective method of personalizing and punching all in one blow. one that I use often.

then we have the initial usage. this is used only if the enemy has more than one word to his name or is a series of letters such as in this example:

exp: I Break Poor Cats with Battle Programed Cyborgs that ignore facts/
and head straight for wack Bitch, Pussy Cunt spitters, rip em up and leave the floor cracked/ (BPC)

this one is more difficult than the other two because you must try and make sure that it makes sense and fits the flow...

if anyone has anymore insight into this just drop it below...

written by Souliberty