and shout…”It’s the footsteps in the hall!”
    But I know it’s the audience clapping
    The show is over
    When will you come?
    Until you do… I’ll sing for you

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...80608-Tell-143
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...-hearts-memoir
    Last edited by Emily; August 31st, 2014 at 01:11 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW
    ATTENTION Emilyinthepool,

This automated notification is a friendly reminder for you to provide (2) links to other member submissions that you left adequate feedback to.

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins

Re: Sing to you

For the life of me I couldn’t get into a rhythm with this poem. It read
    really choppy and awkward for me. I’m not exactly sure why but I
    think it’s a combination of your word choice, syllable count, and line
    breaks. This poem felt distant and I couldn’t get on board with it.
    Not necessarily your fault. Also, I think the constant repetition of words
    and lines doesn’t work to your advantage here.
    I really like the general idea/concept of the poem as a whole, I just think the
    execution could be improved on. Keep writing, looking forward to reading
    more of you in the future.
    A few achievements here and there

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards OM WOTM

idk wtf Laur is talm bout..but this shit was mad dope. the whole audience clapping theme had me on some other shit..as if nothing was ever good enough..but then you turned the claps to footsteps and changed the whole aspect of the piece imo..it kinda has 2 different views from my point..be it two view from the same person or each one having their own view..but i took the first concept in my mind while reading..this piece had that kind like i told you not to fuck wit him/her typea feel..and i dug that..like how you opened it up as if you were just basically talking to your significant other but be it someone else interpreted what you were trying to get across type of affect..then the burn for your return part was like to me the other person telling them every time i voice my opinion it gets heated...so we end up in arguments and what not..this was dope..i love reading your pieces keep shit like this up and you'd be the new abiona..if you're not her!!!
    INKorporated

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

I AGREE with ^ poetry isn't to much about rhythm, thats the beauty of it all . Ienjoyed the approach here and different points of view. You one good as writer girl (wife) and im still waiting on that collaboration. What made this piece what it was is the concept I can repeat what Sam said but im going to save myself time. Also like I mention every time I read your work I love your ability to tell a story, it's like you take a concept and evolve it into your own thing. You are definitely one of my favorite writers at the moment.(wife) Ben *laureate tends todissect things completely, he expects greatness each time so don't get discouraged. Far from distant. In the words of yourself "keep that pen writing".

Checking out - Niccolo -a.k.a [Husband]

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Thanks Niccolo but you never signed a pre-nup. Tisk tisk
    As for Laureate, I appreciate his advice. I only get pissed off if someone shows a mightier than thou attitude.
    That makes me want to dig my heels in. Other than that, I like hearing it all. Good and bad.
    This poem was actually about a lady who went insane through love. When she sang to her lover, she thought the audience was clapping for more, not knowing that the nurses down the hall were running to come put her in the padded room.
    So, of course, she sang louder. Vicious circle.
    Not my best piece, but I liked the sicko factor of it.
    I do realise that we need to the darkness to appreciate the light.
    I just really appreciate the feed.
    And love RB.
    And thank you guys for your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicasso View Post
    I AGREE with ^ poetry isn't to much about rhythm
    it is absolutely about rhythm, but not exclusively rhyme - the 'flow' you might attribute to hip hop lyrics is entirely derived from the CADENCE of poetry. stop boxing things up.

i gather the poem is about a mental patient forlorn over a lost love: white jacket/lonely room. my interpretation, at least. so it's valid but not necessarily correct. didn't make much else from it. a bit bare bones but keep writing as improvement is almost inevitable as long as your disposition isn't entirely fucked. think about incorporating a motif if you want a thread to run through your work.

edit - just read your second post and lol i'm clever.