Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Doubling

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Doubling

Doubling up perfectly is so hard for me. I need tips...

Re: Doubling

keep workin at it, try to record 3 different takes, then chop all three into 1 mix..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

Harmonise so shit doesnt phase (yes Ive heard it happen) and it also sounds better. You could also change the timing of overdubs to make them stand out more. Is also say equalise them differently. Perhaps if your vocal is quite bright and boosted around 6 and 7k stick your vocals in for depth, boosting around 300Hz. Delay or reverbarate adlibs too if you want that real slow feel but if youi goin for somethin fast Id normally have them really sharp but at a low volume and a slight pan to the main vocal.
    Chorus can sound quite good on some overdubs (natural chorus is better though obviously) though digital processors cannot be fully replaced by the real thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    5-3

practice the verse alot...
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    17-14

yea i dont have problems with timing

but i don't think i mix my dubs to maximize their effect in the mix

i sometimes eq them with a boost at 2k but only a slight one

should i compress the dubs at the same setting as the main vocals?

any tips are good

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

i mix all my vocal tracks together in a group track.

Battle Record
    17-14

what do you mean by that?

like you treat every vocal layer the exaxt same way?

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I route all my vocal tracks to a group track and apply all the fx to the group track unless I wanna add something unique to a single track.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    I route all my vocal tracks to a group track and apply all the fx to the group track unless I wanna add something unique to a single track.
    I also group them but I hardly ever apply effecsts to the whole group. Id want some vocals to be brighter than other tbh... and I find it hard to have layered vocals if the harmonies are so close. Then I need to eq them differently more often than not
    Last edited by Paze; January 14th, 2008 at 06:42 AM

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I EQ all my tracks individually first. Then I mix the levels and pan of all my tracks to place them properly in the mix. Then I tweak the EQs in the mix. After that I start applying fx. Anything I have summed to a group track gets the same fx for the most part. After I have a good basic mix I'll go back and add any special processing to individual tracks. Then I automate the mix where necessary.