Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who won

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Og maestro

5 100.00%
  • Witty

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: Topical -OG Maestro vs. Witty [og wins by dq ]

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Re: Topical -OG Maestro vs. Witty [OPEN FOR VOTES]

Can me & Witty get votes on this guys
    @Art. @Joe Boston @Smog @Tim... @A.T.

Battle Record
    36-16
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion 25+ Wins

I'll try to hit it up on my break today b
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards OM HOF

Witty. It's been a minute since I've read your work but I was instantly reminded of why you're respected. That verse had a terrific mix of a lot of good things. First off, I commend you on your angle to this. The whole rise and fall aspect and behind the scenes look of glitz and glamor really meshed that topic in a strong yet abstract way. Additives such as that lullaby really added to the depth. Mechanically it came off care free yet very technical. Freedom of mind while writing. Very impressive verse.

OG. I feel youre intro wasn't very reader friendly. It's often a good idea to start out with a simplistic version to the more advanced rhymescheme you set to achieve to influence how the reader reads it. Aside from that, I have very little to critique about this verse. I feel Witty's verse was easier to follow but that yours has more substance. You had some sections that stood out to me. One of my favs
    "With cotton fleece from head to toe, that reaped what they sowed
    His heart in tune with the beat of his soul; a sheep in a reaper's clothes
    Irony.
    The same fabrics of his mind & habits of his grind made what he wore
    Mastered tactics of Sun Tzu but remained engorged as a slave to the war
    He gained and matured, flowing like water within a Leviathan's calms
    He saw those that reside in the palms & fuse together like hydrogen bombs"

just building momentum and hammering it home. The visuals you closed the verse out on left it at a strong note. Really nice verse.

After reading Witty's verse I didn't think there was much of a chance I'd vote against it, and after OG's intro that notion was reinforced, but Frost got back on track and strung together some powerful sections in a verse packed with obscure, yet alluring references. I'm sitting here stumped on who to vote for. Literally just typing words right now hoping the mindless motion will help me think. It isn't. After a reglance through the verses I believe I have reached a verdict. Frost came with a lot of passion. I feel the energy emmited from Witty's verse was more contained, and that it was used in a more controlled matter. Sucks that either verse has to get voted against but I feel Wittys verse was a bit easier to follow, better incorporated the theme, and was a cunt hair above his opponent here.

Frost, congrats and making this such a close battle. One of the better verse lyrically I've read from you.

+1 Witty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Re: OG Maestro vs. Witty

Quote Originally Posted by Killing Spree View Post
    @Witty
    You have till mid night to provide 2 voting links!!!!!
    I wanted this voting to conclude but I want to battle other people and it's taking way too long. a full month tho? wow
    I'm ready for this to be closed dawg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    Witty. It's been a minute since I've read your work but I was instantly reminded of why you're respected. That verse had a terrific mix of a lot of good things. First off, I commend you on your angle to this. The whole rise and fall aspect and behind the scenes look of glitz and glamor really meshed that topic in a strong yet abstract way. Additives such as that lullaby really added to the depth. Mechanically it came off care free yet very technical. Freedom of mind while writing. Very impressive verse.

OG. I feel youre intro wasn't very reader friendly. It's often a good idea to start out with a simplistic version to the more advanced rhymescheme you set to achieve to influence how the reader reads it. Aside from that, I have very little to critique about this verse. I feel Witty's verse was easier to follow but that yours has more substance. You had some sections that stood out to me. One of my favs
    "With cotton fleece from head to toe, that reaped what they sowed
    His heart in tune with the beat of his soul; a sheep in a reaper's clothes
    Irony.
    The same fabrics of his mind & habits of his grind made what he wore
    Mastered tactics of Sun Tzu but remained engorged as a slave to the war
    He gained and matured, flowing like water within a Leviathan's calms
    He saw those that reside in the palms & fuse together like hydrogen bombs"

just building momentum and hammering it home. The visuals you closed the verse out on left it at a strong note. Really nice verse.

After reading Witty's verse I didn't think there was much of a chance I'd vote against it, and after OG's intro that notion was reinforced, but Frost got back on track and strung together some powerful sections in a verse packed with obscure, yet alluring references. I'm sitting here stumped on who to vote for. Literally just typing words right now hoping the mindless motion will help me think. It isn't. After a reglance through the verses I believe I have reached a verdict. Frost came with a lot of passion. I feel the energy emmited from Witty's verse was more contained, and that it was used in a more controlled matter. Sucks that either verse has to get voted against but I feel Wittys verse was a bit easier to follow, better incorporated the theme, and was a cunt hair above his opponent here.

Frost, congrats and making this such a close battle. One of the better verse lyrically I've read from you.

+1 Witty
    Btw thank you so much for voting. It's like the whole fucking site scanned over this and said "fuck it" smh.

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Closed