User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Drake "Take care review"

Drake "Take care review"

Drake "Take Care" Review by
    http://ww.thecorporatethiefbeats.com

After intense listening to Canadian rapper Drake's sophomore 2011 album Take care I find that Drake out did him self this time. With clever heavily sample production from his co-conspirator Noah "40" Shebib, just blaze and T-minus Drake finds the perfect sequel to Thank me later. Debuting on the US no.1 billboard charts and selling just over 700,000 in its first week Drake has lived up to the hype that surrounds him.

On the first over view I hear that Take care has still some sounds from Thank me later from the soft loneliness self loathing Tracks that were used with Thank me later. The Tracks in Take care are more up beat,a polished shine of Hip hop electronic R&B and radio friendly inviting.Most of these songs individually I can hear them be potential to big singles.

Drake has established himself as a big hitter within the world of music and hip hop. The collaborations Rihanna, Jay Electronica ,
    Andre 3000 , Lil wanye, Nicki Manji and you can clearly hear his influence from Able Tesfaye from The Weeknd. Everyone (EXCEPT Birdman) has the perfect fit to this album like the missing pieces to a jigsaw. He cleverly use the collaberations to fit the mood and atmosphere of each song, rater just sticking some famous people here and there that have no place with in the track which I believe why the Carter four didn't appeal to me.

TRACKS TO LOOK OUT FOR ON "TAKE CARE"

"Crew love" ft. The weeknd

[YOUTUBE]WjoOAkWPYoE[/YOUTUBE]

Drake has been telling the world about the weeknd for the last year and we can see why. Another Canadian artist 21 year old Able Tesfaye is an absolute joy to listen too. When we lsiten to the crew we cant even comprehend what kind of genre this is?
    Is it hip hop? Is it R&B? Or is this electronic music ? I love when a artist makes us guess like this. Rich melody laden songs from the beautiful graceful falsettos from Able give Drake the opportunity to tell you the listener that he "doesn't beleive in the
    presentation of money"
    that the importance to family and friends has got him to the top.That the passion of his "soldiers" never needed the "diplomas on the wall" to get where they believed they were destined to be. The church re-verb movement creates the epic atmosphere which complements both him the producer "40" and the weeknd.

"Marvin's room" ft jay electronica

[YOUTUBE]mG61N_sr92E[/YOUTUBE]

We all been there were you come home from a party or night club and we make that foolish phone call to that girl that's on our mind. Drake's "Marvin's rooms" is the
    ode to that stupid phone call and paints the listener a vivid picture in our minds of the words that slip from our tongues when in an intoxicated state. Cleverly produced the
    female vocal adlibs "are you drunk right now" Drake tells this lady that she can do better than that the guy she has. This track was never meant to be on the album and he has been quoted that he was shocked as this song had such a deep impact on the internet with many remixes and covers such as Justin Bieber and Jo Jo showing there passion for the song. Not one of my favorite tracks on the album has too many similarities to
    songs on Thank me later but I can relate to the track and once he make the connection like this with fans this track was always going to be a winner. Also as a bonus check out the ending which has a secret verse from Jay electronica which has one of the most catchy raps I have ever heard.

"Make me proud" ft Nikki Manji

[YOUTUBE]8y-0erI46HA[/YOUTUBE]

I love these type of beats, T-minus uses high octane high hats and distorted synthesizer and heavy hitting kicks overindulged in ear candy that make this track symbiotic for Nicki and Drake to feed from one another. The song has similarities from Nikki's "moment for life" as Drake practically recites his affection for women with confidence. Drake praises a woman with a complex mind and hard to get with values "I like a woman with a future and a past" or " sound so smart like you went to college". In most cases we might need the Rosetta stone to tell what Nikki is try to say but she backs up Drakes moral view of the smart confident woman " I never mention everything that I dabble in" keeping in tune with Drake female attraction of "Don't make it to easy girl"

"Look what you done"

[YOUTUBE]Po_xcUBeouk[/YOUTUBE]

To me (you can disagree with if you want) I think Drake real opens his own poetic mind. This is my favorite song on the album and deserves a mention and and open mind. The intricate use of the 808 kit over cashe n cahse graceful, soulful, nostalgic piano looping over and over in the back round the song give us the tale of Drake showing the love for his mother his father grandmother in which she plays out the track giving us the idea from where Drake calls this album "Take care". He has so many quotes that catch me with in the track are memorable like arguing and the apologetic nature of the relationship with his mother.

"And then you ask sh*t and we argue about spending money on bullsh*t
    And you tell me I'm just like my father, my one button, you push it
    And that's "F*ck you, I hate you, I'll move out in a heartbeat"
    And I leave out and you call me, tell me that your sorry
    You love me, and I love you, and your heart hurts, mine does too
    And it's just words and they cut deep but it's our world, it's just us two"

Even with the expression that drake reviels to us about his father both complex and understanding like most modern families."Damn, boo-hoo, sad story, black american dad story"
    We see and feel the belief his estranged father had in his ability as a singer and as an artist, a belief that every father should instill in there son or daughter.

"But I could do anything, you said that, and you meant that
    You took me places, you spent that, they said no, we went back
    Checks bounced but we bounced back
    I put all the money in your accounts back
    And I thank you, I don't where
    I'd really be without that, it worked out man
    You deserve it"

"The motto" Ft Lil Wanye (Itunes bonus Deluxe edition)

[YOUTUBE]FGEYTOyP-WQ&ob=av2n[/YOUTUBE]

With numerous remixes of this song circulating on the net this song has hit potential, lyrical not so challenging but its just one of those songs you find yourself bobbing your head along too. I can see Drakes boss Wayne being livid that this track wasn't around when he was making his making his carter 4. Trippy use of the 808s T-Minus has invites Drake and Wanye to go to town on this beat. Both Drake and Wanye have such catchy hooks and flows that deliver a well polished commercial radio hit.

Take is the perfect answer to Thank me later, its just on of those albums that you can place on the back round and join in when you please. It gives the listener amazing collaborations and production that also is amazing standing alone. Drake has out did himself whit this sophomore release. Drakes lyrics are deep and meaningful with over in self pity but finds a connection with his audience will cleverly remembering that as an artist he is here to entertain. Track by track each have the potential to be billboard number 1's, each graceful easy listening and entertaining nostalgic for the audience Drake caters for. Take care is a remarkable piece of soulful commercial music which Drake has standing the test of the hype releasing Take care is truly a great second album. Verdict 9/10
    Last edited by Blackflags; January 10th, 2012 at 09:46 PM

Battle Record
    12-1

Re: Drake "Take care review"

I was let down by this album. Wayyyyy too much singing. Almost all the beats are too long and slow and emo. It's like he took the score off a sad movie and sung over it for an hour. I thought "Thank Me Later" was a much better album. This one has cuts too, but most of the songs get skipped, cause I don't want to hear slow 7-minute beats and this nigga singing/whining.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-18

Thought this was a real good review, didn't like this album very much at all tho

thanks guys

great review.

Battle Record
    5-1

Dope

Retired
    Battle Record
    51-8
    Awards 50+ Wins

I liked the album, i thought it was pretty good. I still bump a few of those songs now. good review homie.

cheers appreciate it

Battle Record
    21-6

10/10 album

That's the only part you fucked up

Definitely a classic

And definitely Drake's best album thus far
    [/url]