User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Graffiti Poem

Arrow Graffiti Poem

two things that are very dear to me are graffiti and music, so i decided to bond the two. i wrote these lines and i wrote music for them also.

i look at things buffed over, and wonder what stood there,
    what hands once gave this dead wall life, did the people even care?

each line had a meaning, every colour which was used,
    meant something to the writer, now his work had been removed.

but i say let them preach and wreck,
    let us have our pride and shame,
    to you and the world we'll all mean nothing,
    at least the walls will know our names.

"writers will never die", i once read that on a door,
    and these words are branded in my mind, though these words have been buffed over.

sorry if the lyrics cause some confusion. the terms used are terms or slang used in graffiti: when i say writer i mean a graffiti writer and "buff" means when people paint over or clean off graffiti.
    i know its short and its supposed to be because its meant to be a song, not a rap.

This was really hot to me because it gave me a different perception of graffiti. I never truly understood why people would go through all of the trouble writing on walls when it would get them in so much trouble (even though it was art) but I can see how it can be so rewarding...giving an identity to something... and also how it feels to have something with so much meaning to you be so unappreciated by others.

what hands once gave this dead wall life, did the people even care?
    to you and the world we'll all mean nothing,
    at least the walls will know our names.
    Hottest lines!
    I'M NEVER SATISFIED WITH CONTENTMENT...IT ONLY PREVENTS PROGRESSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Frè뚆y£ê £ëgênÐ

thanks alot man i appreciate the fact that there are some emcees out there who appreciate graffiti and recognize it as an art.

Content was nice.
    There is real passion behind this for you which is refreshing, far from some of the dribble that gets spat out on this board sometimes.

I do think you should touch it up, really portray the respect you have for this genre of art by giving the piece the respect it deserves, and presenting it well.
    You should also remove the explanations, because honestly a good write needs no explanation.
    But if you insist on writing an explanation then at least make it easy for the reader to differentiate between it and the actual poetry.

Nice stuff.

Force-Feed you Poison Shamcobra's Avatar
    Battle Record
    19-5
    yea im really into graffiti so it sounded pretty cool 2 me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    110-0
    Awards 100+ Wins
    Damn,....i like this piece. Its very good, and i like the syllable count. The stanza's are nice as well...check myne in sig

thanks alot guys and yeah this is just what i wrote down as ideas popped into my head. ill touch it up for sure and probably add a few more lines. i basically got the music all written. maybe ill record it and post it up if i can use one of my friends' mic or something. like i said before, im glad to see that even people who dont actually write graffiti can refer to it as an art, even though it is really vandalism as well.

id like some more critique on this piece. i got some more stuff in mind which i think ill write tonight. im planning on writing about the 2 sides of graffiti. the angry merchant who has to clean my stuff off walls and the person whose dedicating most of their time to get better and become more respected by fellow graffiti writers.

yeah man thats a good poem on graffiti im a writer myself down here in 513. i have been throwin up for bout 5 years now, i run with the TA cru,. just got outta jail cause im trying to get sum repect but ya no how this world is just a crime something to charge you with. But man i aint stopping because "writers nevA die!" and thats for real!

i think thats what people have to realize. this graffiti thing isnt just something kids with no future do to piss people off. they never take into account how much time is spent on perfecting our stuff. the number one thing that gets me mad is when people say "why cant they put that much effort into something useful." well to us, what we do is useful. i totally understand why a store owner may be upset because he has to clean up graffiti left outside, and i think about that all the time. They also have to realize that whatever they say or do wont stop us from doing what we're doing. They also have to realize that those "scribbles" sometimes take a good writer days to perfect. Not to mention the pieces (graffiti murals) take weeks, months, and sometimes years for writers to perfect and develop. i understand that to most people, these things mean nothing, but to us its a way to get respected and noticed. i dont care if some police officer looks at my stuff and spits at it, if i can get one writer to look at it and give me respect, thats more than enough for me.

Piscean Twin
    I really like that drop and that last line was tight and it applies to peeps like myself who really appreciate graffiti as art. Good drop

peace