User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Wk 16 CHAMP MATCH: Letterman Vs Lay Doubt.[Letterman wins]

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Wk 16 CHAMP MATCH: Letterman Vs Lay Doubt.[Letterman wins]

DUE DATE
    Due Dates is FRIDAY MIDNIGHT P.S.T.
    Voting Due SUNDAY MIDNIGHT P.S.T.

Bar Limit
    10 lines MIN
    14 Lines MAX

No Show
    If you no show you will have to battle twice in FL to get back into the league.

Additional Stipulations

- Voting -
    Each week, each competitor will be required to vote on at least 3 Battles.
    Championship & Contenders Matches are required to be voted on by everyone.
    Failure to comply, will result in vote deductions (1 link = 1 deducted vote).

- Extension Request -
    All Extension Request must be submitted no later than 24 hours before deadline.
    If your opponent has already dropped their verse, they can either accept or deny your request.
    If your opponent has not dropped their verse, both will be granted extension IF your opponent agrees.

LAST MINUTE EXTENSIONS
    We are willing to make exceptions on some occasions but no matter the exception it will always be up to your opponent.

@Letterman @Lay Doubt
    Last edited by Spree; August 15th, 2016 at 08:14 PM

Battle Record
    46-9
    Awards Legendary Member 25+ Wins OM HOF LLL HOF LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner

Re: Wk 16 CHAMP MATCH: Letterman Vs Lay Doubt

THE CHAMP IS HERE.

you're a fucking faggot.. so I'm dropping first & there's a point to it, slut
    if I let you set the tone for this battle the shit'll sound super lispy & flamboyant as fuuuck
    kid you can't tarnish my greatness so stop acting like your garbage amazes
    before I son you so fucking bad your mom'll go to court & try to garnish my wages
    dude writes complete nonsense so need to stress cuz he's an easy test
    good call on the name though, since every time Letterman shows we always CBS
    I'm a legend with clinics, you think you can beat me? nah I'm deading ya gimmick
    that's a bigger stretch than your girl getting nice & limber for me when I'm ready to hit it
    with all the dope heads gone you became champ & PLETHORA's the kid you were dealt?!
    shit had Killing Spree feelin like a disappointed father, with no choice but to give you the belt
    anyone who thinks this'll be close is lost in the clouds cuz you'll get socked in the mouth
    if voters are on the fence they're trying to get a better vantage point of me stomping you out
    I got game for days, when I hit the club it's nothing for me to bag a hoe cuz I got it
    when YOU hit the club the lines you drop get more "nahs" than a vote from Barcotic
    get dropped queer, I'm top tier, so everyone's about to see this weak guy's disposal
    your verses are so second-rate I can't tell if you're trying to diss cats or offer a re-fi proposal
    I've been seeing some dope punches here lately, lotta cats are starting to put 'em together
    it's like I'm in a word search league, every week I stare at incoherent text looking for Letter's
    you've been champ for too long & it's embarrassing to us all that this fuck's reppin
    so obviously it's time to pass the throne, when every time you drop it's a succession

Lights out.
    Last edited by Lay Doubt.; August 20th, 2016 at 01:27 AM

Young Simba
    Battle Record
    106-57
    Awards 100+ Wins LLL Season Champion 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Doubt View Post
    This account has 57 notifications because mfs keep leaving out the period at the end of my main name lmao
    His reaction to Barcotic showed Lay's weak. Cuz votes like his are a habit
    So it was beyond reasonable, Doubt.. & u left more than enough evidence to prove you're a faggot
    I'm shooting every bullet in the clip. Til fluids leak from your head phony
    Cuz God'll still reserve you a spot in Heaven.. after I empty the 40 out and leave you dead, homie
    This aint '08. Ur battles were wack but ur followers are how u pulled em out
    Now if you get a surplus of votes, that salty faggot is dickriding off multiple accounts
    This fag tough? Bitch act rough.. I'll shoot with mad precision
    & He'll get hit with this calamine if this bitch starts making rash decisions
    Every week I take risks. Always keying last minute, for your info
    If we see lego out on a limb, this kid had a tantrum & threw his blocks out the window
    He fucks with trannys. Finds out its a man but still clings to her bed
    It's a shame the bitch had to crossover.. & you still put the trick between ur legs
    Doubt God? Haha.. this the 7th bar & im ending the cackle
    And watch.. by the Athiest lacking faith in himself to even win in this battle
    If I knew the bar limit b4, I would've stole the win AND ur bitch as a double
    Thats why you didn't satan, son.. cuz too he was afraid to tell his Damian trouble
    We can really fight. Send him my number if he wants a round
    Show up to his crib if son dial.. then he'll get clocked and left outside on the ground
    We didn't miss your presence. Your return had us weary, bitch
    Cuz the league is like your old account: we'd rather have Lay Doubt left out period
    Last edited by Letterman; August 20th, 2016 at 03:06 AM

Battle Record
    122-29
    Awards Masquerade Champion - Award Request Accepted GBL Champion FL Tournament Winner FL Tag Champion LLL HOF Cypher Winner LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 100+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion

Re: Wk 16 CHAMP MATCH: Letterman Vs Lay Doubt.[OPEN FOR VOTES]

if I let you set the tone for this battle the shit'll sound super lispy & flamboyant as fuuuck
    NICE OPENER.

before I son you so fucking bad your mom'll go to court & try to garnish my wages
    GREAT WORDING, BUT HELLA PLAYED CONCEPT

THIS IS ALSO PLAYED ON LETTERMAN

I'm a legend with clinics, you think you can beat me? nah I'm deading ya gimmick
    that's a bigger stretch than your girl getting nice & limber for me when I'm ready to hit it
    THIS WAS SLICK

with all the dope heads gone you became champ & PLETHORA's the kid you were dealt?!
    shit had Killing Spree feelin like a disappointed father, with no choice but to give you the belt
    I LIKE THIS CONCEPT, BUT NOT HOW YOU DISPLAYED IT

anyone who thinks this'll be close is lost in the clouds cuz you'll get socked in the mouth
    if voters are on the fence they're trying to get a better vantage point of me stomping you out
    IVE SEEN "ON THE FENCE" LINES A LOT BUT THIS IS A GOOD FLIP.

I got game for days, when I hit the club it's nothing for me to bag a hoe cuz I got it
    when YOU hit the club the lines you drop get more "nahs" than a vote from Barcotic
    NOT FEELING THIS

get dropped queer, I'm top tier, so everyone's about to see this weak guy's disposal
    your verses are so second-rate I can't tell if you're trying to diss cats or offer a re-fi proposal
    YIKES...HEAT

I've been seeing some dope punches here lately, lotta cats are starting to put 'em together
    it's like I'm in a word search league, every week I stare at incoherent text looking for Letter's
    AGAIN, PLAYED ON HIM

you've been champ for too long & it's embarrassing to us all that this fuck's reppin
    so obviously it's time to pass the throne, when every time you drop it's a succession
    NOT FEELING THIS ONE EITHER

VS

So it was beyond reasonable, Doubt.. & u left more than enough evidence to prove you're a faggot
    A LIL WORDY, BUT NICE OPENER

Cuz God'll still reserve you a spot in Heaven.. after I empty the 40 out and leave you dead, homie
    MEH, DECENT HERE.

Now if you get a surplus of votes, that salty faggot is dickriding off multiple accounts
    DECENT. NOT REALLY THAT MUCH GOING. MORE OF A SURPLUS DISS IMO

YES. YES INDEED.

If we see lego out on a limb, this kid had a tantrum & threw his blocks out the window
    OK WORDPLAY, MEH EXECUTION

It's a shame the bitch had to crossover.. & you still put the trick between ur legs
    NICE

THIS WP IS A BIT FORCED. CONCEPT WAS GOOD THO

Thats why you didn't satan, son.. cuz too he was afraid to tell his Damian trouble
    HMM.. NICE CONCEPT. 2WP'S BUT SOMETHING IS OFF ABOUT THIS

Show up to his crib if son dial.. then he'll get clocked and left outside on the ground
    NICE. BUT WORDING WAS IFFY

Cuz the league is like your old account: we'd rather have Lay Doubt left out period
    NICE CLOSER.

nice battle here.
    Lay Down:
    Stellar wording. But a lot of played material hurt your verse overall IMO.
    L Chapo: solid showing, a few bars coulda been worded better, cpl misses but still pretty consistent for the most part.

Vote Letters.
    Kill a bitch and kill her kid
    all depends what her nigga did
    -herbo

You've Earned a Custom Title! Smog's Avatar
    Battle Record
    66-52
    Awards LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 25+ Wins FL Champion 1-2 Season Champion

Lay

Opener was dope good way to start.. lol
    Sonnin u/ garnish wages has been done but that wording is smooth
    Now I've seen letterman/ late night but see BS.. Shit was fire
    Bigger stretch was dope
    Disappointed father was ok
    I've seen on the fence used a few times but u killed this Imo
    Vote from barcotic was ok I mean iv e seen those type joints done but never really as a pick up line which made it land
    Refi proposal was dope..
    Word search is too played on him
    Closer was pretty cool Imo thought it was light to some of ur other shit but still landed

Vs

Let

Opener was dope
    I've seen dump 40's/ dead hommies but this was a little different so it was decent to me
    Surplus was ehh.. Seen sone1 drop something lije it earlier this season
    Calamine was dope bruh
    Lego go was ehh I don't pronounce it that way
    Crossover was nice..
    Atheist was forced man unless u talkin in German hommie
    I thought this satan son was nice
    Son dial was ok.. Thought u set it up good but finished it a lik rough
    Closer was nice

This shit a dope battle.. Very close I got let missin 3 n lay 2 but both put down some heavy hitters.. With 1 less miss n more of a personal attack I got lay edging this.. No question this a dope bout n props to both for an entertaining read.. Good luck yall but I got lay here

Lay

Battle Record
    33-5

Lay Doubt
    Cleverly calling him gay. Condense your wording. For example, the word super could be dropped and the punch wouldn't lose its effectiveness.
    Nice. Worded well.
    I've seen "CBS" line before but this was a name-play which makes it a decent flip. Also you had a typo, I think you meant to say "no need to stress," but you said "so need to stress." Polished writers write polished verses.
    Weak flip on the stretch concept. Wording could be more concise here too. Take out "nice &" and the second line flows better while not sacrificing effectiveness.
    I like how you spun a personal together with an old concept to make a decent punch.
    Nice. Better wording here.
    I liked this. Seen "nah" lines before but this was a decent flip. Got a shot at Bar, which is entertaining.
    Cool line.
    This didn't connect well. Your boasting up other writers in the set-up and then saying that you're staring at incoherent text each week while looking for him.
    Cool closer. Suck Session

Letterman
    Cool name-play.
    Emptying the 40 to cause his death is not the same as pouring a 40oz out in memory of the dead homies. Therefore, this punch doesn't work.
    Cool shot at Surplus. I like how you tied that into an effective punch against your opponent.
    Ok. Put more thought into the set-up maybe.
    Not really feelin this. He does whine like a kid in the chat thread but this wasn't a clever way of saying that.
    I think the concept was a reach and that led to poor wording.
    The set-up was weak because it had only two words in it that relate to the punch concept. Could have connected with a better set-up.
    Say ten and Satan is a reach dude. Forced.
    Like a dropped call, this was another failed connection.
    Eh. Although I hate period lines because people use them against me and everybody else like em.

Lay: Work on wording. Be direct. I wish I could have given you feedback on your last verse because you were worse about over-wording then and you needed to hear this last week. Unnecessary words are hurting your flow! I like how you don't stray away from what may be considered a "played" concept. There's always a fresh way to flip anything. Good verse overall, but there is always room to improve dawg.

Letterman: You had connection problems that made it hard to land any of the concepts you brought this week. Maybe keying up a verse right away and having a week to perfect it, is what will help solve your connectivity issues.

Vote Lay Doubt
    Stat

Battle Record
    22-3

Mad close I feel like lett edge this. These were my favorite bars from each. This can go either way but I preferred the way letterman came at him. I didn't like the Satan bar shit was terrible from letterman. Lay had alot of old and expected name flips. But he can word em nicely can't hate. Just one seemed a bit more personal. The plethora line was too light to quote for me. I didn't like the 40 Oz flip from letter either stat was dead on with his expo on why it doesn't work right. Lay you had alot of old flips granted they were worded cool just not enough impact. I liked the vantage point bar from you. Thought the nah bar was terrible like letter man's one Satan bs.

V/ letter

Battle Record
    56-25
    Awards LLL Season Champion - LLL Season Champion Cypher Winner FL Champion

The rest of ur verse was just stretched wording on played concepts. A couple of em were aite cuz of how u flipped it but most weren't.

Vs.

--- I wanted to like this bar but it's forced. Would be dope if it wasn't thinking...

Last 3 were blah. Didn't like the dbl wp thought it would been better just flipping Damian. Sun dial is played af. Closer was Decent'ish.

Overall: this an easy W for lett imo. He had fresher concepts and better flips.

V. Letty
    Now I am become death; destroyer of worlds.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Enbombz's Avatar
    Battle Record
    29-24
    Awards LLL Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion

lol good opener
    meh okay
    played okay flip
    okay
    nice persoall flip
    meh
    nah
    i dont know the reference but i'll give you at everyone says its decent
    too played
    so obviously it's time to pass the throne, when every time you drop it's a successiona
    nah

vs

decent n/p opener
    meh
    meh
    good shit
    bit of a reach but was decent
    meh
    too much of a reach
    meh reachy
    cool
    okay closer

close as fuck tbh for me. Letter reached a bit in parts and lay came with the played shit that's where they both missed most for me, both were pretty consistent though, nothing awful from either the misses weren't miles away just either too much of a reach or too obvious. I just gotta edge it to let though on the creativity. Lay's got this smooth execution but played it safe w/ some played stuff. Good champ match not hof but one of the better ones this season.

vote let
    Nowadays an Ezekiel be enough to stake a kosher death
    Left ghost instead, these Dudes don't even know their dead

Battle Record
    151-13
    Awards 150+ Wins Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL HOF LLL Champion FL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

simplistic but pretty decent opener

plaaayed out man, u should already kno

both CBS and letterman nameflips are played but the combo made it decent

again, played. reminds me of the countless long stretch/yoga lines

this was cool, smooth wording too

cool

ironically this bar deserves a nah. it was weak

decent

whack, plus basically every way to use letter as a np is played out

ehh, decent-ish

vs

pretty sure this is played on him, the personal aspect didn't save it (even tho it's true)

didn't like this at all

decent

ur heating up now, this was coo

lol nice

dece, could've been a lot better tho

forced, unless ur hush or someone else w/ a lisp

nope

seen similar n this wasn't any better

k cool, and relevant since he's been logging in on it lately

so overall this was an underwhelming champ match that had a lot of old flips, it was definitely close tho tbh.. 2 standouts + 4 passables vs 3 standouts + 2 passables = really hard to call

play doubt had some pretty bad misses, plus letter had lotb (lego out on a limb) IMO so Ima go w/ him

v/letterman

You've Earned a Custom Title!

I'll give letter credit, his first 10 lines were dope.

But his last 10 lines all sucked.

Lay Doubt had some played concepts but killed this.

Not ganna vote but lay doubt won this, letter started hot but ended real bad imo.

-vote doesn't count. not broken down

-staff
    Last edited by KnowP; August 22nd, 2016 at 12:01 AM

Rusty
    Battle Record
    64-33
    Awards Cypher Winner FL HOF 50+ Wins FL Tag Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion

Vote: letterman if you want explanation I will but doubt should be dq'd anyway.
    1x Best Overall Textcee(tie)
    1x FL Best Text Battler

You've Earned a Custom Title!

ook
    lol i thought this was good
    nope sorry bro
    didnt like this one either man
    no to me
    this was good
    not really creative to me
    nope bro
    didnt hit to me
    this was a good line

this wasnt really great
    no i seen 40 lines alot back when i last battled in 2010
    sorry dont get it
    this was really good
    i think this was forced
    lol good
    this was clever it hit really good imo
    lol i like this one was creative
    yes this was dope imo
    didnt feel this

this was a good one to me i think letterman won this he had acouple of more hard hitting lines to me good job to both
    Last edited by Forge; August 22nd, 2016 at 04:02 AM

Battle Record
    15-11
    Awards GBL Champion Cypher Winner

Vs

Heaven.. after I empty the 40 out and leave you dead, homie

Vote: let

Felt it was truly 1 sided

Battle Record
    4-8

Doubt:

Dope. nice opener mate.

Nice.

Nice.

Eh, not feeling.

Nice.

Dope.

when YOU hit the club the lines you drop get more "nahs" than a vote from Narcotic
    Nice line, and relevant.

Nice line.

it's like I'm in a word search league, every week I stare at incoherent text looking for Letter’s
    I wasn’t feeling this one, failed to go from cool concept to impactful punch.

Haha clever. Nice.

Let:

Nice.

Not feeling, I see what you tried to do here - but it doesn’t connect.

Lol, nice! Plus, haha, surplus posting in the thread. Couldn’t have chalked this one up
    any better.

So, this felt lazy to me? The actual punch was pretty good, but before just seemed
    thrown up… Actually, I never gave the “in an audio or live battle” feedback,
    but text’s one upper hand is you can elaborate and build a scene… That would have
    helped this go from a light jab to a straight right hand.

Lol, Dope.

Not feeling.

Everything about this bar was okay… But the word play was really good.
    Decent punch.

Not feeling, stretched and the wording was all over the place here.

Lol, nice.

Decent closer.

All in all, I think Lay got this… But a couple of observations, Lay didn’t come as
    flawless as I expected. It wasn’t his usual super smooth, crazy tied-in transitions
    etc… Letterman hit with more wordplay than I have read from him, ALSO,
    had the LOTB but after that, had concepts, but wording - or lack of set ups,
    or even in the satan/dame in like trying to load punches but missing.

I was expected a bit more… but all in all pretty entertaining battle guys.

v/Doubt