User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Closet Secret; Insanity

Battle Record
    62-46
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion FL Champion PS Champion/IE Champion WOP Champion OM HOF PC HOF 50+ Wins

Closet Secret; Insanity

Closet Secret: Insanity

My mind
    Bids for pain
    Pleading, third
    Degree sanity

My thoughts
    Decay waving
    Good-bye
    To my happiness

I close
    My eyes tight,
    Counting to ten;
    To open my eyes again.

I grasp
    For a grip
    To hold, as they say
    “For dear life”

Breathe in account
    For tomorrows
    Satisfaction.
    Burn my dreams
    To bitter ashes
    In sacrifice.
    Shower my wounds
    With water
    That is blessed;
    burning my sins
    Softly with whispers.
    Baptize my body
    And bury me alive;
    Cover these wounds
    That show off.

I wrap my wrists
    And cover my ankles.
    Hide behind shadows,
    That grow with laughter.
    Medicaid my heartland
    With grassy Plainfield’s.
    Bathe me in lilies
    That ascends;
    Sweet scented cries.
    He has sent me
    Here for a purpose,
    Not a reason,
    So I stay in support
    And comfort.
    I draw lovely pictures
    With carved cravings
    For others to know
    -“I was here”

Tie me down
    and loop my arms
    past one another
    to show myself love.

In this time of action
    I sit patiently and help.
    I cooperate with
    Such demands and smile.
    This is my haven,
    This is my kingdom.
    Come whatever may…
    The bulb above me is my sun.
    Happy thoughts they say…

“Think of a happy place”

My happy place
    Is here; I have found
    It in this solitude of need.
    I bask in what
    I have found
    to
    be
    “My chamber of Sanctum”
    Last edited by Spoken; April 10th, 2007 at 11:50 PM
    ARTIFICIAL | PO'ETHICS | INTELLIGENCE

better than legendary Neruda II's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-2

Re: Closet Secret; Insanity

Wow, great work here man. Very impressed. Your tone was outstanding, and precise. This was well thought out and the breaks were perfect. It was calm but intense at the same time, really an amazing effect. The diction was on point, not overly complicated but you used your words well. You really showed a strong sense of a poet in this one, a poem written in great maturity. You're growing quickly homie.

Of course this is a very introspective piece, it seems like a brutally real look into yourself. I'ma take a shot in the dark here and say this might be about poetry itself and the place it takes you to. It goes from a feeling of insanity to a atmosphere of serenity. That's a great way to show the cycle in which alot of poets write. I really enjoyed this. Stay up homie.
    murder murder

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

weird piece. loved how deeply it went into whomever it was describing. could be you or it could be you from another's perspective. but either way, you portrayed this very nicely. there's not much else to say except that it was tight. it almost had a bit of flow to it but at the same time none at all, and there were some pretty cool metaphors. using those two "well known" phrases was a clear way to describe the things going on at those parts and i'm glad you described those as already used saying rather than just using them in the piece. I hate it when people use those types of sayings as if they made them up, but you used them to a plus side. good read, thanks.

Battle Record
    62-46
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion FL Champion PS Champion/IE Champion WOP Champion OM HOF PC HOF 50+ Wins

thanks o appreciate the feed deeply .

Battle Record
    16-5
    Awards PC HOF OM HOF

dude the structure after opening the thread when i saw i automatically thought wow basic/gay/wack/waste of read.....BUT...it was actually such a relaxing peace to read dude it was like a 'heaven like lolley-bye' was honestly such a beautiful read bruh in the imagery perspective it was laid down perfect man i loved the originality in this bruh.....the emotion meh was mediocre to above decent was okay with me...not amazing but was fine,
    man this is just a hair slightly one dust from a fart cloud off of being DEFINATE HOF MATERIAL,-but mosdef dope dude your last 2 drop's have been nice and have impressed me immensly. thanx dude

okay now to be the cruel ego...NEGATIVES......'emotion is good but need to be a bit more stronger and solid - i want a picture(imagery) with feeling's(emotions/ not just a picture you feel ....the emotion was fine but was like not 100% there like the reader oh so wishes it was lol.....and maybe having word's misplaced he somewhere they don't fit that throw's off the flow....although you didn't have that problem in this one you did in the previous....just giving you real feed that's only gonna make you greater than you already are my dude.......
    overallabout 80% pleased here very good shit duke'
    Last edited by Kaotic Theory; March 15th, 2007 at 04:57 AM
    AI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    62-46

thanks man love to see you feed my shit cus you the dude that is cruel and honest with blunt speeches to learnaadvice from bruh thanks mate i appreciate it big tie i owe you....

bumpity...

Battle Record
    16-5
    Awards PC HOF OM HOF

no prob that's how i elevate still today with feedback to where not only positives, but the reader will posts up my negative's also so i can see what i can fix maybe to better my next poem after to a level of extreme....

sick drop though dude, hey we still need to collab man.....what the feezy pm with a topic soon.
    AI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hence Forth, Move Forward
    Battle Record
    5-5

yeah.. pretty damn dope there buddy.. I loved the structure.. because it was a plain structure.. but it allowed the words to be what carried it... I hate when kids are like.. "yo, that structure was the shiznit." Structure isn't deep.. this was.. Good job.. I don't really feel like writing a huge long critical breakdown of the piece because you've got 70000 other jerkwads to do that.. but I'll leave you with this... It was ill.
    Split.

Battle Record
    62-46

thanks man appreciate it for your time and KT will do mayne..

Bye bye black bird Poeta Demonio's Avatar
    Battle Record
    18-1
    Awards OM HOF PS Champion/IE Champion PS HOF PS Season champ Legendary PC PC HOF

You have a unique style, and this piece deominstrated the power of simplicity, it was set through calmness, yet at the same time made me feel uneasy as i read further, it was almost like you were writing as your own character, your own mindstate, maybe i'm wrong, but i don't actually think this piece was about insanity, i believe it was about society, and what is becoming of people in general... If so, that was a real nice touch man, interesting way of deliving your message, the structure i also believe may have been symbolic as the breaks kind of made me feel like it was a pause of tention, almost like it ws a deliberate catylist to create an eary 'what's going to happen next' kind of sittuation. Once again, maybe i'm wrong,m but that's what i drew from the piece.

Okay as for internals, your word choice was pretty perfect, nothing i can really point out as misplaced, it was well plotted and had an interesting tone to it. You used light and shade of imagery to almost draw the reader into believing in things that wasn't actually said in the piece, which was clever.

Nice piece man.
    AI

“ˇViva la Revolución!”

Battle Record
    62-46

^^well thank you i actually was trying o find a way to deliver in my own character but also as a whole in the world...so you pretty much got it poeta...and the breaks yea....something like that...

thanks man appreciate it.

Bye bye black bird Poeta Demonio's Avatar
    Battle Record
    18-1
    Awards OM HOF PS Champion/IE Champion PS HOF PS Season champ Legendary PC PC HOF

Upping.
    AI

“ˇViva la Revolución!”

Battle Record
    62-46

bump.

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Nicely done man, from the last time i was in IE you have evolved so much that your old pieces seem trash..no disrespect to your old pieces at all but this is on a nother level, it's as if you finally found that shine that was under dirt and only shone at moments and at others was dull. This was nicely done, with thoughts flying in every corner, a very good soliliquay type ish.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Battle Record
    62-46

bumpin.