User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Chad 'L.E' McGhie - "Better Men"

Battle Record
    11-5

Chad 'L.E' McGhie - "Better Men"

What's up guys! Got an exciting new track to share with you guys. This is a track with a message disguised as an underground hip-hop banger that promises to please your sub woofer!

All writing, production, and engineering done by myself, as well as some small additional stuff by my brother DeeZ the Composer and my friend Julius. Drop some links and I will always hit them! Thanks in advance for the feedback and hit me up on my social media links if you're interested in networking or putting in some work!

I'm not some spammy dude either a lot of my experience comes from this very website. I always have fun posting on here and would enjoy seeing some added activity!

Feedback Links:

http://rapbattles.com/showthread.php...y-Da-Headcutta
    http://rapbattles.com/showthread.php...NTAL-Skunzilla
    Last edited by L.E; March 10th, 2016 at 01:41 AM Reason: Video tag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Social Media:

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Re: Chad 'L.E' McGhie - "Better Men"

*Copy and pasted from 'Peaky Chat'.

Ok, I'm ready.
    Let's do it.
    First things first.
    I like the title; 'Better Men'.
    Automatically, ironically, lol, that's intriguing.
    I gotta say, I like the scratching, straight off the bat.
    Shout out to my friend @smut peddler , you'd like that.
    And the music towards the lead up of the introduction of the lyrics is good too.
    I don't know if I've got The Weekend on too much or what, but I got a vibe,
    just hearing that music in the intro. There's something really hot about an artist having the
    guts to shout out his own name in the intro of a piece. I like that. I normally wouldn't.
    It's like a guy who'd call out his own name during sex, but...wtf and whatever.
    Additional brownie points to DeeZ and Julius.
    And to you, for chucking them in the credits.
    So far, so good. Let's move on.
    First thing I notice is that you've got a very clear voice. It's crystal. It's rare I hear lyrics clearly,
    but here, I do.
    "What I writes insane, maintain, I put a zip to brain."
    Hmm, I like how you mean it when you sing. You don't just sing. Or spit. You mean it. You convince me.
    You've got angst in your voice. A bit of grunt. Force. Edge. You mean it. I like it when they mean it.
    Cause then I feel it.
    We're not brain dead.
    We feel.
    We feel what you feel. You transmit it to us.
    You get that. It's evident.
    That 'levitating' line was good. And I can't hear breathing, or pauses apart from natural ones, so your pace is perfect, so far, imo,
    I can't fault it. Well delivered. Believable, and smooth.
    Let's keep going....
    your flow is good. You've got a smooth affect happening. At 1.04 though, I have to tell you,
    I'm getting a little bored of the rhyme scheme. I'm feeling myself wanting to switch, before I switch the station on the radio...get it? I need a change, let's see what happens.
    It's like you read my mind because at 1.07 your octave is climbing. Like you're climbing higher.
    And that increase in adrenaline in you, helps me climb a little higher too. Don't forget what I'm feeling, is a mimic of you.
    And I think I got a slight Eminem vibe here lol. Love it. You're an endless supply of rant. So much knowledge to chuck our way.
    And it's slapped at us like we're scum. Brilliant.
    @1.27, that "Yeeaaaaahhhhh" is perfect. And those lyrics right after that bit.....lush....really good.
    Silky delivery.
    Oh yes. "To achieve a better world, all we need is better men." God I need a cigarette.
    And I really like the pause before the word..."...Men...". That was great.
    Little thing, but a biggie for the hook. And I like how you don't make a big hoo-hah about it.
    You just spit it, and move on. lol Very cool.
    You know, for effect, I like how you drag your voice. You ...extend the ending of the word on the last word of the line, or stanza especially. I see you L.E, can you see me? Wave. lol.
    By 2.30 we're only half way through, and it's like you've reached a point, I'm wondering where you're going to go from here.
    Bloody hell. You're a good writer. Endless supply. I envy that.
    I've got the chorus happening again, and I like the background dude talking@3.30. That was a nice addition I wasn't expecting.
    And then the drop of tempo lol, nice.
    @4.11 = GOLD. Nicely done hook there. With that echo of voice in the background giving it more mood too, that's nice.
    I like that you've got msg's to give. The ...' ...are you a better teacher?...' bit just proves that you're not just dead air with a beat.
    And then at 4.39 it's almost like you've got some teasing nursery rhyme happening.
    I like the playground vibe with serious imagery.
    It's almost, creepy. But compelling.
    Ok, hear the hook, and I like it, but what I'd really like right about now...is a build, bigger than what you've got, kind of like,
    an anthem. I want to reach a climatic peak, with that hook when it comes around. Get it? Since it's good, make it different from the rest. As it stands, it's really good, but it's still a little similar.
    Do you get me?
    But I gotta hand it to you, that's a catchy hook.
    I want it to go full circle every time it reaches me.
    I want to be able to anticipate it coming along again.
    If the rest of the song is similar, then the anticipation isn't going to be as strong is it?
    Imo, if you make a bigger contrast, you make a bigger impression.
    On me, that is.
    No idea about the rest of them.

I liked it.
    You've got talent.
    I'd watch you in a show.

Good stuff L.E
    It was my pleasure.
    Thank you.

And since you said..."... Drop some links and I will always hit them!..."
    I'll remind you to reconsider that statement next time, cause someone like me,
    might come along and do this...

http://rapbattles.com/showthread.php...d-insecurities
    Last edited by Emily; March 10th, 2016 at 09:36 AM

You've Earned a Custom Title!

love the topic. pretty good execution of the track. im new listenin to you and right away had to rewind the track cause I could see you were someone I was gonna have to give a full ear to in order to accurately critique the song. lyrically I love the track. damn near every line brought impactful content to the track. emotion was a percect match for the track. gives that vibe like you were listenin to a speech or public service announcement; almost in the same essence as eminems mosh. had not love for the hook first time I heard it but cant lie that by the end of the song I was bobbin my head to it vibin. lol no disrespect intended but the hook almost sounds like conscious cypress hill. all in all I liked the song. not usually what I listen to so as a random hip hop fan with my particular taste I would probably call it a 7.5/10 but in the purity of music and just rating it as a piece of work i'd say 9/10. its rare to come across a perfect track. this falls just short of that in my eyes but still, perfectly executed

yeah that sub is on point. I like the variation in the percussion and how it builds. Scratches are interesting. your raps is on point. no complaint there. this is dope.

Battle Record
    0-1

alright my feed aint gonna be like emily's... not that thorough today.
    But the first line is something that catches my attention. i like it. the flow and beat is something different altogether. can't put a finger on what kind of music this reminds me of, but it's nice man. the verse was pretty hott man. it's pretty dense. will require a real lisatening audience to catch it all man.
    second verse comes in smooth, just like the first one. and the delivery for the most part is nice man. sometimes, i feel like there's an accent or something that's making some of the flow sort of harder to catch exactly what your saying.
    but overall man, this track is something different. dk if i'd call it hip hop or rap, or like lincoln park genre, or what, but it's easy on the ears man.

I like it. and just when i thoguht the track was over third verse comes in smooth. it's consistent man, all over the place it's consistent. i like the better father better teach part alot.

right on man. this track came out solid my man.
    keep it up, and stay lookin out.
    K.B.
    Kevin Berglund
    Valparaiso, IN

Will Return all Feed.

Sweet track fam. I really dug the topic you tackled, a very socially conscious message that you blended with some rugged attitude. The delivery was slick, vaguely reminded me of some bone/thugs type of shit, the rhyme scheme was tighter than a walnut corset and your word choice fitted the topic nicely. Hook was punchy too. Who produced this? The beat was hard but clean, a rare combination.

Apologies for taking an age to rep this. Shits been hectic this week.

Nahlidge - Mr. Hardy - L.E - Judge Mentill - Self Activate - Witty
    OM Hall of Famer

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by L.E View Post
    What's up guys! Got an exciting new track to share with you guys. This is a track with a message disguised as an underground hip-hop banger that promises to please your sub woofer!

All writing, production, and engineering done by myself, as well as some small additional stuff by my brother DeeZ the Composer and my friend Julius. Drop some links and I will always hit them! Thanks in advance for the feedback and hit me up on my social media links if you're interested in networking or putting in some work!

I'm not some spammy dude either a lot of my experience comes from this very website. I always have fun posting on here and would enjoy seeing some added activity!

Feedback Links:

http://rapbattles.com/showthread.php...y-Da-Headcutta
    http://rapbattles.com/showthread.php...NTAL-Skunzilla
    This was pretty dope duke. I liked the style. Has almost a RATM type of rap flow at times. Beat is dope. I think the hook would have been SO DOPE with a heavy metalish singer type of layer under it. Def would fit the vibe.

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    11-5

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlidge View Post
    This was pretty dope duke. I liked the style. Has almost a RATM type of rap flow at times. Beat is dope. I think the hook would have been SO DOPE with a heavy metalish singer type of layer under it. Def would fit the vibe.
    Thanks everyone and thanks man!

And dude, you have no idea the desire I have to experiment with heavy metal vocals haha.

Social Media:

I like the creativity of this track. The creation process I respect greatly. This is one of the great things about music, how people deliver what they have to say. Dope job here bro. I hope you drop some more tracks like this in the future. Their isn't much to really critique here. Maybe 1 thing, switch the flow at least once. When flow switches happen in tracks it usually gets intense. My only point of advice. Dope fucking track tho bro.

Battle Record
    11-5

Thank you all very much for the feedback!

Social Media: